• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

J-POP (resized).jpg
pasted_imageG2E2019 (resized).png
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I think this is the right spot for this thread.

I am aquiring a pachinko machine tomorrow and know nothing about them. The guy I am getting it from knows nothing about them. Where can i go to learn something about pachinko machines? Specifically it appears this machine is a 2003 Sankyo Magical Carpet. From the pictures he has posted, it appears he has no beebees for the machine and says it lights up but doesn't even know how to operate it.

I have now rehabbed 3 pinball machines after starting out knowing nothing and reading everything I could get my hands on. I am hoping my journey with this pachinko is similar.

Any help or resources you could direct me to would be greatly appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

When I owned mine 40 years ago, it all worked off gravity. No score keeping, just payouts in balls. One that’s only 15 years old probably has lights and video. Here’s a pretty comprehensive website: http://pachinkoman.com

#4 6 years ago

If you need to buy balls for the machine, I have plenty that I could sell you for a lot cheaper than you would buy anywhere else.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the links. I have some reading to do! It came with plenty of balls.

1 year later
#6 4 years ago

Fingers crossed, I picked up a filthy free pachinko machine via Letgo after work last night. It's a 1978 Heiwa dog theme. I was happy to learn on the pachitalk forum that it is all mechanical except for the lighting. Apparently a couple 9-volt batteries and leds can light it up. Now I have much cleaning to do.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#7 4 years ago

From the G2E (Global Gaming Expo) in Las Vegas today.....

pasted_imageG2E2019 (resized).pngpasted_imageG2E2019 (resized).png
10 months later
#8 3 years ago

Do you love pachinko AND John Popadiuk? Here is the machine for you:

J-POP (resized).jpgJ-POP (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pachinko-2?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.