Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Marc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ccr-start-761.jpg
    swampscene.jpg
    ll-gg-static.jpg
    P3_angled 3.JPG
    lit-bb.jpg
    full-machine.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

I just stumbled accross this thread and here are a few of my thoughts.

- I first saw this at the 2012 TPF and thought it was a neat gimmick but didn't even take the time to play it.

- Next time I saw it was at the 2012 HAAG show in Houston. I flipped it and Gerry asked me my thoughts. I said "you really want them?", he said yes. My first comment to him was that the flippers sucked, plain and simple. He obviously didn't appreciate my comment but I explained what my thoughts were and he took it in stride.

- Fast forward to Expo 2013. I walked up to the game, Gerry explained where the project was, what had been done, and the new cabinet. He asked me if I wanted to flip it and I said nah, I did last year. He of course insisted so I did. First thing I said was "you finally go the flippers right!". Were they perfect, no, but what an improvement. The game was very basic and just flipped the ball but man the difference in the flippers was incredible from the previous version I played.

- Saw Gerry again this past weekend at the 2013 HAAG show in Houston. The game was a little further along than it was at Expo. One of the things that stood out to me were some of the animations on the screen. One that I thought was really cool was when you flip the ball across the screen it makes a wake in the water, I couldn't get enough of that...very cool. Also, the "wooky" (as I like to refer to Nordman's bigfoot) reacted to ball hits very accurately was also neat to see.

The P3 project obviously has a ways to go but seeing the advancements from last year to this year has started to turn me into a fan.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-more-details-revealed?tu=Marc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.