IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg
There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 95.
#1001 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

This will be my first time at a show this year. Are there often EM's for sale at these events? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Always a few EM's for sale. Pretty much forget about getting a really good deal on one though.

#1002 9 years ago

I recommend going on the last day if the show if you want a good deal. At that point, some of the machines will likely be marked down if they haven't sold. The owners won't want to drag those machines home if they can avoid it.

#1003 9 years ago

Good advice on the show. Here are some pictures of the playfield and cabinet of the 1968 Gottlieb Fun Land I picked up today from an antique dealer going out of business in Renton. The back-glass is in VERY good condition as well. Will post more pics once I get it back from being tuned up (a few mechanical issues) and cleaned up (new posts, rubbers, bulbs, cleaned/waxed, etc).

Overall, I'm very pleased with the condition!

IMG_4874.jpgIMG_4874.jpg
IMG_4875_2.jpgIMG_4875_2.jpg

#1004 9 years ago

Good advice on the show. Here are some pictures of the playfield and cabinet of the 1968 Gottlieb Fun Land I picked up today from an antique dealer going out of business in Renton. The back-glass is in VERY good condition as well. Will post more pics once I get it back from being tuned up and cleaned up (new posts, rubbers, bulbs, cleaned/waxed, etc).
Overall, I'm very pleased with the condition!
IMG_4874.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_4875_2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That was my very first pin I owned. Picked it up from someone in Spokane. Miss it.

#1005 9 years ago

Cool! It is such a pretty playfield and really a fun game, too. They have one at the Pinball Museum in Seattle.

#1006 9 years ago

Pinballbulbs will also be selling a beautiful tricked out pirates at the show this year.

#1007 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Pinballbulbs will also be selling a beautiful tricked out pirates at the show this year.

awesome! the Humph with probably be taking up residence at your booth. That's his grail pin. Heard he was tempted to buy yours along with that TWD that he picked up from you a while back.
--- of which, his wife STILL does not know.....

#1008 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Gonna be selling our Circus Voltaire at the NW Pinball Show. Feel free to stop by the booth and check it out.

Daddy want.

#1009 9 years ago

My first post!

I'm looking for a machine I can re-theme. I want to make a Mystery Science Theater 3000 pinball. I'm kind of thinking something mid-80's. I'd prefer to use a machine that isn't worth restoring to original.

Something with an ugly playfield but mostly works would be idea. Maybe $400-500 range?

#1010 9 years ago
Quoted from seven:

My first post!
I'm looking for a machine I can re-theme. I want to make a Mystery Science Theater 3000 pinball. I'm kind of thinking something mid-80's. I'd prefer to use a machine that isn't worth restoring to original.
Something with an ugly playfield but mostly works would be idea. Maybe $400-500 range?

I like your idea for a Mystery Science Theatre pin. Cool idea
May I suggest your Hardbody? sorry had to do it...

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from seven:

My first post!

So in love with this idea! Of course now my mind is running wild and I have visions of a lower Deep 13 playfield...

#1012 9 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

I like your idea for a Mystery Science Theatre pin. Cool idea
May I suggest your Hardbody? sorry had to do it...

The rule set and features on that game would be perfect for a re-theme. Lots of targets and things to move around if you wanted. It has a translight and a big empty backbox lighted by a single bulb - basically an empty slate. If my Hardbody was in worn shape, I'd consider it. The thing is damn near perfect though. I'd be a shame to paint over perfectly good ugly.

Quoted from twazu:

So in love with this idea! Of course now my mind is running wild and I have visions of a lower Deep 13 playfield...

There is SO MUCH you could do with that theme - which is why I like it.

You could put in the robots, the Mads, the Manos Hands of Fate guy, an Interocitor, the Satellite of Love, Gizmonic Institute stuff, and pretty much any cheesy b-movie monster you wanted. Plus, all the sets from the show were built out of junk bolted to panels for texture and painted gray. That's be perfect for the inside of a machine. Glue random stuff down, vacuform over it, instant plastic panel.

I have an idea of putting a small LCD screen in the backglass running scenes from b-movies, with a shadowrama silhouette of the guys in front. I could probably pull that off by using one of those cheap digital photo frames.

There is also the invention exchange bit where Joel was wearing a tank costume (which they used in the opening credits). It would be fun to build that and have the ball roll out the tank barrel.

Oh yeah, and you'd need a rotating yellow "movie sign" light as a topper.

A lower Deep 13 playfield would be very cool.

#1013 9 years ago

Hey everyone. Brand new person here. I don't have any tables yet, just doing some research before diving into things.
sound like you guys have a pretty good group.

#1014 9 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I don't have any tables yet, just doing some research before diving into things.

I will have a Silverball Mania for sale soon. (Just needs a couple more things to be done)
Restoration pics in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silverball-mania-owners-club-fans-also-welcome
Will be asking $1000

#1015 9 years ago

Hello. I don't have anything for sale, but I am curious what you're thinking for#1?

#1016 9 years ago

Hi Mark!
Welcome from another Whatcom County pinhead! There are a few local collectors up here in Bellingham and Ferndale. You should come out the next time one of us has a game night.

Or even hit me up if you just want to flip around some evening.
Cheers and I look forward to meeting you sometime!

#1017 9 years ago

Selling a very nice Twilight Zone. Bright unfaded cabinet, beautiful playfield, unhacked. Only lightly modded: blue clock housing, proto white clock face, gumballs, gumball light kit, street lamp (led lit), led clock board. I think TZ is one of those machines that looks best with incandescent lights, but I have installed a few leds in select locations. Reduced to $5,200...$5,000 if I like you Might also consider Avenger's (Hulk LE only)

IMAG0361[1].jpgIMAG0361[1].jpgIMAG0362[1].jpgIMAG0362[1].jpgIMAG0365[1].jpgIMAG0365[1].jpgIMAG0369[1].jpgIMAG0369[1].jpgIMAG0364[1].jpgIMAG0364[1].jpgIMAG0360[1].jpgIMAG0360[1].jpgIMAG0379[1].jpgIMAG0379[1].jpgIMAG0371[1].jpgIMAG0371[1].jpgIMAG0376[1].jpgIMAG0376[1].jpgIMAG0373[1].jpgIMAG0373[1].jpgIMAG0374[1].jpgIMAG0374[1].jpg

#1018 9 years ago

eugene.craigslist.org link

Very clean-looking Strikes & Spares, but YIKES on the price.

#1019 9 years ago

Can any of you EM veterans give me your opinion on this Gottlieb Outter Space?

spokane.craigslist.org link

I would love a "space" themed EM for my new and growing collection and was curious what the general impression of this was. There are only two reviews on Pinside so not much to go on there.

Thanks!

#1020 9 years ago

eugene.craigslist.org link
Very clean-looking Strikes & Spares, but YIKES on the price.

Must come with that freaky little troll.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.59.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.59.50 PM.png

#1021 9 years ago

Glad to see the cast of Cronenbergs "The Brood" transitioned out of film making and into Early SS bally pinball.

#1022 9 years ago

spokane.craigslist.org link
I would love a "space" themed EM for my new and growing collection and was curious what the general impression of this was. There are only two reviews on Pinside so not much to go on there.
Thanks!

I would have gone after this if we'd had space for it at work. I'm maxed out at home with my 3 machines unfortunately. The price is right and it looks like a nice solid EM.

#1023 9 years ago

$450 is a decent price, if truly 100% working and in very good condition,
but kinda hard to tell true condition from the 2 posted photos on CL.
The game is not as fun as the playfield layout might make one think (at least IMHO),
but the art package and theme is cool.
There are better EMs to play, but this game is certainly not the worst.

#1024 9 years ago

First, sorry if this is considered "bad form" for this thread... but as someone who's trying to get into owning pins, and seeing that the NW seems to be hotter (and pricier) than most other areas, could I get some advice on what I could realistically expect to aim at, machine wise, with a $1500-$2000 budget? I'm fine with a player's machine, just wanting it to be working enough to be playable to start with - I'd rather learn to fix and maintain a pin from a good starting state, versus diving in at the deep end and getting one working again. I'd also like to aim at a good SS or low-end DMD to start.

I've tried looking up prices on machines here and other places, and it looks like what I've seen when poking around what's available in the area is notably higher. That's making it hard to even get a good grip on what level of machine I can legitimately look for. (For example, would I be able to wait and watch for a Demolition Man at that range? Or would I want to look at something more like Sorcerer if I want to be able to play it?)

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from GibGirl:

First, sorry if this is considered "bad form" for this thread... but as someone who's trying to get into owning pins, and seeing that the NW seems to be hotter (and pricier) than most other areas, could I get some advice on what I could realistically expect to aim at, machine wise, with a $1500-$2000 budget? I'm fine with a player's machine, just wanting it to be working enough to be playable to start with - I'd rather learn to fix and maintain a pin from a good starting state, versus diving in at the deep end and getting one working again. I'd also like to aim at a good SS or low-end DMD to start.
I've tried looking up prices on machines here and other places, and it looks like what I've seen when poking around what's available in the area is notably higher. That's making it hard to even get a good grip on what level of machine I can legitimately look for. (For example, would I be able to wait and watch for a Demolition Man at that range? Or would I want to look at something more like Sorcerer if I want to be able to play it?)

If you keep your eye out you'll come into a quite nice alphanumeric, or a few lower grade ones, for that kind of money. DMD pins seem pretty scarce, period, let alone at that price point... I'd expect to be able to find at least a DE or Gottlieb/Premier of some sort eventually for that kind of cash though.

My biggest advice would be start getting to know other collectors and making connections. The good stuff gets snapped up before it ever gets advertised publicly most of the time.

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from GibGirl:

I have a Dr. Dude id sell you in that price range...

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from GibGirl:

Plenty of great SS titles in and below your price range.

A decent working Demo Man will probably be closer to $2200, but you can still find DMD project games for less (though I would not recommend a project for your first game purchase).

As Stumptown mentioned, try and meet some local collectors as most folks seem to offer up games to friends and close acquaintances first before listing them in public forums.

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from GibGirl:

The last handful of games I've bought and sold have been from friends I've met locally. Local craigslist here seems to have gotten fairly outrageous. Reach out to a few people and let them know you are interested in xyz titles and when they are ready to sell you may get a call. I know I like to ring someone up and sell it for a decent price than deal with craigslist and have to list high

#1029 9 years ago

Hey there, I am just starting out with my collection and am wanting to start looking for my first table. I've done a bit of research and roughly know what i want, (would love a centaur if anybody has one but other pins with cool art and themes will do as well. I'd prefer to stay on this side of the border to avoid taxes/duties/border hassles. I am more in it to play pinball than to collect, so anything of a player quality would interest me as well. If you have something that you think I might be interested in please let me know. Thanks

#1030 9 years ago

Hey GibGirl, There is a pinsider here Vancouver who is selling his DE Tales from the crypt on CL for $2500. Its close to your price range and a great game, worth checking out. I have never owned one, so I couldn't say how hard parts are to get for DE games, but have played TFTC tons and would add it to my collection if I had the cash. Good luck in your search.

#1031 9 years ago

This is just a friendly neighborhood reminder that I'm still looking to buy a Theatre of Magic. Any/all leads that unite me and my unicorn are so very much appreciated!

#1032 9 years ago

Will keep an eye out for one, twazu!

#1033 9 years ago

Ellis amusements here in boise has 3 TOM but I thought they were a little rough and priced high, you could call and ask about them.

#1034 9 years ago

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a players (or better) LOTR and also a FH playfield (I missed Kevin's post selling one a few months back...).

Cheers,

JH

#1035 9 years ago

Ya that one didn't last long. Didn't mirco do them again? Or are doing them now or something?

#1036 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Ya that one didn't last long. Didn't mirco do them again? Or are doing them now or something?

Yeah - I saw they were bringing some to a Texas show recently? I may wait for the PNW expo to see if I can save a couple bucks on shipping.

#1037 9 years ago

I don't think they go to that show. You might have better luck ordering through planetary pinball

#1038 9 years ago

Thanks, @goldenboy232!!

@pin-pimp, I called, but they don't have any currently. Thanks for the tip, though!

#1039 9 years ago

Looking for
Diner
Rollercoaster tycoon
Judge dredd
Black rose
Maybe congo

#1041 9 years ago

Any of us bought that $2995 "HOU" Road Show off Seattle craigslist? Looks like a sweet machine..

#1042 9 years ago

Just picked up a TZ in need of restoration. Mostly minor stuff (cleaning, new rubbers, etc...), except for the cabinet. It was dropped and the cabinet is very out of square. Anybody have good suggestions for a restoration guy near Seattle in case I just got in over my head?

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Just picked up a TZ in need of restoration. Mostly minor stuff (cleaning, new rubbers, etc...), except for the cabinet. It was dropped and the cabinet is very out of square. Anybody have good suggestions for a restoration guy near Seattle in case I just got in over my head?

There's a good guy out here in Portland if you need someone.

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Congrats, nice pick up - this is on my wish list. Good luck with the cabinet - hopefully not too much of a problem.

#1045 9 years ago

Thanks. I'm hoping a good clamp strap, liberal wood glue, and a few angle brackets inside the corners is enough to bring it back into square. Other than the cabinet, it's just traditional cleaning and parts replacement.

#1046 9 years ago

Anyone know an awesome artist that has experience with PF touchups?

#1047 9 years ago

Just got home from the Pendleton pinball meet, wasted my time wrapping these in plastic and it didn't even rain on my way home. "Captain Fantastic "Vulcan "Jack in the box "300

11111211_10203563102625555_6255540795102896766_n.jpg11111211_10203563102625555_6255540795102896766_n.jpg 10999007_10203563102185544_6307209076543816361_n.jpg10999007_10203563102185544_6307209076543816361_n.jpg
#1048 9 years ago

Hey I just missed Ya at Wild Horse

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1049 9 years ago

11 hours drive time, I'm beat. But worth the trip, good people.

#1050 9 years ago

I saw both of ya there!

0328151315.jpg0328151315.jpg
There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.