DSC00887.jpg
DSC00882.jpg
DSC00888.jpg
10-17-2015_12-37-45_AM.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg
IMG_2941.jpg
91FxNg9aGAL._SL1500_.jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

This may not be pinball related, but since Raw Thrills is a HUGE IFPA sponsor we wanted to pass along a new retail product that Raw Thrills is bringing to market.

The PAC-MAN Premium LED Desk Clock features 512 Vibrant LED’s that display classic animations from the hit arcade game. It is officially licensed by Namco.

Check out the details and purchase through the Raw Thrills Amazon store HERE:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0161ZWIIO

A video of the clock in action is available HERE:

91FxNg9aGAL._SL1500_.jpg91FxNg9aGAL._SL1500_.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Ha, that's awesome, like the RUNDMD but with color and more compact. How many different animations does it do?

#3 8 years ago

Not sure why we didn't show the full animation on the video, but following the ghosts chasing Pac-Man you'll see the blue ghosts running across the screen the other way with Pac-Man chasing them.

It was something our engineering department whipped up as a gift to Namco as a thank you for the business we've worked on together. They came back to us with "This is so cool we should sell it!" . . . and here we are

#4 8 years ago

Well it's pretty dang cool, so I ordered one.

#5 8 years ago

I'm in for one too

#6 8 years ago

That is pretty cool. Can you hang it on a wall? Does it run off batteries?

#7 8 years ago

Whoa, crazy. Someone's already try to make a buck off of this, selling it for $399.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B011W0AZ2Y/ref=dp_olp_0

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That is pretty cool. Can you hang it on a wall? Does it run off batteries?

It doesn't run off of batteries, and unfortunately the case it's molded into is meant to sit on a desk/shelf.

(Picture of the plastic housing attached)

IMG_2941.JPGIMG_2941.JPG

#9 8 years ago

Can it be hung on the wall?

#10 8 years ago

I'm sure it CAN if you're creative enough to find a way to do it, but it wasn't designed to be hung on the wall.

You would probably have to take those top 2 screw holes and find a way to mount a bracket that extends beyond the feet at the bottom that it rests on.

Mine sits on my filing cabinet next to my desk

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Whoa, crazy. Someone's already try to make a buck off of this, selling it for $399.99.

Hey, I got a family to feed.

Would be kind of neat to see one of these de-cased and installed in the marquee of a MAME machine.

#12 8 years ago

This clock is awesome! Can it be dimmed? If not, it's probably not a great choice to have on my nightstand. It would look cool in my office, though.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

amazon.com link »

$1000 by Christmas

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This clock is awesome! Can it be dimmed? If not, it's probably not a great choice to have on my nightstand. It would look cool in my office, though.

Just checked with the engineers down the hall and unfortunately the answer is no.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Just checked with the engineers down the hall and unfortunately the answer is no.

Thanks for checking, Josh!

#16 8 years ago

For anyone international that's interested in purchasing, please send an email to "[email protected]".

Fulfilled by Amazon can't do it, but we can do it from here.

#17 8 years ago

All I know is Amazon told me mine has shipped, and I'll figure out WTF I'm gonna do with it after that.

#18 8 years ago

what are the dimensions on this? Thanks!

#19 8 years ago

Ordered!!!!! Wacka-wacka!!!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

what are the dimensions on this? Thanks!

Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 4.6 x 2.3 inches

#21 8 years ago

I just ordered one through amazon, looks neat! Can't wait for it to get here

Could you please post an additional video showing more animations?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I just ordered one through amazon, looks neat! Can't wait for it to get here
Could you please post an additional video showing more animations?

There are only two animations. There's a video for one and you can imagine the other.

#23 8 years ago

Here's a silly question: If I have this plugged into a remote controlled outlet with my neons, will the clock turn on with the correct time each time I flip it on, or would it need to be set each time?

#25 8 years ago

OOS

#26 8 years ago

What was the actual price?

#27 8 years ago

How much? No price because amazon is out

#28 8 years ago

No...there's one left...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B011W0AZ2Y/ref=dp_olp_0

I think it was $79.99 if I remember correctly.

#29 8 years ago

I didn't realize they would sell out so quickly. My fault I guess. Hope they make some more.

#30 8 years ago

Just talked to my boss and we ran into some weird Amazon issues. We couldn't update the listing without needing to create a *NEW* listing (which involves having to pull down the old listing) . . . pain in the ass.

Anyway, I've been told that the listing will be back up in 24 hours at the same URL.

Price is $79.99 each and we did just get a shipment in of 600 more here at Raw Thrills this afternoon. These are being sent out to various Amazon locations tomorrow so hopefully we'll be solid on stock for a while.

Selling arcade machines is hard . . . selling retail clocks on Amazon seems to be harder

#31 8 years ago

Cool, I'm glad more are coming in, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to get one. I love collecting clocks like this! Can't wait to add it to my desk.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It doesn't run off of batteries, and unfortunately the case it's molded into is meant to sit on a desk/shelf.
(Picture of the plastic housing attached)
IMG_2941.JPG

Hi Josh ... Danni has taken a shine to this. Is it 110v only though?

Cheers
Dave.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cheers
Dave.

I've been told it's fine for 110v to 230v no problem.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Here's a silly question: If I have this plugged into a remote controlled outlet with my neons, will the clock turn on with the correct time each time I flip it on, or would it need to be set each time?

I want, but need to know this

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dave,

If you want one, let me know, and I'll grab one for you and give it to you when I see you next week.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Dave,
If you want one, let me know, and I'll grab one for you and give it to you when I see you next week.

Top work!

rd

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd say if there is no battery backup then no that won't work.

#38 8 years ago

Production version of the clock does not include a battery backup, however we have a few left in stock from our prototype run here at Raw Thrills that does have it included.

Email "[email protected]" if you're interested in one of those. Supply is severely limited on the proto ones.

#39 8 years ago

Would be cool if pac-man ate the dots that make up the time and then they reappear after the ghosts fly by. Make it so.

#40 8 years ago

For a more immersive experience you can always just purchase our Pac-Man Chomp Mania game

(The topper we created for this game inspired us to create a smaller version that ended up becoming the clock)

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Production version of the clock does not include a battery backup, however we have a few left in stock from our prototype run here at Raw Thrills that does have it included.
Email "[email protected]" if you're interested in one of those. Supply is severely limited on the proto ones.

Do those "protos" have the earlier artwork and red board set?

Brad

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Do those "protos" have the earlier artwork and red board set?

Only clock serial numbers 1 through 10

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

For a more immersive experience you can always just purchase our Pac-Man Chomp Mania game.

That looks fun as hell!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That looks fun as hell!

Oh how I wish our Chuck E. Cheese would get one of these........

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

For a more immersive experience you can always just purchase our Pac-Man Chomp Mania game
» YouTube video
(The topper we created for this game inspired us to create a smaller version that ended up becoming the clock)

OMG I want that. Does the game play like a legit Pac-Man game with good ghost AI?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does the game play like a legit Pac-Man game with good ghost AI?

I'll go with our ghost AI gets a little bit harder if our game is paying out too many tickets

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'll go with our ghost AI gets a little bit harder if our game is paying out too many tickets

Is it suitable for home use though? Just to have a badass modern Pac-Man game in the gameroom?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Hey, I got a family to feed.
Would be kind of neat to see one of these de-cased and installed in the marquee of a MAME machine.

Or de-cased and shown to their teacher as their own invention.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it suitable for home use though? Just to have a badass modern Pac-Man game in the gameroom?

No, it would get super lame in a home environment.

We do however have a Pac-Man game in development with the home user in mind, and it will be the most badass Pac-Man game ever made. I can't go more than a couple of hours here without heading downstairs to play it myself every day.

Spring 2016 if I had to guess, which in manufacturer speak on Pinside really means Fall 2022

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We do however have a Pac-Man game in development with the home user in mind, and it will be the most badass Pac-Man game ever made. I can't go more than a couple of hours here without heading downstairs to play it myself every day.

!!!!

Do yous guys do tours?

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pac-man-premium-led-desk-clock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.