drained-bsreveal (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Drained Update (resized).png
PXL_20230520_144500265 (resized).jpg
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3931 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3915 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 2 years ago

Well now we know the REAL reason you’re staying home in October! Best of luck

1 month later
#122 2 years ago

Nick, did you go back to an artist you've worked with before (Fiver?) , or is it someone new?

1 month later
#135 2 years ago

You could stream the rhythm game!

4 months later
#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I've always wondered why Major Manufacturers don't use Impersonators more often.
Does it violate some kind of copyright law to use an Impersonator instead of the real actor?
Think about this; why didn't Stern hire Impersonators for Avengers for example? Other than them being cheapskates; wouldn't it have been far better to have someone who sounds like Hulk (impersonates: Mark Ruffalo) instead of they little boy the pulled off the manufacturing line for a few hours?
I'm wondering "out loud" if they didn't do this because there is some kind of legal jeopardy that I'm not privy to. I'm about 80% sure they just didn't care/think about it. But wonders if there is more to the story.

Cost, most likely. Some actors, usually those who have super distinctive voices have “official” voice matches, and who cost more. For example, Rod Serling, Morgan Freeman. Many voice actors can do more than one voice, but Union rules restrict them from doing more than 3 on a single job.

Or Stern just didn’t bother tracking down the right folks.

3 months later
#216 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

More time passed, more progress:
1) Website complete.
2) Attract screen redrawn/replaced
3) Placeholder inserts redrawn
4) Tester feedback implemented (so far!).
The artist is now working on some of the assets related to one of the primary batches of animations.

When does the website go live?

1 week later
#221 1 year ago

Testing continues, I've continued to integrate feedback from the testers and continued to review my own work and attempt to improve and polish things to a mirror shine.
I have a list which grows shorter by the day.
Beta testing feedback has been very positive, which is really exciting (for me)!

Thank you! I look forward to hearing the reaction to the full reveal.

HUGE Gorey fan here. I can't wait to see this game. Nick, are you bringing this to York?

4 weeks later
#238 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I don't know if you've addressed it at some point, but since you are the first 3rd party module developer I'm curious if this will be sold through MM store or through you directly?

All P3 games are distributed through the MM store; they perform the game builds using a bot, and once your P3 machine is tagged to the game, it becomes available for you to download.

#240 1 year ago

A difference with full modules - the software is not built on demand or tied to specific hardware. Owning the module hardware is your 'key' to playing the game.

Aah! Good point. So this would apply to 'Drained'

1 month later
#257 1 year ago

NICE job Nick! Love the artwork in particular. Still retains that Edward Gorey look, awesome! Tell Molly she knocked it out of the park - Can't wait to see the reveal - I'm really curious about those "reverse launchers"

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from wise1919:

Order placed and deposit paid!!
Can't wait to get this for my demo machine!! I'll have it to play on my machine at our business in PA if anyone local wants to give it a try. I also plan to take it to any shows that I go to. Great job Nick!

I’ll be coming up to see this when you get it!

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I said so in the other thread about the game announcement, but just to repeat it here, the Edward Gorey inspired art is fantastic. I have very vivid memories of being a child and watching his intro to Mystery! A brilliant approach for a game.
I love all of it, but the big bat plastic might be my favorite part, it works so well.
[quoted image]

Word! Not to mention the covers of numerous John Bellairs books. I have the Gorey Games book somewhere around here…

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:We can either blame complex and ongoing first party-license negotiations with third-party developers or the truth, which is simply that the machine is pending our install of the most recent image. Come back on Monday.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

LOL

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Thanks to Nick for joining us last night and for everyone who tuned in to check out the game! We had a blast playing it and showing it off for everyone. Here's the stream archive on Twitch if you missed it live or just want to see Nick in his puffy shirt again: [quoted image]

LOL awesome! This looks like an old Bally promo from the 90s! Love it!

3 weeks later
#338 1 year ago

Nick, do you anticipate continuing to make this game for a while? I’m definitely in, but have to see what receipts look like between 2022 and 2023; if next week is really good I’ll be able to order sooner

#340 1 year ago

It is very hard to predict the future, but at the moment I plan to be making Drained for some time.

Let’s say 3-4 months; I don’t want to let this opportunity pass me by

1 month later
#383 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Had to add a couple of my favorite vampires.
[quoted image]

Ha! That is awesome! I gotta get a Nosferatu up there

2 weeks later
#389 1 year ago

Man I have to put in an order!

2 months later
#422 10 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

24 Feb 2022- Big day. Ordered Weird Al/P3. Nice letter telling me to expect at least a year wait. No big deal- I live in the states where I can still afford and enjoy this great hobby without fearing for my life. Daughter’s birthday. Russia invades Ukraine.
2022- All kinds of rumors of new pins coming out. Prices spiraling- up.
Late 2022- First heard about “Drained”- cool artwork, music, and theme. Single level with a gobble hole that ends your turn. Interesting…
2023- Lots of hype, TPF, New games are finally delivering- Bond, Bond 60, Foo Fighters, Scooby, Godfather, GTF. Final Resistance announced and shown. Pulp Fiction announced and shown. Harry Potter hype. Dang!!
Still waiting for my P3.
Last week- received word that my P3 is shipping- will arrive tomorrow with Weird Al. Still have to wait for Heist and FR. Letter from Gerry/MM detailing expected delivery times.
Yesterday- revisited Drained on the Internet. Single level challenging game with cool artwork and audio. Great name for a pinball machine that will live up to its name.
Today- Ordered Drain- received a nice note from Nick-“your game will ship this evening”. WTF?! I wanted to wait at least 3 months…
Will update as I receive my P3 and modules.
Cheers!

Have fun! There is A. LOT. going on with these modules - stuff will shift in shipping. Your game may not work right out of the box. Let Multimorphic know if you have issues, and certainly post here if you have questions. Sometimes (not often, actually!) you'll get an answer here quicker than Multimorphic will respond.

1 week later
#431 10 months ago

I'm pleased to announce the immediate availability of backlit speaker panels for your Drained Game Kit - these are usable for P3s manufactured from 2022-onwards!
These panels use a two-way mirror over the speaker cutouts - providing an eye-catching mirrored surface for you, your guests or patrons. If you have the optional Speaker Light Kit, the mirrored sections turn transparent when the light shows begin! It's a very neat effect and gives you something to enjoy no matter the options on your P3.
The entire panel is backlit and has multiple layers of ink fill to ensure the illustration and coloration pop!
Illustrated by Molly Baldridge, these panels provide a cohesive addition to your game, and are ready to be shipped to you for your P3 or for gameroom or location decor at https://foramusementonlygames.com/shop
[quoted image]

That looks absolutely FANTASTIC! You and Molly are really talented. If only I had a P3 not from 2020…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-module-join-me-in-development?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.