Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Surviving_Vangenerately_(resized).jpg
PBR_Hipster_Beerd_(resized).jpg
20160722_110507_(resized).jpg
Kramer_(resized).jpg
candy_(resized).jpg
hipster_(resized).jpg
Gacy_Free_Candy_Van_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
olde_002_(resized).JPG
olde_001_(resized).JPG
H_(resized).jpg
K_(resized).jpg

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

I paid 5100 for Whoa Nellie delivered, good luck selling these at $6400 ! Plus shipping ?

8k for a new MMR is a deal ! These prices are getting ridiculous,

#2 3 years ago

Is this the actual distributor pricing or just the MSRP?

#3 3 years ago

No distributor pricing, that's direct from Pabst with shipping included. Stern isn't selling these.

#4 3 years ago

That's going to be a hard no.

#5 3 years ago

#6 3 years ago

Those are gonna sit

And sit

And sit

#7 3 years ago

Golly what a rip. Guaranteed to see these go on clearance in a month. How many people would spend 6400 on that? Few...

#8 3 years ago

Wow.... u can get some very awesome pins for much cheaper

#9 3 years ago

No freaking way. Maybe half of that and that's still nuts.

#10 3 years ago

Price is nuts that basically a Stern premium

#11 3 years ago

Out of all the themes they could have chosen including the suggestions from various pinside threads, why Pabst?

#12 3 years ago

Yeah price is too high but the game does look awesome

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Out of all the themes they could have chosen including the suggestions from various pinside threads, why Pabst?

Cuz it's a advertising write off for the Pabst. If they take a loss well that's another write off. Win/win for them in either case.

#14 3 years ago

10k by x-mas...sorry had to do it.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

10k by x-mas...sorry had to do it.

1k by x-mas is more like it

#16 3 years ago

I'm in at $2500, hehe

#17 3 years ago

It wasn't chosen, Pabst came to them, they're probably paying stern to produce this machine.

#18 3 years ago

What's next Budweiser "America" (no longer American owned)

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cuz it's a advertising write off for the Pabst. If they take a loss well that's another write off. Win/win for them in either case.

So let me understand this. They essentially create advertisement in the form of a pinball machine and want everyone else to pay over $6k for it? Wow. In theory they should subsidize the cost of that pin with the tax deduction and offer it at a sizable discount to the public. That way the attractive lower price point will cause many to consider buying it. That will result in many more being seen in the wild which is the point of advertisement anyway. That's the only win/win I see here.

#20 3 years ago

So let me understand this. They essentially create advertisement in the form of a pinball machine and want everyone else to pay over $6k for it? Wow. In theory they should subsidize the cost of that pin with the tax deduction and offer it at a sizable discount to the public. That way the attractive lower price point will cause many to consider buying it. That will result in many more being seen in the wild which is the point of advertisement anyway. That's the only win/win I see here.

It is kind of weird but I bet Pabst will put some out at bars, otherwise it doesn't make much sense at all. And I'm sure Stern is only going to make these on an as needed basis.

#21 3 years ago

They essentially create advertisement in the form of a pinball machine and want everyone else to pay over $6k for it?

Yup.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's still cash flow out the door. It's only a write off if the corp has taxable income.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I paid 5100 for Whoa Nellie delivered, good luck selling these at $6400 ! Plus shipping ?
8k for a new MMR is a deal ! These prices are getting ridiculous,

They're drinking Pabst, but they're smoking crack.

#24 3 years ago

That's insanity.

#25 3 years ago

Low production numbers might make this one extra collectible. But the theme blows.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Low production numbers might make this one extra collectible. But the theme blows.

I was thinking the same thing, it might end up being the rarest of sterns, but that doesn't always equate to valuable

#27 3 years ago

I'd pay 7K if they would guarantee no ghosting.

#28 3 years ago

the layout doesn't even look that great.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It is kind of weird but I bet Pabst will put some out at bars, otherwise it doesn't make much sense at all. And I'm sure Stern is only going to make these on an as needed basis.

Pabst isn't in the routing biz, so I am not sure they will be putting pins out. I can speak for myself and I am guessing other barcade ops feel the same, but I am not spending 6400 to put that in my locations to advertise for them. I would at a much lower cost but 6400 is a ridiculous price.

#30 3 years ago

Here's my take on "behind the curtain" how these things really go down.

One exec likes pinball and decided this would be a cool idea to use at the Pabst museum, events, and to have hanging around the corporate office. That or someone at the ad agency likes pinball and did a similar pitch selling it as reinforcing their hippy and trendsetting brand. It's not meant to generate cash on the commercial resale of pinball machines, but more as a complimentary advertising/event item. Sure, they'll make it available to diehard Pabst fans to buy - but more of a one-off for Pabst use is my guess.

And when it's all over and done with, the exec has a game to bring home and be proud that he sold the concept in to his boss and got a free game.

#31 3 years ago

Are you sure that's not a 2 for 1 price? LOL

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

That or someone at the ad agency likes pinball and did a similar pitch selling it as reinforcing their hippy and trendsetting brand.

Pabst sounds like a beer that hipsters like (edited by Pinside staff) would drink.

#33 3 years ago

Hey Pabst! Are you fuckin' serious?

Sheez, for that price I expect to see this at the next PBR display at Whole Foods... at least then the price would make sense.

#34 3 years ago

Another $500 MRSP price increase in 6 months above WNBJM.
On track with the current Stern price testing model for 2016.
This is not exclusive decision of Pabst, if your understand the position of the industry.

Learn, understand, prepare.

#35 3 years ago

Ouch.

#36 3 years ago

$6400 By Christmas!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

#37 3 years ago

I wonder if Pabst will make a discount for bars who sell a lot of Pabst.

#38 3 years ago

This doesn't even have the solid wood cabinet that Whoa Nellie has. No reason this should be more / THIS expensive. But I guess the trend continues.. where will it stop? When the bubble bursts again and people just stop buying new? Hmm.

#39 3 years ago

As our old mate Teekee would say, "send money now!"

http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/products/pabst-can-crusher-pinball-machine

If Pabst is retailing them for $6400 (including freight) they're obviously making some margin on them.

It'd be interesting to see how many they had made. Maybe something real low like 100 units. Could be quite the collectable.

Personally I'd buy one. I think they're cool. But I'll wait till the $4500 close out.

rd

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They're drinking Pabst, but they're smoking crack.

That's hilarious, I honestly don't grasp the whole concept.If they were looking for a write off they hit the jackpot pot ! $1695.00 at xmas

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Pabst sounds like a beer that hipsters like Kaneda would drink.

I don't think even kaneda would drink pabst.. Too cheap for his taste even if it is the hipster go-to beer.

I agree with former post -- these were not made with intention of selling a bunch to collectors. For pabst company, and some might be to route them.. Perhaps a large discount to people agreeing to route them? I could see them giving away as prizes or to proven bars in certain towns

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I could see them giving away as prizes or to proven bars in certain towns

This.

Breweries do a lot of wholesale promotions with bars, especially the big chains.

You may well find they run something like "order X amount of Pabst over 6 months, and you get a free pinball machine" or something like that.

Or "order X amount of Pabst over 3 months and run Y promotion successfully and get the machine for $2000"

That sort of thing.

rd

#43 3 years ago

$6400 is about 13k cans of that piss, tough call...

#44 3 years ago

$6400 for an EM with LED's that will likely have ghosted inserts after a few dozen plays... where do I send my money?

#45 3 years ago

Insane. No way would I buy this. Besides, I'd rather have a WNBJM as far as artwork goes. Heck, I didn't even know Pabst was still in business. Who drinks that crap, anyhow?

#46 3 years ago

I like the look of it but could never pay close to that price.Switch around the 6 and 4 to 4600-delivered and we have something to consider.
Mike

#47 3 years ago

I would love to hear the call outs and music as these 2 things are AWESOME on WNBJM.

#48 3 years ago

Good grief, I can't get interested at all in these titles. Zzzzzz. There's no "Pabst Army" to exploit. Pinball followers won't bite very hard at that price. Promotion material only.

#49 3 years ago

The $6400 just puts a "value" on the "free" promotion. Like rotordave said, they give it free to the pub that sells heaps of Pabst and they can tell the owner, "you're getting a $6400 pinball machine for nothing because you're such a good customer". We do it with promotional caps/bags/t-shirts etc. If you don't put a price on it the customer doesn't see the value.

And if you somehow sell a couple at the asking price, that's a bonus.

#50 3 years ago

maybe for a 6 pack of machines, but no chance 1 is worth $6400 without a Trilogy dispenser mod. ( and some other brew attached to the tap)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 4.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside