Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170126_180941911 (resized).jpg
PCC (resized).jpg
IMG_20170122_174654666 (resized).jpg
Pabst Can Crusher Out of Stock (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

Pabst Can Crusher sold out?! "Say it ain't so, Joe."

Pabst Can Crusher Out of Stock (resized).PNGPabst Can Crusher Out of Stock (resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

Well, there were a limited number after all. If you're serious about buying one, other distributors may still have them in stock.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, there were a limited number after all. If you're serious about buying one, other distributors may still have them in stock.

I thought only Pabst was selling them.

They probably shipped them back to Stern cause they were just gathering dust.

#4 7 years ago

I imagine a lot are on location. I live in Chicago and apparently the clever PBR marketing staff put them in a lot of dive bars all around town.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought only Pabst was selling them.

Huh. Forgot about that. You may be right...I'm not seeing anyone else in my area carrying it.

#6 7 years ago

So, they sold one? Good, time to move on from that game...

#7 7 years ago

UPDATE: I contacted the firm that handles Pabst's merchandise sales this AM and the rep was unaware of this item no longer being available or the game info link being broken. He asked me to send him screen shots of the broken link and cart info currently showing up (which I have now done) and said they would get back to me.

#8 7 years ago

Stern last week posted a video on FB of the production line, they had them going.

#9 7 years ago

PBR was just a way to use up the parts left over from WNBJM. Guessing they had enough for around 150 of them. I would be surprised if it does nto sell out. Seems many are willing to pay big bucks for limited Stern junk.

I would be interested at 4k or less but original prices is crazy and I woudl rather buy 10 real EMs then 1 PBR

#10 7 years ago

Played this table a lot at comic-Con this year. Fun table, really good for newbies and folks who want to relax with something that isn't lightning fast. I kinda hope I can pick up a used one at a lower price point in the future.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern last week posted a video on FB of the production line, they had them going.

Could have just been producing games already ordered too. Pabst's website states (or used to anyway) to expect a 6 - 10 week wait once you placed an order for one.

#12 7 years ago

I believe this will be a low production run and wouldn't be surprised if they had already sold out. When I ordered mine they had 36 on order and that was about six weeks ago. Mine arrived three weeks later. Stern is using WNBJM parts on this game, even the wiring harness has the WNBJM stamped on it. Pabst is teaming with local operators and bar owners to bring these games to locations utilizing product and PBR swag. Without these promotions, I think this game would be a lousy location piece. The art is great, callouts are good, yet repetitive, gameplay is okay. Some will like it, some will not. At the $6400 price tag plus tax, there are many games that come to mind that would be better buys.

Also, normal distribution was cut out of the loop for this one. So, if you do have problems all of that will have to be handled by Stern. Madden out of Wood Dale, Illinois handles Pabst's transactions for Can Crusher, I found Madden's customer service to be very poor in communication, follow up to requests, and delivery notification. YMMV

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

At the $6400 price tag plus tax

I was told some were able to get them for substaintially less but I had no such luck. Granted I dont have any relationships with PBR drinkers or distributors.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told some were able to get them for substaintially less but I had no such luck. Granted I dont have any relationships with PBR drinkers or distributors.

Yes, Pabst was providing some direct discounts to some, or even some product in kind. I am counting on the promised promotions to make up the difference for me.

#15 7 years ago

Not sold out

They're having a shipping issue and are temporarily not available. Check back in a week or two.

Info from customer service at PBR.

#16 7 years ago

If this was in the $4500 range, I'd have one by now.

#17 7 years ago

I really enjoyed it when I got to play one recently. Love the artwork and the redneck callouts are pretty funny. Plays just like WNBJM but has a much edgier feel to it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not sold out
They're having a shipping issue and are temporarily not available. Check back in a week or two.
Info from customer service at PBR.

Yes - per email response just received from Pabst customer service:

"The PBR Can Crusher Pinball Machines were removed from the site temporarily and should be back up soon. Please check the site again next week and it should be available again for ordering. Cheers!"

So .. the good news is that the Pabst Can Crusher game will still be available for purchase!

The bad news is that the upcoming Black Friday sale "on all Pabst online store merchandise" will apparently not include the game and the purchase price will remain $6,399.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Quoted from EarlGrey:

So, they sold one? Good, time to move on from that game...

The Pabst Can Crusher was on the production line at Stern this week and can be seen throughout the video below, which was just posted today by John's Arcade.

Check the following time markers: 39:47, 42:50, 44:50, 47:15

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I imagine a lot are on location. I live in Chicago and apparently the clever PBR marketing staff put them in a lot of dive bars all around town.

Which places? I know Logan has one.

#21 7 years ago

Damn I was working all my angles to get one for any discount or swag deals, and I do have connections, WA liquor board keeps a close eye and we cant get free stuff from distributors, but I figured 20% off or something, they did offer me a Pabst pinball sign, coming soon.... I will post pic once it gets here.

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

FYI it's back up on the PBR site.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

FYI it's back up on the PBR site.

Yeah - it was restored after Pabst's Thanksgiving Black Friday sale ended and then subsequently removed a second time last week as it was incorrectly charging for shipping in checkout.

You apparently now need to select the "free ground shipping" option rather than the "pinball shipping" option in order to avoid a shipping charge.

#24 7 years ago

It is hard to say how many games Pabst purchased for their own use for events in various cities. I was asked if I wanted to setup, operate, and service games at these events. I wasn't interested but others may have an interest.

As an operator, I will say I am not a fan of the cabinet style at all. There are no hinges for the backbox, so the head sits on two loose wooden boards that you place on the back of the cabinet, the head is held in by typical headbolts found in any early SS cabinet. The catch is that one of the bolts is behind the score reels, so you have to use a 9" extension with your ratchet to tighten that one down. I had to retap that bolt hole as it had something in the threads. I think a winged thumb screw would make more sense in this case. The head must be removed from the game to move the pin, so several plugs must be unplugged, a PCB board loosened and retightened. I just don't understand why Stern couldn't slap hinges on the game, and make it easier to break down and set up. I get that it might be a little unsteady with the head attached on its back. I would rather deal with that than the hassle of everything else. Also, there are no nylon glides on the back of the game, so when you set it up on end, the back of the lower cabinet is flush with the floor. Cheap construction and shortcuts don't belong on a $6400 game.

I already gave my feedback to Stern regarding this cabinet style as I don't want to see it pop up again.

#25 7 years ago

Brian does WNBJM have same problems ?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Brian does WNBJM have same problems ?

Yes, same design.

#27 7 years ago

Thanks.

#28 7 years ago

The Pabst Can Crusher game has become available through some (at least) Stern distributors at a better price than through Pabst's store. Quantities and future extent of availability unknown. Call around if interested.

1 month later
#29 7 years ago

Who else is visiting crusher canyon?

IMG_20170122_174654666 (resized).jpgIMG_20170122_174654666 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Who else is visiting crusher canyon?

"Van man is crushin' the cans!" in my gameroom too. Great game!

PCC (resized).jpgPCC (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

It's a load of fun. Been really enjoying it. It ordered this for a topper

https://www.amazon.com/Pabst-Ribbon-Night-Bedroom-Signs/dp/B00JHV7JJS/ref=pd_sbs_60_5

#32 7 years ago

I played WNBJM at the pinball hall of fame. I enjoyed it but I still think the price is just too high! Portland pinball scene would love this title. Hipsters delight

#33 7 years ago

IMG_20170126_180941911 (resized).jpgIMG_20170126_180941911 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

4,894 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-can-crusher-sold-out?hl=pigeonfarmboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.