(Topic ID: 249002)

P3s are on location at Dave & Buster's in Austin!

By gstellenberg

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9afo4dazi3041 (resized).jpg
69646166_10105443931339806_7849745344161120256_n (resized).jpg
481BAF66-4D1E-4262-940E-65FA798CB176.gif
Heads Up design sheet (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I've been there. It's just like any other Dave & Buster's. The P3 is set up with Heads Up on both machines. You can play solo or linked. It's a timed, two round game. It's not set up for redemption (I don't think any of their games are but I didn't look too hard).
Other than the P3 I thought the huge Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots was the coolest thing there. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=giant+rock+em+sock+em+robots&t=ffab&ia=videos

Quoted from Zitt:

Redemption is more of a ChunkyCheese thing... rather than an adult establishment like D&B is geared towards; so it kinda makes since that redemption isn't really a thing there.

The majority of D&B is redemption oriented. I used to go every week when I lived in Orlando. There's a chunk of games that aren't redemption, but the only ones that generate a regular wait-line are redemption.

#102 4 years ago

D&B is definitely a redemption game venue. It’s nice that they put all the “tickets” on the game cards these days. Better than all those out of control tickets falling out of mini-buckets everywhere.

#103 4 years ago

Congrats to your company. I wouldn't go as far to say its groundbreaking for pinball, I think you should have said its groundbreaking for your company.

Dave and Busters focus is redemption games pinball a real traditional pinball game doesn't fit that profile so because they're missing from Dave Busters I don't think is a big deal. Fact is Dave and Busters is starting to get their teeth kicked in by similar places that DO have pinball like Punch Bowl Social.

Punch Bowl Social outgrossed every single Dave and Busters when located in the same city, same as Top Golf, and the new bad boy https://andrettikarting.com/

Furthermore EVERY SINGLE NEW bowling center is the new Dave and Busters but only with mini golf, laser tag, escape rooms, bumper cars, and massive redemption arcades. The newest Dave and Busters just added string bowling NOT pinball. I don't think its groundbreaking for Dave and Busters a near dinosaur now having or not having pinball. What is good for pinball is Punch Bowl Social, Bowling Centers, and all the new retro arcades that are adding pinball.

I say good for you, as an American based company I hope you do awesome. I think your video based games probably fit the Dave and Busters profile and I hope you sell tons more to them... but pinball is doing just fine without Dave and Busters.

Quoted from gstellenberg:

This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball

#104 4 years ago

Yay!

#105 4 years ago

Well, I look forward to the day when I wander into my local D&B and see the P3 there.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I look forward to the day when I wander into my local D&B and see the P3 there.

I think you will be waiting a very long time.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We're super proud to announce that Dave & Buster’s in Austin is now showcasing P3 machines with Heads Up! (a new P3 game head-to-head gameplay) in its Austin, TX location. This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball and helps Multimorphic achieve its goal of bringing modern pinball experiences to gamers of all ages and interests.
See the full announcement and video here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/dave-busters-showcases-the-p3/

Please get out and play these machines (and/or go to your local D&B and ask that they get them). They've given pinball a chance again. Help show them they're making the right decision!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Looks great gerry... 135 tumbs up wow.
But who is buying from the135 thumbs up??????.

#108 4 years ago

This is really great news. Congrats Gerry!

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks great gerry... 135 tumbs up wow.
But who is buying from the135 thumbs up??????.

Not a lot. It’s encouraging for a great guy.
On the other end you have 40 TBL sold for crazy price in on day.
We may take some distance with the thumb up.

#110 4 years ago

Anyone know how much it costs to play a game on the p3 at Dave and Busters?

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

It depends. Are they running a special while you're there? Are you counting the activation fee for buying a new card and converting your universal US currency to limited usage Dave and Buster's credits?

IIRC it's 125 credits, whatever those are.

1 week later
#112 4 years ago

totally missed this and head about it on a older podcast and had to search

awesome work Gerry, and the lighting and art on the cabinet looks so nice

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

It is currently 6 credits. At full price you'd be looking at ~0.20 USD per credit, so $1.20 per player per game, so $2.40 for a 2-player game that consists of two 45-second rounds.

If you are paying full price for credits, though, you aren't trying. BOGO coupons are everywhere, so between using those or half-price Wednesdays you can easily get it to $0.10/credit. There are also Unlimited Play for a day cards that can be had for very cheap on Groupon. You really can get down to around $0.30/player/game without much trouble.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Congrats to your company. I wouldn't go as far to say its groundbreaking.. pinball is doing just fine without Dave and Busters.

Another hot garbage, twelve paragraph nonsense take from Mr. Frightener. I'll never call that guy "Dr.," no way in hell he ever sniffed a PhD.

Pinball IS doing just fine, and frankly, it spite of YOU.

And pinball can always grow, be better, and get bigger. This is a rad thing they did, nice work Multimorphic!

#115 4 years ago

We had a Monday league night on these machines this week. No WPPRs, no entry fee, just fun. Twelve players showed up and we had a great time battling for the sweet trophy that @yeoldpinplayer brought (and a cash prize) .

69646166_10105443931339806_7849745344161120256_n (resized).jpg69646166_10105443931339806_7849745344161120256_n (resized).jpg
#116 4 years ago

Cannon Lagoon has scoring. Using it in a tournament would be no different than any other pin.
Even Heads Up could be used, it also has scoring. One player games or head-to-head in a ladder or strikes type event.

Timed redemption games will not work in an tournament.

1 if does any of the auto adjusting to hit payout goals like other redemption games then it's not even an game of skill any more.
2 the IFPA does not like timed games

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

2 the IFPA does not like timed games

Interesting that you used the phrase, "does not like". What exactly does that mean in this context?

You could ask Josh if you need an answer from the president but I'm pretty sure timed games are fine. Probably at 1/3 TGP as a one-ball game would be graded.

#118 4 years ago

Interesting that you used the phrase, "does not like". What exactly does that mean in this context?
You could ask Josh if you need an answer from the president but I'm pretty sure timed games are fine. Probably at 1/3 TGP as a one-ball game would be graded.

I thing it in the TGP area.

But is time ends game grated the same as time as in safe cracker?

#119 4 years ago

People need to look up the definition of ground breaking. It is a fist step, not "earth shattering". It is usually guys in suits turning over some ceremonial dirt with golden shovels. It is a small step of a larger project which is exactly what this is.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

People need to look up the definition of ground breaking. It is a fist step, not "earth shattering". It is usually guys in suits turning over some ceremonial dirt with golden shovels. It is a small step of a larger project which is exactly what this is.

You sir, get it.

2 months later
#121 4 years ago

One of the things locations love about the P3 is the ability to periodically change the game to keep things fresh. After a few months of running Heads Up!, the P3s at D&B are now running Cannon Lagoon in redemption mode. So far we're really pleased with the earnings on both games, and we now know that both Heads Up! and Cannon Lagoon can out-earn [all] other pinball machines significantly in these types of environments.

If you're on the fence about putting a P3 on location, we can refer you to multiple operators to hear their experiences, and we can help you decide which P3 game(s) make the most sense for your location. Lexy is great for fans of traditional pinball, whereas games like Heads Up! and Cannon Lagoon appeal to a much wider audience. Of course we also have more games coming soon... both traditional and non-traditional.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com
9afo4dazi3041 (resized).jpg9afo4dazi3041 (resized).jpg

#122 4 years ago

LEDs around the side art? Please tell us more

#123 4 years ago

The LED show is pretty cool. I don't have any video of it... but when in game; they change to the color of the player on heads up and the push of a flipper button causes an animation that originates at the flipper button and moves outward along the side art.

I don't know if anyone grabbed a video of the game at Houston.

2 months later
#124 4 years ago

Well I should have checked this thread first.. I’m in San Antonio for a convention and hoped to check this out at D&B’s .. not in location here yet. Any updates on how the location play is going? I considered renting a car to go to Austin.. I may still try this tmrw, could be interesting actually— got a full day before I head back. But was sad to go to Dave and busters here and not see it.. I assumed it was here, being so close to Austin. Ah well

#125 4 years ago

Hi Mike,

The best P3-related reason to come to Austin would be to come by the Multimorphic factory (in Round Rock actually) and, if you're willing to sign an NDA, see some of the exciting new things we're working on!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#126 4 years ago

That was def one of the first things I was thinking about when I found out I was headed down here. Should have just planned it in.. I was expecting to want to see more of San Antonio originally. But I DO want to see Austin at some point.. won’t be this trip but when I make it there I’d love to come see the factory

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3s-are-on-location-at-dave-amp-buster-s/page/3?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.