Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Looking for advice on a good place or two to play. Bonus points for any good breweries along the way. I checked PinballMap but always looking for some local intel.

I'll have 36 hrs in Allentown, then passing through Stroudsburg and then a few days in the Hawley/Port Jervis area. PennSkate looks like my best bet, but I don't think they'll be open when I'm in A-Town.

Would love to make it to Rock Fantasy but I don't think it is in the cards this time.

Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Definately stop at the Fairgrounds Farmers Market for a meal. Anything but the cardboard pizza will be good. I recommend the pretzel wraps middle of the building in top level, pot roast across from the pizza place, and the bbq chicken on the lower level at the bottom of the ramp on the left.

Ivan1496 Any good location pinball in Allentown?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I recommend the pretzel wraps

Good call! I have heard excellent things. Thanks for the tip.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Good call! I have heard excellent things. Thanks for the tip.

Remember, Farmer's market only open Friday and Saturday!

#5 2 years ago

There are many great breweries in and around Allentown.

Hijinx Brewing
    Funk Brewing (Emmaus, PA)
    Weyerbacher (Easton, PA)
    Fegley's Brewworks (Allentown and Bethlehem, PA)
    Seven Sirens Brewery (Bethlehem, PA)
    Bru Daddys (Allentown, PA)

When are you going? If my basement is back in order you're welcome to stop by, but that may be a bit yet.

Chris

#6 2 years ago

Back to the Arcade in Allentown. When are you going to be there? They will be moving locations (still in Allentown) in November. Once they move, they will be adding 3 more pins. Currently have JP, GOTG, Munsters, South Park, old star wars, waterworld, and a couple other older ones. Owner told me they will be adding Zep, mando, and godzilla once they move

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Remember, Farmer's market only open Friday and Saturday!

Are they really only open Friday and Saturday, or is it that you’ve only been there on Fridays and Saturdays for Pinfest?

#8 2 years ago

Unfortunately everything you said is pretty much what's available. Penn Skate is the spot to hit in Allentown. There isn't anything in Stroudsburg as far as I know (and I'm a location pinball nut) and if you are in Hawley the closest spot is probably Rock Fantasy or Robot City games in Binghamton which is great if you are also into arcade games otherwise I'd pick Rock Fantasy. If you have your own car its worth the drive. Pre covid I was making the hour 40 minute drive to Rock Fantasy to play pretty much every other weekend.

#9 2 years ago

Not much going on in Stroudsburg.

#10 2 years ago

All very helpful. thank you!

to fill in some of the details...

I'll be arriving in Allentown early this Friday morning (22nd). I probably have a few hours free in the afternoon before a wedding. Then some free time Saturday morning. Then heading from Allentown to Hawley in the evening.

My timing is tight, so anything on the route is likely to get priority.

I'm in Hawley Sun - Tues, so a rock fantasy & equilibrium side trip may be in the cards

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Are they really only open Friday and Saturday, or is it that you’ve only been there on Fridays and Saturdays for Pinfest?

My bad, Thurs. also. Most farmers markets in Pa. only open on weekends unless it's a fulltime farm with their own store.
    I'm less than an hour from there and get up that way occasionally.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Back to the Arcade in Allentown. When are you going to be there? They will be moving locations (still in Allentown) in November. Once they move, they will be adding 3 more pins. Currently have JP, GOTG, Munsters, South Park, old star wars, waterworld, and a couple other older ones. Owner told me they will be adding Zep, mando, and godzilla once they move

Is this at Merchant's square? I got to check that spot out.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Is this at Merchant's square? I got to check that spot out.

It is. Owners are very friendly, great place. They are moving to the mall in November and will be open every day

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

It is. Owners are very friendly, great place. They are moving to the mall in November and will be open every day

Which mall?

#15 2 years ago

not sure. South mall, maybe? I forget the name. It's only like 5 mins from merchant square. Check their facebook for details

#16 2 years ago

Success!

Had an excellent stop at Back to the Arcade. Great spot - JP2, Munsters, Adams, Guardians, South Park, Tommy, Big Hurt, Star Wars Ep 1, Warterworld, a pitch & bat, and maybe one more. $10 entry.

Had a few beers at Bru Daddy as well.

Thanks for all the solid recommendations!

#17 2 years ago

And made it to Rock Fantasy and Equilibrium today.

Holy hell…Godzilla is amazing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pa-road-trip-allentown-gt-stroudsburg-gt-port-jervis?hl=darthpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.