Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Marc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ccr-start-761.jpg
    swampscene.jpg
    ll-gg-static.jpg
    P3_angled 3.JPG
    lit-bb.jpg
    full-machine.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gstellenberg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Our latest P3 prototype incorporates many of our plans for production. We've re-engineered the cabinet and the playfield to provide the traditional gameplay we all know and love while enabling a bunch of new features. We believe pinball manufacturers need to start addressing the needs of consumers, and we're trying to lead by example.

Read all about it here: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/p3/index6.html

... and come see it at Expo. The machine will be playable in our booth, and we're presenting a seminar on Friday at 9:15am.

Demo video of LCD usage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vbtx_marr1Q

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

full-machine.jpgfull-machine.jpg
    lit-bb.jpglit-bb.jpg
    P3_angled 3.JPGP3_angled 3.JPG
    ll-gg-static.jpgll-gg-static.jpg
    swampscene.jpgswampscene.jpg
    ccr-start-761.jpgccr-start-761.jpg

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Big thumbs up, Gerry!
    I was one of those guys who was critical, caught up in the little details, like showing that old wood cabinet. I understood you were doing a tech demo, but that plain wood cabinet was such an erection killer.
    Today you have exciting cabinets, backglass, game concepts are fleshed out more, and I see that Lexy's artwork has been reworked which had really mixed response on her unveiling.
    Totally jacked up to see what the expo feedback is.

Thanks, Frolic, I appreciate you saying this. The unfortunate reality is that it takes a while to build a pinball platform from the ground up, and we're not done yet. However, we're finally at the stage where it doesn't take much imagination to see where we're going.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Are the legs like Stern's "The pin", or are there plates that mount shorter legs underneath?

There are 3/8" thick metal plates welded to the top of each leg (2" square steel tubes) that screw into the playfield frame. These things are solid (overkill in fact).

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Looking great! Can't wait to see you guys at TPF this year.

Excellent. See you there! Be sure to introduce yourself to us.

- Gerry

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

So what exactly will be on demo at expo? how playable is the p3?

It will at least be flippable.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm not sure if I like the look yet, but at least it prevents cabinet damage (at least that with artwork on it).

Well, in the case of cab damage, you can fairly easily replace a full side panel. We've tried to make it fairly easy to service anything on the machine. Spending hours/days/weeks in the garage repairing cabinets and/or replacing decals should be a thing of the past.

- Gerry

1 week later
    #21 10 years ago

Ouch indeed... it's tough to read these reviews, especially on the road after an exhausting (but fantastic) weekend.

Our goal was to get to expo with playable but incomplete versions of both games, but clearly we didn't get there, and since we're now working in a more mature gaming environment (unity3d), we couldn't run our old demo software either (and I didn't want to come to expo again with the same old demo mini-games anyway).

Quoted from Cheeks:

... but what was shown at expo was a step back on all fronts.

This statement means we failed in our attempts to show off the strides we made on the platform infrastructure (engineering efforts that people building traditional style machines don't need to make). I am extremely proud of our new cabinet with inset side panels and easily changeable artwork, not to mention our re-engineered playfield system with easily removable assemblied, including the flippers, pf surface, lcd display, and upper pf modules.

Next steps are to address the remaining flipper issues, fix the legs (move them out to the cab edges), and attack software development in the new environment.

I try to be honest and accurate about delivery timeframes, and I try to summarize up to date development status in our monthly email updates. Please pm me if you want to be added to the list.

Please keep the feedback coming, even the constructive criticisms. We need to know all of your opinions to ensure the P3 lives up to all of our high expectations.

The P3 is my passion and my life right now, and I'm doing my best to build this paradigm-changing machine. Clearly we still have a lot of work to do, but with course corrections based on your feedback while we continue developing, we'll bring the vision to life.

As always, please feel free to contact me privately with any questions or concerns.

- Gerry

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gstellenberg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-more-details-revealed?tu=gstellenberg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.