Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P_20180719_144521 (resized).jpg
20180407_131207 (resized).jpg
20180407_125609 (resized).jpg
20180407_121048 (resized).jpg
15231204136302864826397512316252 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Something interesting showed up this morning...

15231204136302864826397512316252 (resized).jpg15231204136302864826397512316252 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Nice! Expecting mine hopefully sometime later this month. Nice to see a new thread!

#3 6 years ago

20180407_121048 (resized).jpg20180407_121048 (resized).jpg

20180407_125609 (resized).jpg20180407_125609 (resized).jpg

20180407_131207 (resized).jpg20180407_131207 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Overall a pretty smooth process. Box is well-designed and easy to remove. The machine is packaged very well, and comes with 2 boxes: one with legs and the other with balls/power cord/bolts/etc.

This machine is HEAVY. I have moved and set up a number of heavy machines, but this is the first one where I couldn't lift the back by myself to get the back legs on. I needed two additional helpers (!) to get it done. I think the biggest issues are that the back is very tall and the machine is back-heavy. Otherwise setup is pretty similar to other games.

#5 6 years ago

The sound is WAY better in home than at the shows I played this at. The bass really comes through and the soundtrack fits the game.

Kids are really enjoying it. I've got 4 kids (ages 8-14) and usually I'm lucky to get one interested enough to check out a machine when it comes into the basement. Today all 4 were downstairs for 2 solid hours playing against each other.

The modes are really creative and well-implemented, and the game has a lot of character. Really pleased with my purchase so far!

#6 6 years ago

Great to see another P3 thread, did you get Cannon Lagoon also?

#7 6 years ago

Niiice!! Ya beat me by about 2 weeks.. was going to do similar unboxing photos, mine ships Monday or Tuesday next week hopefully. Can’t wait! Thanks for sharing! Nice to see people getting their games and enjoying them

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Great to see another P3 thread, did you get Cannon Lagoon also?

Nope, went with CCR. So I'll have a little longer to wait before I do my first module swap.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Nope, went with CCR. So I'll have a little longer to wait before I do my first module swap.

You won't regret that. It's a very tough little game. Great for practicing making specific shots

#10 6 years ago

This machine is HEAVY. I have moved and set up a number of heavy machines, but this is the first one where I couldn't lift the back by myself to get the back legs on. I needed two additional helpers (!) to get it done.

Yep I couldn't lift it myself either - ended up calling my dad over to help lift it. Congratulations on your purchase - you won't be disappointed.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Yep I couldn't lift it myself either - ended up calling my dad over to help lift it.

It's pretty unbelievable the Multimorphic guys hauled several of these machines to multiple shows for years. They must have great health insurance.

#12 6 years ago

Congrats on the new game! P3 is a ton of fun!

#13 6 years ago

It's pretty unbelievable the Multimorphic guys hauled several of these machines to multiple shows for years. They must have great health insurance.

That one little guy is a freak of nature, throwing machines around like they don't weigh anything.

Congrats on the arrival! You'll have a blast with it. Also, it was packed with lots of care.

#14 6 years ago

Looks awesome. Congrats.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Yep I couldn't lift it myself either - ended up calling my dad over to help lift it. Congratulations on your purchase - you won't be disappointed.

Must be the 16 ball trough /eject mech in back and the whole scoop assembly.. puts a good amount of weight in back that normally would be up front/ distributes diffetently

#16 6 years ago

Looks very cool, thanks for sharing the unboxing pics.

#17 6 years ago

They had a little submarine dude who could bench press a Yugo moving those games. You think the Production P3 is heavy... you should see the pre-production prototype which was a steel frame. That guy was like 600lbs - IIRC.

Congrats . Mine is in this build; but I've asked them to delay my shipment toward end of their run so that I can prepare my Garage'Cade.

#18 6 years ago

Kids are really enjoying it. I've got 4 kids (ages 8-14) and usually I'm lucky to get one interested enough to check out a machine when it comes into the basement. Today all 4 were downstairs for 2 solid hours playing against each other.

When you get a chance have a look at creating profiles for you and your kids. It allows you to set different levels of difficulty for each person making it a lot more even when playing against each other.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

When you get a chance have a look at creating profiles for you and your kids. It allows you to set different levels of difficulty for each person making it a lot more even when playing against each other.

Good to know, I'll look into it. Thanks!

1 week later
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Niiice!! Ya beat me by about 2 weeks.. was going to do similar unboxing photos, mine ships Monday or Tuesday next week hopefully. Can’t wait! Thanks for sharing! Nice to see people getting their games and enjoying them

I'm guessing yours should be arriving soon - good luck and let us know when it arrives

#21 5 years ago

Very nice! Looking forward to more pics and stories about your experience.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

I'm guessing yours should be arriving soon - good luck and let us know when it arrives

Came on Friday been enjoying Lexy quite a bit. Rocs is pretty cool when you get up in level you start to lose flipper power on either flipper as the rocs hit them.

Love the sound package on Lexy and the sound system packs a punch. The risk/reward of locking more balls in the ship is great.

Can’t believe how heavy the whole Playfield is when you lift it to service position - it’s a beast! Feels pretty solid!

#23 5 years ago

Congratulations glad it arrived and you’ve had the weekend to play. Glad you’re enjoying it. I really enjoy Rocs too. Be great to hear your thoughts and impressions once you’ve had a bit of time to play around. Agree with you on build quality it’s definitely a beast - feels very solid (and heavy)

2 months later
#24 5 years ago

Took delivery of mine today.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/185#post-4500960

Lexy, LoadedLexy, Loaded

I just need to brave the 106 degree heat this weekend to re-arrange my arcade.
I have to swap my Star Trek Voyager gun game for the Lexy machine. I'm out of room.

#25 5 years ago

Congratulations Zitt

#26 5 years ago

Congratulations! Cool that you were able to get it in person

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-unboxing-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.