(Topic ID: 249002)

P3s are on location at Dave & Buster's in Austin!

By gstellenberg

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9afo4dazi3041 (resized).jpg
69646166_10105443931339806_7849745344161120256_n (resized).jpg
481BAF66-4D1E-4262-940E-65FA798CB176.gif
Heads Up design sheet (resized).jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

We're super proud to announce that Dave & Buster’s in Austin is now showcasing P3 machines with Heads Up! (a new P3 game head-to-head gameplay) in its Austin, TX location. This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball and helps Multimorphic achieve its goal of bringing modern pinball experiences to gamers of all ages and interests.

See the full announcement and video here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/dave-busters-showcases-the-p3/

Please get out and play these machines (and/or go to your local D&B and ask that they get them). They've given pinball a chance again. Help show them they're making the right decision!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#2 4 years ago

Great News.

#3 4 years ago

I'm definitely looking to get a P3 sometime in the near future!

#4 4 years ago

Not only that but some impressive new light effects on the cabinet and new art!

#5 4 years ago

Wow, that is honestly really surprising given the history of D&B; great they are giving pinball a chance, and even better they are giving that chance to a "new kid on the block" with breakthrough technology.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We're super proud to announce that Dave & Buster’s is now featuring P3 machines in its Austin, TX location.

CONGRATS GERRY!!!!!!!!!!! This is some great news, and a major accomplishment.

#7 4 years ago

High Five! This is where I had envisioned them in my mind (FECs). Please make sure there is a local pinball tech on call for each location as most FECs don't have a real tech tech. Also a spare playfield or two per location.

#8 4 years ago

Unbelievable! Bravo

#10 4 years ago

Really great to hear this! Congrats!!!

#11 4 years ago

Right on!

#12 4 years ago

Many have tried and only you have succeeded! Well done! Can't wait until there are D&Bs in my area with your cool games!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We're super proud to announce that Dave & Buster’s is now featuring P3 machines in its Austin, TX location. This is a groundbreaking accomplishment that highlights a resurgence in the popularity of pinball and helps Multimorphic achieve its goal of bringing modern pinball experiences to gamers of all ages and interests.
See the full announcement and video here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/dave-busters-showcases-the-p3/

Please get out and play these machines (and/or go to your local D&B and ask that they get them). They've given pinball a chance again. Help show them they're making the right decision!
- Gerry

HOLY CRAP. This is incredible news - for those not aware, D&B have never been pinball-friendly and this is a major shift

#14 4 years ago

Hey Gerry
Nice accomplishment. Bravo Zulu.
Wally

#15 4 years ago

I hope they roll these out chain wide!

#16 4 years ago

Awesome news... congratulations

#17 4 years ago

Congratulations. That is a big accomplishment. First stop Austin, next stop Syracuse. One could only hope.

#18 4 years ago

Amazing! Nice work!

#19 4 years ago

This may be the first time I step foot in a D and B in 20 years

#20 4 years ago

Huge congrats to Gerry and the P3 team! This is truly a fantastic accomplishment guys! Hope to see more D&Bs follow suit!

#21 4 years ago

Congrats guys this is awesome.!

#22 4 years ago

Congratulations to Gerry and Multimorphic! Incredible news! I've contacted my local D&B to ask if they will be getting P3s to play, and certainly hope that they do. If I lived anywhere near Austin, I'd be heading there to swipe my card frequently.

#23 4 years ago

Is the side light show standard? Looks amazing!

#24 4 years ago

Thank you, everybody! We appreciate the support and can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully it's just the first of many big steps for pinball with the broader public. Please reach out to your local D&B to tell them how much you'd enjoy seeing pinball and P3s at all of their locations.

https://www.daveandbusters.com/contact

Quoted from jwilson:

Not only that but some impressive new light effects on the cabinet and new art!

Thanks, @jwilson! Eric Ridgeway did a fantastic job with the artwork.

- Gerry

Heads Up design sheet (resized).jpgHeads Up design sheet (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago

If any of you guys are in Austin in the next few months, be sure to drop by D&B and drop some credits on these things! And drop a comment card at your local D&B requesting pinball! It's time we showed these big FEC corporations that pinball can work in their locations again! Let's make this a resounding success! Congrats Gerry! Huge News!

#26 4 years ago

Anyone been to a chain called Round 1? (They seem to be a Japanese owned chain). Filled with mostly Japanese machines and lots of redemption type games. To my surprise they have many stern pros at their location. gstellenberg maybe you should reach out to Round 1 as well. All they can say is no. Closet location to me is Greensboro NC

#27 4 years ago

This is great news for P3....

But personally, there's no way I'd go play more than a game or two in support of them at the outrageous prices that D&B is likely asking. Any bets on the cost? I'm betting around 2.50 / play

#28 4 years ago

Congratulations I think this is huge.
This will be a big step forward to exposing a new demographic to pinball.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Anyone been to a chain called Round 1?

Last time I went to either Round 1 near me (Arlington TX and Grapevine TX) neither had any pinball machines at all. They do have a lot of very hard-to-find rhythm games they've imported though... and like D&B sadly the cost is usually not worth justifying to play them. R1 is easily one of the most expensive arcades in general I've ever personally been to. They have a niche, and they know it, and charge accordingly. =\

#30 4 years ago

Wow ! Putting pinballs at D&B is quite an achievment. Its also great for our hobby, one more step to resurrecting the golden age of Pinball !

#31 4 years ago

Great news! Congratulations!

#32 4 years ago

Gerry, I'm so happy for you guys. I know the work and dedication you have put into this concept. Let me know how it's going and I will make our regional Dave and Buster's ownership aware of what you're doing!

Best!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is great news for P3....
But personally, there's no way I'd go play more than a game or two in support of them at the outrageous prices that D&B is likely asking. Any bets on the cost? I'm betting around 2.50 / play

Looks like it's 5 chips for now, which by D&B logic is $1 +/-.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Last time I went to either Round 1 near me (Arlington TX and Grapevine TX) neither had any pinball machines at all. They do have a lot of very hard-to-find rhythm games they've imported though... and like D&B sadly the cost is usually not worth justifying to play them. R1 is easily one of the most expensive arcades in general I've ever personally been to. They have a niche, and they know it, and charge accordingly. =\

The P3s are blue swipes, which mean they are eligible for the play-all-day deals and half price Wednesdays.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Gerry, I'm so happy for you guys. I know the work and dedication you have put into this concept. Let me know how it's going and I will make our regional Dave and Buster's ownership aware of what you're doing!
Best!

Thanks Chris. The depths you go to to support each and every mfg is unparalleled. Thank you for believing in us and for offering your support.

- Gerry

#36 4 years ago

Also D&B currently has the make-a-wish star promotion going on. Where if you buy a $1 wish star and $10 in gameplay, they will give you $10 free.

https://www.daveandbusters.com/make-a-wish

Everyone wins.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Anyone been to a chain called Round 1? (They seem to be a Japanese owned chain). Filled with mostly Japanese machines and lots of redemption type games. To my surprise they have many stern pros at their location. gstellenberg maybe you should reach out to Round 1 as well. All they can say is no. Closet location to me is Greensboro NC

We have one in Louisville, and I was surprised myself to see they had Stern pro machines setup too, but they were timed ball (I didn't play, they just had a sign on them saying so), and yeah expensive like everything else there..which is why I didn't try them since there are Pros and Premiums around Louisville to play anyway

I really hope P3 catches on at D&B and some start popping up in the area!

#38 4 years ago

Great job Gerry. The cabinet looks amazing and the game looks like simple fun for people to learn the basics of playing.

#39 4 years ago

I just sent a letter to D&B corporate thanking them and encouraging that they expand the program nationwide. I figure every little bit helps.

This is huge news, not only for Gerry and Multimorphic, but for EVERYONE in pinball. Players and manufacturers. Hopefully they get plenty of coin drop, err swipes, to encourage its expansion. If I were anywhere near there, we would make a day of it.

Well done sir.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I just sent a letter to D&B corporate thanking them and encouraging that they expand the program nationwide. I figure every little bit helps.

Great idea. Thank you for your efforts, Jason!

- Gerry

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I hope they roll these out chain wide!

Maintenance of pins at Dave & Busters is historically abysmal. It's not a full pin, but P3 will fare no better if it's rolled out at them nationally.

#43 4 years ago

very cool indeed, but the typical audience in those places is far from what it is here!!! Hopefully they appreciate the pins and not just want weird ticket redemption games.

Should get Arcade Matt(YouTube) to do a vid on them!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

very cool indeed, but the typical audience in those places is far from what it is here!!!

Yeah that's like..the whole idea!!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The P3s are blue swipes, which mean they are eligible for the play-all-day deals and half price Wednesdays.

That's *AWESOME*.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There's a Groupon for two D&B all-day gaming passes for $25 (free play on blue swipe games only, but that evidently includes the pinballs in Austin). Groupon generally has 20% off coupons circulating on the internet, so can you get the price down to $20:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/dave-busters-austin-all-day-gaming-package

#47 4 years ago

Is Heads Up a new game? Or specific to D&B?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maintenance of pins at Dave & Busters is historically abysmal. It's not a full pin, but P3 will fare no better if it's rolled out at them nationally.

Yes, congrats, but I am worried about lack of maintenance. D&B doesn't seem like the place where they will keep up with maintenance. A broken game will turn off people. Best of luck.

We have a brand new D&B opening in our area soon, so I will check it out.

#49 4 years ago

Don't forget to post photos of P3 games at D&Bs that get them on google maps with reviews as those photos can get tons of views. Also tell management that its a prime reason for even visiting them.

#50 4 years ago

Great news! Very happy to see a Multimorphic thread on fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3s-are-on-location-at-dave-amp-buster-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.