(Topic ID: 249002)

P3s are on location at Dave & Buster's in Austin!

By gstellenberg

11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

481BAF66-4D1E-4262-940E-65FA798CB176.gif
Heads Up design sheet (resized).jpg

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I've been there. It's just like any other Dave & Buster's. The P3 is set up with Heads Up on both machines. You can play solo or linked. It's a timed, two round game. It's not set up for redemption (I don't think any of their games are but I didn't look too hard).
Other than the P3 I thought the huge Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots was the coolest thing there. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=giant+rock+em+sock+em+robots&t=ffab&ia=videos

Quoted from Zitt:

Redemption is more of a ChunkyCheese thing... rather than an adult establishment like D&B is geared towards; so it kinda makes since that redemption isn't really a thing there.

The majority of D&B is redemption oriented. I used to go every week when I lived in Orlando. There's a chunk of games that aren't redemption, but the only ones that generate a regular wait-line are redemption.

#102 6 days ago

D&B is definitely a redemption game venue. It’s nice that they put all the “tickets” on the game cards these days. Better than all those out of control tickets falling out of mini-buckets everywhere.

#103 3 days ago

Congrats to your company. I wouldn't go as far to say its groundbreaking for pinball, I think you should have said its groundbreaking for your company.

Dave and Busters focus is redemption games pinball a real traditional pinball game doesn't fit that profile so because they're missing from Dave Busters I don't think is a big deal. Fact is Dave and Busters is starting to get their teeth kicked in by similar places that DO have pinball like Punch Bowl Social.

Punch Bowl Social outgrossed every single Dave and Busters when located in the same city, same as Top Golf, and the new bad boy https://andrettikarting.com/

Furthermore EVERY SINGLE NEW bowling center is the new Dave and Busters but only with mini golf, laser tag, escape rooms, bumper cars, and massive redemption arcades. The newest Dave and Busters just added string bowling NOT pinball. I don't think its groundbreaking for Dave and Busters a near dinosaur now having or not having pinball. What is good for pinball is Punch Bowl Social, Bowling Centers, and all the new retro arcades that are adding pinball.

I say good for you, as an American based company I hope you do awesome. I think your video based games probably fit the Dave and Busters profile and I hope you sell tons more to them... but pinball is doing just fine without Dave and Busters.

Quoted from gstellenberg:

This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball

#104 3 days ago

Yay!

#105 3 days ago

Well, I look forward to the day when I wander into my local D&B and see the P3 there.

#106 3 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I look forward to the day when I wander into my local D&B and see the P3 there.

I think you will be waiting a very long time.

#107 1 day ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We're super proud to announce that Dave & Buster’s in Austin is now showcasing P3 machines with Heads Up! (a new P3 game head-to-head gameplay) in its Austin, TX location. This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball and helps Multimorphic achieve its goal of bringing modern pinball experiences to gamers of all ages and interests.
See the full announcement and video here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/dave-busters-showcases-the-p3/

Please get out and play these machines (and/or go to your local D&B and ask that they get them). They've given pinball a chance again. Help show them they're making the right decision!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Looks great gerry... 135 tumbs up wow.
But who is buying from the135 thumbs up??????.

#108 1 day ago

This is really great news. Congrats Gerry!

#109 1 day ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks great gerry... 135 tumbs up wow.
But who is buying from the135 thumbs up??????.

Not a lot. It’s encouraging for a great guy.
On the other end you have 40 TBL sold for crazy price in on day.
We may take some distance with the thumb up.

#110 1 day ago

Anyone know how much it costs to play a game on the p3 at Dave and Busters?

#111 1 day ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Anyone know how much it costs to play a game on the p3 at Dave and Busters?

It depends. Are they running a special while you're there? Are you counting the activation fee for buying a new card and converting your universal US currency to limited usage Dave and Buster's credits?

IIRC it's 125 credits, whatever those are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 89.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 149.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside