(Topic ID: 233649)

Pac-Man Pixel Bash

By Greenandwhite

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

717F9C11-136B-4698-95A8-FA4A9D8B50B2 (resized).jpeg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    D758D2A9-6774-4382-B2CD-032D97790588 (resized).jpeg
    PixPac (2) (resized).jpeg
    PixPac (1) (resized).jpeg
    PixPac (3) (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I have been looking to add a video game to the room and like the idea of multiple options in one cabinet without an overwhelming catalog.

Pixel Bash was recently released, anybody have experience with these? I hear some complain about the joystick .

Would you put this in your collection if you were in the market for an arcade classic?

#2 5 years ago

3.000$ for an arcade cabinet with a tiny 19'' screen is rather pricy. There are ways to do the same for a third of the price, with a real CRT screen, top notch joysticks and put more classic games in it. It doesn't take much work or skills to customize your list of games the exact way you want, so why not add a few games from the golden age on top of it.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I have been looking to add a video game to the room and like the idea of multiple options in one cabinet without an overwhelming catalog.
    Pixel Bash was recently released, anybody have experience with these? I hear some complain about the joystick .
    Would you put this in your collection if you were in the market for an arcade classic?

It’s not a classic. It’s an emulator with an LCD. Get a real arcade game with a CRT if you wanna relive your youth with a classic game.

#4 5 years ago

I'd wait for them to hit the secondhand market because no way will they retain their $3k price tag. I'd expect it to settle in the $1500 range eventually. Though it does have a built in mini-fridge which is about as cool as it gets. That's gotta be at least $100-$200 of coolness.

Also, there is a limited edition Red Bull partnership with these. That is actually one that I would want, I'm hoping that we start seeing some secondhand later this year after the promotion ends. I will definitely bite on one of these if it is semi local in a price I'm willing to pay.

http://8-bitcentral.com/images/blog/2018/redBullPacman.jpg

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I have wanted to get a mini-fridge in the pinball room for a long time.

When I saw this was released I purchased one from Greg at PinballPro (https://pinballpro.net/product-category/arcade-games/). I absolutely love it

The game list is good, but would have liked to see Dragon Saber, Blast Off and Phelios.

Yes you can play the games on any emulator or get something cheaper, but this is a real deal nice quality cabinet. The joystick needed some adjusting and it's nice because if anything ever happens to the fridge it just slides out and you can put whatever you want inside. The machine and fridge are powered separately.

The machine is also Jamma so you can easily add a Rasberry pi or whatever you want.

The PCB is small, power supply is standard and everything is easy to get at and work with. The machine is also really small and great for a corner where you can't fit a pin, but can fit a mini arcade.

I hated the Marquee and had one printed that was just pac-man that matches the machine better.

I really like classic NAMCO games so this is perfect for my set-up and have been enjoying it.
    PixPac (1) (resized).jpegPixPac (1) (resized).jpegPixPac (2) (resized).jpegPixPac (2) (resized).jpegPixPac (3) (resized).jpegPixPac (3) (resized).jpeg

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonebone:

I'd wait for them to hit the secondhand market because no way will they retain their $3k price tag. I'd expect it to settle in the $1500 range eventually. Though it does have a built in mini-fridge which is about as cool as it gets. That's gotta be at least $100-$200 of coolness.
    Also, there is a limited edition Red Bull partnership with these. That is actually one that I would want, I'm hoping that we start seeing some secondhand later this year after the promotion ends. I will definitely bite on one of these if it is semi local in a price I'm willing to pay.
    http://8-bitcentral.com/images/blog/2018/redBullPacman.jpg

I played that Red Bull at Walmart, it's fun but they have altered the game, added a red bull can that gets Pacman to shoot lasers at the ghosts ! Fun but too easy !

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I played that Red Bull at Walmart, it's fun but they have altered the game, added a red bull can that gets Pacman to shoot lasers at the ghosts ! Fun but too easy !

Yes, Namco made a special PCB that is only in these display machines. It's a special version of red-bull pac with 5 stages.

There are not many of the red-bull variants as I think they are only used for promo. Also I was told that there was not going to be many of these made with the fridge style cab. I own #35 and I don't see them doing many more, maybe a couple hundred.

#8 5 years ago

Horizontal games on a vertical monitor.....tisk tisk....

#9 5 years ago

If anyone has a Red Bull fridge they want to move....PM me, please!

#10 5 years ago

I was excited when I saw these and quickly became underwhelmed actually playing these. As others have said. I love the cabinet but the implementation and artwork is just garbage / junk. Half a$$ art and terrible controls. You can get a cabinet with an actual CRT using an arcade SD card is a much better option. I would buy a reunion cabinet either a cabby (19") or a full size (25") and add the board.

#11 5 years ago

I agree with others...crt is only way to go for the purists. Like these! I’ve been looking for the Class of ‘81 cabaret version to go with them...

D758D2A9-6774-4382-B2CD-032D97790588 (resized).jpegD758D2A9-6774-4382-B2CD-032D97790588 (resized).jpeg
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I agree with others...crt is only way to go for the purists. Like these! I’ve been looking for the Class of ‘81 cabaret version to go with them...
    [quoted image]

My gawd!!....That is a beautiful line up...Nice You need to add some Vector Cabbys

2 months later
    #13 5 years ago

Hello can some one help with this question if i have a factory Namco Bandai Pixel Bash circuit board and i want to put the board in an old school cabinet with an lcd monitor what will i need? The board apears to be jamma . Will i need just a jamma wiring and button kit and swithing or standard power supply? All help appreciated or any links or suggestions for a kit to hook the board up.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    6 months later
    #14 4 years ago

I was told by an owner that, "DIAGONAL DOES NOT WORK on games that need it". Did you guys just not pay attention and notice this? Or is he wrong. If Dragon Spirit does not allow diagonal 8-way joystick movement, you will die instantly. Game Over.

#15 4 years ago

Just added a Class of ‘81 to the Namco Cabaret lineup! Wooohooo! Still looking for a Red Bull Pac ...

717F9C11-136B-4698-95A8-FA4A9D8B50B2 (resized).jpeg717F9C11-136B-4698-95A8-FA4A9D8B50B2 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pac-man-pixel-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.