hipster_(resized).jpg
Gacy_Free_Candy_Van_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
olde_002_(resized).JPG
olde_001_(resized).JPG
H_(resized).jpg
K_(resized).jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

Maybe they went out of their way to price it this way to avoid interfering too much with distributors' business?
I can't see them being too happy about being cut out of the loop so it may sweeten the deal a little bit?

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Are you sure that's not a 2 for 1 price? LOL

Maybe a 6-pack price??

~Steveo

#153 7 years ago

Price a bit steep. I'd be happy with a $64 PBR DD tranny to hang in my game room!

#154 7 years ago

Is it just me or does this guy look like the classic 80's/90's skinhead with a crap beard, recovering hair, and the red shoe laces removed from his Dr. Martins?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Price a bit steep. I'd be happy with a $64 PBR DD tranny to hang in my game room!

Sometimes a $64 DD tranny is a bit more than you left the house for.

#156 7 years ago

Pabst has a very off-beat marketing program, but it works for them. Here are some of the things that they've sponsored in recent years.

1] "Surviving Vangenerately" (Vangenerate = Van + Degenerate.) The "real" van life... people who live out of their van not because they want to, but because they have to.

Episode 1:

2] "Worst Job Ever" Contest

3] Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship

4] Bike Messenger Gatherings / Rodeos

5] Beard & Mustache Competitions

6] Fashion/Performance Shows:

7] Art Programs

8] Pond Hockey Tournaments

9] "Project Pabst" Music Festivals (Denver, Portland, Atlanta, and Philadelphia)

10] Introducing "The Pabst Can Crusher" (August 3, 2016)

Note the tagline of the video: "Coming to a bar near you..."

PBR_Hipster_Beerd_(resized).jpgPBR_Hipster_Beerd_(resized).jpg

#157 7 years ago

Is there a firm number on how many of these were made? Have they said it officially limited and no more will be run?

#158 7 years ago

"Surviving Vangenerately"="New Age Millenlial Land of the Lost"

Nobody "has to" live out of van forever, that is a choice that was even clearly stated in the video. Absolutely clueless.

We have plenty of these "wandering souls" here. The best decription is "rampant".

No goals, no plan, no motivation.
The worst part?
No future, and people that do work pay for this foolishness to provide their "free ride". Not much different than those that opt to live on welfare, because they are too lazy or unwilling, but capable of working nevertheless. That IS a choice.

At least the beard competitors show they want to do something with their life. I don't criticize what people want to do, as long as they do something productive.
Anything.
Living in a van, and skateboarding provides no societal benefit to anybody, including themselves.

Hell, I volunteer at the VA just because I can due to my second career flexibility, one day a week, because I continue to believe in the need to give back. I don't get any benefit personally, and do not want anything. People like this don't even know the meaning of this !#@$ing concept, and probably never will.

I applaud PBR's marketing strategies.

They are nearly perfect for my region, and will make lots of quarters from emptying pockets from useless people.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Surviving Vangenerately"="New Age Millenlial Land of the Lost"
Nobody "has to" live out of van forever, that is a choice that was clearly stated.
We have plenty of these "wandering souls" here.
No goals, no plan, no motivation.
At least the beard competitors show they want to do something with their life.
I applaud PBR's marketing strategies.
They are nearly perfect for my region.

Yeah, Mr. Swearingen's decision to live in a van for part of the year (Video 1) was obviously a lifestyle choice. I was just summarizing what the Yobeat.com video description actually said under the "Surviving Vangenerately" video.

I think their marketing strategy is perfect for their target market.

Surviving_Vangenerately_(resized).jpgSurviving_Vangenerately_(resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago

No deal for me,I'd like to route one in my bar accounts but not at that price,I thought maybe they would come out at 5k tops,6400 just is too steep!I just got my vault edition spidey for almost the same!

#161 7 years ago

Yeah for $6400 you have many more options out there then a glorified EM. I'd buy one for $4500 tops and that's pushing it. You can get some great condition B/W games for that price.

#162 7 years ago

$6400 great price! I'll take two!

#163 7 years ago

I keep waiting for the post in this thread indicating it is sold out.

Then a bunch of people will suddenly fall madly in love with something "they can't have" and the price will go through the roof. Like clockwork.

#164 7 years ago

Would you rather have this or the pizza game?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Would you rather have this or the pizza game?

This, without question. WNBJM is damn fun!

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I keep waiting for the post in this thread indicating it is sold out.
Then a bunch of people will suddenly fall madly in love with something "they can't have" and the price will go through the roof. Like clockwork.

So true, if they announced there would only be 100 or so ran ever they would possibly already be sold out. LOL

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So true, if they announced there would only be 100 or so ran ever they would possibly already be sold out. LOL

Of course, then Stern would think they left a lot of money on the table and come out with a PBRVE ....

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Of course, then Stern would think they left a lot of money on the table and come out with a PBRVE

Not likely since they made them for Pabst.

LTG : )

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Insane....Heck, I didn't even know Pabst was still in business. Who drinks that crap, anyhow?

I do, any problem with that?

Quoted from SLeRiC:

$6400? It isn't all that!

Now if you swapped the '6' and the '4'...

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from tacshose:

If they announced a production number, say 100, then these would already be gone

This place is an echo chamber sometimes. I don't like the price but I love the game even more with this art and I certainly hope they make more than 100 of 'em.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"We have plenty of these "wandering souls" here. The best decription is "rampant".

Even more so across the water from you in Portland!

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Even more so across the water from you in Portland!

For all intents and purposes the CA "sprawl" reached both sides of the Columbia River about 10 years ago. The region is one in the same in this respect. Spend an evening downtown in either city, and people watch, just go home before 10 PM. Nightcrawlers arrive and remain until first rays of sunlight.

#173 7 years ago

has the price reality fairy stepped in and lowered the price on these yet ?

#174 7 years ago

While I like the novelty of the retro style with modern tech in it, I'd rather just spend $300 for an original game from the 60's or whenever and then spend the time and money to restore it. To me, this looks like it should be a $2000 game. So does this come with a lifetime supply of PBR?

I'm guessing the "extra" price difference from Whoa Nelly goes to PBR.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

While I like the novelty of the retro style with modern tech in it, I'd rather just spend $300 for an original game from the 60's or whenever and then spend the time and money to restore it. To me, this looks like it should be a $2000 game. So does this come with a lifetime supply of PBR?

Yeah, it does look like it should be a $2000 game, but when people are frothing for anything pinball at the moment, they're just riding the wave.

Giving me more ideas now to buy a cheap EM and re-theme it to something similar.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'm guessing the "extra" price difference from Whoa Nelly goes to PBR.

I guess they figured they can either sell 47 tractor trailers full of PBR to make the $2k extra revenue, or a single pinball machine.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

He's saying that nobody on Pinside who drinks a $2 any kind of beer would ever have the money to squander $6400 for a pinball machine.
Get it now?

at guys who give a shit about what type of beer another person drinks. Drink what you like and I'll drink what I like. Does it matter what type of beer someone else enjoys? We drink PBR and can buy a $6400 pin all day long.

2 weeks later
#178 7 years ago

I dig it. I'm indifferent to PBR as a company and/or beer. Red Fang is one of my favorite bands and the artwork is really fun. I've not played it or Whoa Nellie so I want to find one of these at the Expo before I make my decision to buy.

#179 7 years ago

I predict these will become crazy collectible.

3 weeks later
#180 7 years ago

Yes, they become crazy collectible if the project fails and the only one that is made was the one at Comic-Con.
Is it a coincidence that all positive replies come from Illinois?

#181 7 years ago

Weren't some of the sports games made in team-specific versions? Where's the Coors and Yuengling versions of this?

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I predict these will become crazy collectible.

rare does not = collectible.

lots of rare but crappy games out there. this is a reskin of a medicore but still overpriced game. Stern needed to do something with the whoa nelly parts...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,894 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pabst-blue-pin-6400/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.