PXL_20231006_160616811 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231006_122658464 (resized).jpg
drained-bsreveal (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Drained Update (resized).png
PXL_20230520_144500265 (resized).jpg
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3931 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RebelGuitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago

Have you streamed any gameplay?

5 months later
#183 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Ah! I thought I had posted the layout here previously!
[quoted image]
Pardon the bag that was holding some of my wiring supplies.
It's a symmetrical layout - there are six targets curved on either side with a target in front, two sets of three drop targets with two targets between, two launchers, and a central triangle with 2 slings and another six targets. The central shot is a gobble hole.
The layout is indeed very fun to play. The code continues to be polished as I wait on other assets. I've added three of the five shows I mentioned in the post above.
As far as gameplay, there are six separate sequences that have different effects, 15 different vampire opponents each with unique shots to hit (most randomized so that each game is different), hurry ups, combos, a few different spotting features, a knocker and bell integrated into gameplay. Some other, hidden features exist as well.
There are a few hundred callouts, 56-8 songs, around 70 unique sound effects and there will be 17 different voices/actors (I haven't hired the voice actors yet, but I usually try to get unique voices for each part).
Lots of light shows, lots of fun.
Since this layout is symmetrical, it is really well suited to Shoot n Scoot. Careful aiming means that you can move between the shot lanes in the game without having to hit the upper area.
Hopefully you all will enjoy it once it's approved and mfg begins. There's still a long road ahead.

I want one!

7 months later
#329 1 year ago

First two production modules shipped this morning!
Serials removed from photo digitally.
[quoted image]

25 days from announcement to shipping. That’s awesome!

1 week later
#347 1 year ago

Merry Christmas!

5B604548-DA53-4ACB-BDEB-DA9E00441526 (resized).jpeg5B604548-DA53-4ACB-BDEB-DA9E00441526 (resized).jpeg
#352 1 year ago

Happy New Year from For Amusement Only Games!
[quoted image]
More games are going out every week - this happy little bat is part of the plastic set being produced for another run of Drained games by Scott Danesi at Pinball Life.
It's been really exciting to see these games received and played. After shipping this week's shipments, I'll (of course) be working on assembling more!

Happy New Year! Drained has been kicking my butt. Its very addictive and fun! I keep jumping back to Buffalo's reveal stream and to This Week in Pinball writeup of all the rules to pick up some tips. I'll give a more proper review after I get more games in.

#354 1 year ago

Between shipping, assembling, and wiring more games this weekend, Molly and I started collaborating on speaker panel artwork. I believe we've settled on a direction that will mesh well with the existing artwork. Molly is starting work on rough sketches later this week.
We're still working to complete it by the end of the first quarter, and as a reminder, this will be an optional add-on, which will be purchasable separately. This speaker panel artwork is used on newer model P3s only (those with motorized walls/scoops).

That’s great news!

3 weeks later
#370 1 year ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/drained-pinball-deep-dive/
This article provides very in depth scoring and sequence information.

I printed these rules off and keep it close by when playing. So many ways to approach the battles. Sometimes I try to gather as much as I can pre-battle and sometimes I immediately start one and work on those sequences.
Interesting note in the manual about the game having a variety of settings which will execute certain special functions on certain days and times..
How do you check to make sure the P3s time and date are set correctly?

#374 1 year ago

The P3 doesn't have a global method to set the clock, though there may be one in the future (which is why those functions are off by default), but there is a way to set the time. I am happy to discuss via support (I'll email you).
Drained is currently the only application that makes use of date/time checks for game functionality.

Thanks for the email. I’ll report back.

1 week later
#381 1 year ago

Had to add a couple of my favorite vampires.

C879EF87-7AE9-457E-A670-E5047EA564D5 (resized).jpegC879EF87-7AE9-457E-A670-E5047EA564D5 (resized).jpeg
#385 1 year ago

If there was a leader board for most gobble hole drains in a single game, I believe I’d be on top.
Also, for the most Cape shots in a game.

But I keep hitting the start button for “one more game”.

1D32B09E-7C22-4841-B8E3-9CD9D66AB37B (resized).jpeg1D32B09E-7C22-4841-B8E3-9CD9D66AB37B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#415 1 year ago

Have you thought about making a mini game for it similar to the Lexy Showdown? Like firing out all the balls, lower drains are ball saves, gobble hole hits kill a vampire as well as removes a ball from play. Not sure if a speed run multiball like that would be fun or not. In my head it seems fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RebelGuitars.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-module-join-me-in-development?tu=RebelGuitars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.