Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

We just sent out an email to all known current P3 owners announcing the release of software updates for the majority of apps on the P3.

As everybody knows, the P3 is a multi-game platform and therefore has update requirements and processes that more traditional pinball machines don't have. So updating software on the P3 is a bit different than on other machines. Machine owners can log onto our support site to read through the update processes, and they can log onto their account pages on the main site to see what packages are available for upgrades.

We also have a P3 Learning Series video that covers the basics of updating an application on the P3:

We improved pretty much everything, solved some major problems (like the LL-EE crash to launcher and dozens of other problems), and added tons of features to most of the games and to the system apps (Launcher, System Manager, and Diagnostics). Each package available for download has an associated release notes file. So please check them out to see what new features and fixes to expect.

Related to the updates to LL-EE, ship functionality has changed significantly. Besides adding self-calibration and much smoother operation, LL-EE now makes heavy use of the lower ship gate, allowing the ball to flow much faster through the ship. The only caveat to this change is that the ship has slightly tighter alignment requires for the lower gate to work properly. Machine owners can watch the following video to see how a misalignment can affect balls entering the ship and see how to adjust the alignment of the ship for proper operation. With a properly aligned ship, balls should NEVER get hung up in the ship. If you still see ball hangups in the entrance on your machine, please contact support@multimorphic.com for help tweaking the ship entrance. Since updating software on all of our in-house machines, we've seen exactly 0 ball jams, and that includes the LL-EE that was played constantly at the Houston Arcade Expo last weekend.

As always, we're here on pinside, monitoring emails, and available for phone chats to address any questions or issues. Also feel free to continue logging issues on our issue tracking system on the support site (https://www.multimorphic.com/support). While this set of updates was pretty large, we still have more features to add and more bugs to fix.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#2 1 year ago

I finished installing these updates a few hours ago... easy to do, took less than 20minutes to update all the games. I had no issues.

I look forward to getting more quality time with the updates... but Rocs, Barnyard, and LLEE updates worked without issues. I haven't even taken my Canon Lagoon PF module out of the box yet.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I haven't even taken my Canon Lagoon PF module out of the box yet.

What? C'mon man, get into it!

#4 1 year ago

I really like the fact there is a proper user account system now; login to your account and build / download latest software. Feels like I’m in the future...

The Lexy updates are great, can’t wait for the new games to come out!

9 months later
#5 9 months ago

Bumping because I installed new updates today including Grand Slam Rally … and the video didn't address the order:

"We recommend installing the new System Manager first (and then exiting and launching the newly installed System Manager to install the other packages) and the new Launcher last (because it will force a power cycle)." -- Gerry email dated 10/23/2018

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.50
$ 25.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside