DSC00887.jpg
DSC00882.jpg
DSC00888.jpg
10-17-2015_12-37-45_AM.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg
IMG_2941.jpg
91FxNg9aGAL._SL1500_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

Here's my Pac-Clockimage.jpegimage.jpeg

2 months later
#81 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Hallo
Today i modified my clock to save the time when you switch it off
Now i can connect the clock to my game room main lightning system

» YouTube video

Cool I would love to know how to do this. Is it hard? Mind explaining a little?

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
its grazy
everything at the pcbs is prepared for it
i think the wanted to save less then 1 euro at this product, grazy
you will need
1 DS1307 sms realtime clock RTC = U3
1 Quarz quarz, 0,032768 MHz = Y2
1 battery 3V
running since a view hours without problems
also unplugged it for more then 15 minutes
and the perfect time after reconnect
DSC_0321_(resized).jpg

Very cool I'm gonna definitely do this but I'm having trouble finding the Quartz. Is this it?

http://jmb-electronique.com/quartz-tc-38/8412-product.html

Anyone know of a cheaper place or better place to order from

#85 8 years ago

Yea I went to that site but the shipping is ridiculous to America. The other one I linked was more reasonable for the shipping cost but I'm not sure if that's the right piece. Mind taking a look?

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

and still running with the exact time after days off

That's great kapsreiter! I didn't get around to ordering my Quartz yet, but I'm wondering if these are the same too?

ebay.com link: itm

Not sure if the . And , are translating the same but they'll the exact same number 32768. I also know these can be used in WPC pinball machines.

Also how do you attach the realtime clock board to the main board in the pac man? I don't see a spot where to solder it the other board.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i believe yes
google says
0.032 768 Mega
= 32.768 Kilo

Great thanks again. Now how to you connect this to U3?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#92 8 years ago

Ahh ok so just the chip correct? Since it's just the chip what holds the the battery in?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
its grazy
everything at the pcbs is prepared for it
i think the wanted to save less then 1 euro at this product, grazy
you will need
1 DS1307 sms realtime clock RTC = U3
1 Quarz quarz, 0,032768 MHz = Y2
1 battery 3V
running since a view hours without problems
also unplugged it for more then 15 minutes
and the perfect time after reconnect
DSC_0321_(resized).jpg

So I'm gonna post my failed attempt at making my clock keep its settings when it's off lol. At the very least it might help someone else not make the same mistake I made.

So I got the 3 parts (chip Quartz and the battery) to make my clock save its settings when it's off.

First getting the clock apart wasn't as easy as it looks. 4 screws in the back, then you have to pry off the plastic tint in the front. (It's glued on the corners) then you have to pry the LED board out (also glued). Now that I know how it shouldn't be a problem again.

The board is deceivingly small. Which means the soldering spots are very very small. It wasn't too bad soldering the Quartz Y2. Soldering the battery was tough. Two wires to the board was simple but soldering those wires to the battery wasn't working for me. I would get one side then do the other but the battery would get so hot when trying to do the other side that the first side would come off again. I ended up just taping the wire to the battery just to see if it would work.

Now the DS1307 chip. The ones I got were bigger than the spot I needed to solder into. On top of that I wasn't sure of which way it should face. The board doesn't have the little square showing which way it should go. With a little schematic searching I went with it faceing the battery. Soldering this was very tough with mine being bigger and the solder spots on the board being so small. I felt I got it though.

I plugged the clock in and my best result was it was saving the time when I turned it off. So I would unplug it at 10:07 wait 10 minutes plugged it back in and it would still say 10:07. I double checked all my soldering and even tried the chip the other way (it got hot so I think I had it right the first way) I really think the DS1307 chip I had was wrong since it was so much bigger than the spot.

Any advice would help. I ordered the smaller chip so I'll give that a try next. In the end I'm just glad I didn't permanently damage it lol.

9 months later
#126 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here is my new Pacman clock
i soldered the smd DS1307 RTC + Quartz on it
the battery is mall then a CR2032, but there is enough space inside the case
working great

Thinking about trying this again which way does the little chip go in? The dot goes on the top or bottom? Can't tell from the picture

And does the Quartz go in any special way or does it matter?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pac-man-premium-led-desk-clock?tu=phillymadison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.