(Topic ID: 162775)

Pabst Can Crusher pinball machine. Who's in?

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mosh_pit-slam_dancing (resized).jpg
In_dog_beers-PBR_(resized).jpg
pbr_-_can_crusher_-_playfield_(resized).jpg
pbr_can_crusher_-_game_(resized).JPG
o_(resized).jpg
GR3_(resized).JPG
pabst_girl_(resized).jpg
pyramid_scheme.jpg
Pabst_(resized).JPG
pic_(resized).JPG
living_in_a_van_down_by_the_river_(resized).jpg
4ac7a0b2ae6f2330e2145b83bf421f95ddc18ad6_(1)_(resized).jpg
aeMkS_(resized).jpg
thh_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

That looks shit hot, out of my price range though.

#52 7 years ago

Mini one in the bottom arch like WNBJM?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I'm willing to bet people will just say they have a PBR.

I have a Pinball Resource.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have a Pinball Resource.

And I like them both

Quoted from MrBally:

Mini one in the bottom arch like WNBJM?

It is just a re-skin of WNBJM. First thing I saw was everything on the backglass lined up 100%.

#55 7 years ago

WNBJM is a sweet game to play and look at, this is no exception and looks good too. The game play will surprise a lot of people and hope more of these will get out into the pub scene for people to EXPERIENCE.
Win/win.

#56 7 years ago

Looks cool. Dissapointed it's just a rework with the same playfield. Seems like they might just be trying to get rid of some WNBJM parts.

Stern is going to have a hard time putting together the sound package that Dennis and Greg put together. I imagine hillbilly call outs with rock music with cheap rights playing in the background. The plus side is this game should be a lot cheaper without a crate.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looks cool. Dissapointed it's just a rework with the same playfield. Seems like they might just be trying to get rid of some WNBJM parts.

Trying the Family Guy / Shrek thing again. Think about the savings for figuring out everything from a good shooting playfield to the wire harness.

#58 7 years ago

And truly a better pinball theme than either of those.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It'll probably be the same price as Whoa Nelly - $6K.

Yeah, but those were out the door at $5,000 right?

#60 7 years ago

PBR is nasty. A local bar here claims to be the #1 seller of PBR in the nation. Not a claim to fame I would broadcast.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

PBR is nasty. A local bar here claims to be the #1 seller of PBR in the nation. Not a claim to fame I would broadcast.

aeMkS_(resized).jpgaeMkS_(resized).jpg

#62 7 years ago

They paid him how many millions to drink that?

#63 7 years ago

STUPID!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I have never understood the recent craze over pbr...

I saw a large PBR display at *Whole Foods* the other day!

#65 7 years ago

Think this is pretty neat but at 6k no way, to many other games to get for that price.

#66 7 years ago

A new playfield layout would have gone a long way towards boosting the enthusiasm on this game. Maybe that's the wave of the future. From now on all rock themed pins will have the same layout as AC/DC. Just change the music and the old men on the artwork.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it's time to start redecorating the gameroom. I'm gonna hang one of these on my wall.

PBR's all night long under a Chicago suburban night in the Forest Preserve with whats her name and her sister, with your best buddy, PBR!! If it weren't for the Freakin' mosquitos, it would have been heaven revisited. PBR's , young girls, and thick Forest Preserve. Yeah baby...

#68 7 years ago

Since this is a retheme of Whoa Nellie I wonder what the price tag will be. Haven't seen any official press release so far. Whoa Nellie also had the bottom crate, which this version not may have. That could make a difference in the price tag.

#69 7 years ago

Yeah, this stand ought to be a lot cheaper than that custom wooden crate. Shrinkage might be an issue, tho...

4ac7a0b2ae6f2330e2145b83bf421f95ddc18ad6_(1)_(resized).jpg4ac7a0b2ae6f2330e2145b83bf421f95ddc18ad6_(1)_(resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago

If PBR came first instead of Nelly would more people have been "in" ?

We will never know. But would have been interesting.

#71 7 years ago

Dunno if this was said already but it's *definitely* a Dirty Donnie machine. That's Vangalf, his van on the backglass.

#72 7 years ago

Drinking ambient temperature PBR's, in his van, down by the river.....the DuPage River.

PBR's and "Old Style" are the only beers that come to mind that are agreeable and easily drinkable, no matter what temperature the beer is on a hot muggy Midwestern day.......Down By The River....In The Van....with PBR's...and.....

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Drinking ambient temperature PBR's, in his van, down by the river

Classic SNL.
living_in_a_van_down_by_the_river_(resized).jpgliving_in_a_van_down_by_the_river_(resized).jpg

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I saw a large PBR display at *Whole Foods* the other day!

Was it next to a beard wax display?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Was it next to a beard wax display?

For an eco-friendly, organic grocery store, some of the items they have been carrying lately have made me scratch my head!

#76 7 years ago

Yes that was the classic SNL. Of course the first couple years of SNL will never be bettered. Belushi, Ackroyd, Curtain, Chase Murphy Martin and Murray.....et al.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

a Dirty Donnie machine. That's Vangalf, his van

Dirty Donny and Vandalf are sad that you misspelled both their names.

Cool art, though! Would love to know what sounds were changed for this, also.

#78 7 years ago

Pretty sure Gryszzz purposely enjoys calling you ViolentSteve. Just sayin.

#79 7 years ago

I will take one

#80 7 years ago

PBR is simply a 'trendy' beer to drink for hipsters. They stand around with their cute beards and only drink PBR or a local craft IPA brew and talk about politics, and other things that make them sound intellectual. This pinball machine theme is simply trying to capitalize on these hipster locations, I get it - its business. I think they should put skinny jean material on the legs of the machine, and a beard as a topper.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Pretty sure Gryszzz purposely enjoys calling you ViolentSteve.

Pretty sure that's Gryszzz about 8 posts up in the checkered jacket and green tie!

#82 7 years ago

Machine will do well at select locations imho.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

They stand around with their cute beards and only drink PBR

Whoa! ......do you smoke cigars??

avatar_thingy_(resized).jpgavatar_thingy_(resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

PBR is simply a 'trendy' beer to drink for hipsters. They stand around with their cute beards and only drink PBR or a local craft IPA brew and talk about politics, and other things that make them sound intellectual. This pinball machine theme is simply trying to capitalize on these hipster locations, I get it - its business. I think they should put skinny jean material on the legs of the machine, and a beard as a topper.

Why are fat guys always complaining about skinny jeans?

Same reason I always call out bad toupees I guess.

The PBR "hipster comeback" has been in swing for at least 20 years. Sometimes people want to pay $2 for a beer at a bar and that's your option. I think you are reading a little too much into this.

This theme has the potential to appeal to many people beyond those horrible skinny "hipsters."

#85 7 years ago

From what it sounds like, these will be similar to the Domino's pins in that they will not be for sale but are being made for the company to use as promotional items.

#86 7 years ago

If I'm counting correctly, there's a total of 1 "I'm in" and odin with a strong interest. Doesn't look good. I'm sure it will sell enough to pay DD but will it be enough to warrant much time on the assembly line, could this then be the next super rare low run secret prize that nobody saw coming? ????????

Ready....set....speculate!

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

If I'm counting correctly, there's a total of 1 "I'm in" and odin with a strong interest. Doesn't look good. I'm sure it will sell enough to pay DD but will it be enough to warrant much time on the assembly line, could this then be the next super rare low run secret prize that nobody saw coming? ????????
Ready....set....speculate!

Everybody said that about Whoa Nellie but it found an audience. These games don't need to sell in big numbers to make money for Stern. I would guess they will do fine with this machine.

Don't underestimate the reach of the hobby/industry beyond Pinside. There's plenty of operators and home buyers who either don't post here, don't know about this place, or just don't care about it.

#88 7 years ago

Hope they change it and put an lcd in so everyone can stop their whining. Twist: it only plays a looping video of a pbr can being crushed

#89 7 years ago

We would take the motorcycles to Hogs & Heifers and that's all we'd drink is Pabst and shots!.....till 4am!

pic_(resized).JPGpic_(resized).JPG

#90 7 years ago

I can't justify the $6500 price tag for such a basic machine (assuming that's the price point due to woah nellie's cost) but I love the theme and the artwork.

#91 7 years ago

$6500 for a glorified EM with LED's and some cool artwork. Nope. Even on location, 6500 plays to break even? That would take years. You can buy a Ghostbusters Pro for that cash. Makes no sense.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

I can completely understand what you are saying San Diego. But I'm from and live in central Wisconsin. Here we have bars with signs all over that's are PBR. Back then bars that sold a volume of a certain beer got given signs but the beer companys. In my area they are a lot of PBR, I have seen a lot of Hams up north Wisconsin and linenys out west. I'm not a hipster and I drink PBR rather than that Light beer piss water.
Just saying because of your demographic or personal opinion you can't count it out. Plus because the up and coming hot rod vintage rock-a-billy scene is also drinking a lot of it. When a guy throws years of work and money in a car they aren't trendy hipsters.
FortyTwo
PBR me ASAP

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I can completely understand what you are saying San Diego. But I'm from and live in central Wisconsin. Here we have bars with signs all over that's are PBR. Back then bars that sold a volume of a certain beer got given signs but the beer companys. In my area they are a lot of PBR, I have seen a lot of Hams up north Wisconsin and linenys out west. I'm not a hipster and I drink PBR rather than that Light beer piss water.
Just saying because of your demographic or personal opinion you can't count it out. Plus because the up and coming hot rod vintage rock-a-billy scene is also drinking a lot of it. When a guy throws years of work and money in a car they aren't trendy hipsters.
FortyTwo
PBR me ASAP

Sounds like what they need in central Wisconsin are vending machines filled with PBR, not $6500 LED EM-style pinball machines with PBR cans drawn on it.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Sounds like what they need in central Wisconsin are vending machines filled with PBR, not $6500 LED EM-style pinball machines with PBR cans drawn on it.

So you don't want more pinball machines on location?

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So you don't want more pinball machines on location?

Location pinball is dead, mostly because no one can make money anymore. $6500 for this machine? 6500 plays to break even and make money.. That's a long time, and doubtful most locations will even break even at $1 a game, which is way too much for such a basic machine.

Other NIB machines are so expensive, operators won't ever make money.

It's a losing business, and the only people making money is Stern.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes people want to pay $2 for a beer at a bar and that's your option. I think you are reading a little too much into this.
This theme has the potential to appeal to many people beyond those horrible skinny "hipsters."

Damn straight. I've been accused of always having to buy the best, but sometimes I like to enjoy some of the cheaper things in life such as a draft PBR & shot of house bourbon while playing 50 cent games of Eight Ball Deluxe!

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Location pinball is dead, mostly because no one can make money anymore. $6500 for this machine? 6500 plays to break even and make money.. That's a long time, and doubtful most locations will even break even at $1 a game, which is way too much for such a basic machine.

Strange, 2 new locations are opening in this area with another large one on the way. Seems odd that they would be investing millions into something that is dead. Barcades are extremely hot right now and ones that are ran well do very good business. It's not something you see everywhere you go but most major cities have several options to play on location now. A few years ago there were no options. Seems like it is on the rise, not dead.

Has it been listed that this game is $6500 yet? If so I missed that. I haven't seen anything about price or if it is even going to be avialable for normal purchase like other games.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

But to make money they just need to take in money faster than the game loses value, they still have the game to sell.

#99 7 years ago

Would look pretty cool in my basement!
You can't just do the math that an op doesn't make money until it has been paid for in games played. The game isn't worth 0 once it's been routed, it only loses some of its value, as long as there is a market for pinball anyway.
If the list price ends up being 6500$, I have to agree I don't get the math BOM-wise though.

Pabst_(resized).JPGPabst_(resized).JPG

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from PerfectFlaw:

Location pinball is dead, mostly because no one can make money anymore. $6500 for this machine? 6500 plays to break even and make money

Well, probably not exactly that. If it's a good machine and well taken care of, they can have 4,000 plays and then sell the machine for $4k. They still may have to split the money….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,894 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-can-crusher-pinball-machine-whos-in/page/2?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.