PXL_20231006_160616811 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231006_122658464 (resized).jpg
drained-bsreveal (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Drained Update (resized).png
PXL_20230520_144500265 (resized).jpg
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3931 (resized).jpeg
There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Great interview! Really looking forward to seeing this game

You and me both

#252 1 year ago

Thank you all for following along during development! With that...

I'm pleased to announce the release of the new game from For Amusement Only Games, and the first third-party game kit for Multimorphic's P3 Pinball Platform, Drained!

For more information or for ordering instructions, please visit https://drainedpinball.com

#253 1 year ago

Congrats!

#254 1 year ago

Congrats Nick! Reveal stream coming Monday, Nov. 28 over on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

1-drained-flyer-front.png1-drained-flyer-front.png2-drained-flyer-back.png2-drained-flyer-back.png

#255 1 year ago

Looking sweet, man! I love the bat plastic in the middle. I am also digging the tunes Excited to check out the livestream.

#256 1 year ago

Dang it. I'm still waiting on my P3 and now there are more modules?

#257 1 year ago

NICE job Nick! Love the artwork in particular. Still retains that Edward Gorey look, awesome! Tell Molly she knocked it out of the park - Can't wait to see the reveal - I'm really curious about those "reverse launchers"

#258 1 year ago

Looks awesome Nick!!

#259 1 year ago

i love the back of the pf with the eyes of the vampire. Looks great!

EDIT: OH hey, is there going to be a stream of this soon?! I'd looooove to watch.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

EDIT: OH hey, is there going to be a stream of this soon?! I'd looooove to watch.

I buried the announcement in flyers : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-module-join-me-in-development/page/6#post-7250863

#261 1 year ago

OHHH I had to read and not look at pretty pictures :-p

" Reveal stream coming Monday, Nov. 28 over on http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball "

#263 1 year ago

This is so awesome... instead of manufacturers that keep everything as closed up as they can, here the community is encouraged to participate in making the product better. And Drained shows off what talented people there are that are not employed by the few companies that make pinball machines.

Really incredible work, I am super excited for this reveal stream already. I wish I had my P3 but that will take another few months

Congrats to all the involved for getting this made!

#264 1 year ago

Order placed and deposit paid!!

Can't wait to get this for my demo machine!! I'll have it to play on my machine at our business in PA if anyone local wants to give it a try. I also plan to take it to any shows that I go to. Great job Nick!

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from wise1919:

Order placed and deposit paid!!
Can't wait to get this for my demo machine!! I'll have it to play on my machine at our business in PA if anyone local wants to give it a try. I also plan to take it to any shows that I go to. Great job Nick!

I’ll be coming up to see this when you get it!

#266 1 year ago

Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic.

#267 1 year ago

Very cool looking love the sounds.

#268 1 year ago

Thank you to all who took the time to view the trailer, comment, or place your orders.

Martin from Pinball News wrote a nice article with some high resolution photos and some rules detail:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/11/21/drained-launched/

#270 1 year ago

I've also just posted a short interview about the art process and art direction with the artist of Drained, Molly Baldridge! Molly and I are married, and it was so much fun to be able to work together with her to create the art for the game. I can't overstate how much work she did on the game, and I hope that everyone enjoys the small details in each illustration.

https://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-474-interview-with-molly-baldridge-artist-of-drained

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I've also just posted a short interview about the art process and art direction with the artist of Drained, Molly Baldridge! Molly and I are married, and it was so much fun to be able to work together with her to create the art for the game. I can't overstate how much work she did on the game, and I hope that everyone enjoys the small details in each illustration.
https://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-474-interview-with-molly-baldridge-artist-of-drained

I said so in the other thread about the game announcement, but just to repeat it here, the Edward Gorey inspired art is fantastic. I have very vivid memories of being a child and watching his intro to Mystery! A brilliant approach for a game.

I love all of it, but the big bat plastic might be my favorite part, it works so well.

tumblr_bf76e0ffa7d13ab26441372ab5d664e5_84001bc1_500.giftumblr_bf76e0ffa7d13ab26441372ab5d664e5_84001bc1_500.gif

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love all of it, but the big bat plastic might be my favorite part, it works so well.

Thank you so much! The friendly smile and open arms of the bat make me chuckle every time I handle one of those plastics. The expression is perfect!

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I said so in the other thread about the game announcement, but just to repeat it here, the Edward Gorey inspired art is fantastic. I have very vivid memories of being a child and watching his intro to Mystery! A brilliant approach for a game.
[quoted image]

Word! Not to mention the covers of numerous John Bellairs books. I have the Gorey Games book somewhere around here…

#274 1 year ago

I'm just gonna come out and say it. I think the big bat plastic might be my very favorite piece of pinball art ever made. There, I said it.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm just gonna come out and say it. I think the big bat plastic might be my very favorite piece of pinball art ever made. There, I said it.

That's a huge compliment, thank you so much! I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Molly.

For those that might not know my other pinball work, there's also an Easter Egg embedded in the artwork for that particular plastic.

#276 1 year ago

Wow! The integration of the artwork with the layout is spot on — the glowing eyes of the vampire and the outstretched arms.. really clever and impressive! Everything looks really outstanding. Love this music, and the artwork is so good! You’ve set the bar high for 3rd party module development — I hope it inspires others to give it a shot!

#277 1 year ago

looks awesome! that makes we want to have a P3!

#278 1 year ago

This is so awesome Nick. I am really happy to see this get released! I cannot wait to play it.
--Scott

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have very vivid memories of being a child and watching his intro to Mystery!
[quoted image]

Me too! I don't think I ever watched a second of the actual show, and hell, until now I couldn't even remember what it was called, but I'll never forget that intro. Such a cool art style

#280 1 year ago

Thank you all for your very kind words, your support, and your orders. I passed along your compliments to Molly last night and she was very pleased that so many people are enjoying what they've seen of her artwork so far. Thank you for making her day!

My friends Taylor and Tommy from This Flippin' Podcast interviewed me regarding Drained - we touch on the design, gameplay, artwork, and more!
https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Drained-e1r5jl3/a-a8tofcj

#281 1 year ago

I saw the module in person at Multimorphic today. Unfortunately, the code was showing as expired so I couldn't play it, but it looks really nice.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Unfortunately, the code was showing as expired so I couldn't play it, but it looks really nice.

Thank you! For those not in the know, test builds automatically expire once every 3 days.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

I saw the module in person at Multimorphic today. Unfortunately, the code was showing as expired so I couldn't play it, but it looks really nice.

We can either blame complex and ongoing first-party license negotiations with third-party developers or the truth, which is simply that the machine is pending our install of the most recent image. Come back on Monday.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:We can either blame complex and ongoing first party-license negotiations with third-party developers or the truth, which is simply that the machine is pending our install of the most recent image. Come back on Monday.
- Gerry

LOL

#286 1 year ago

Ordered on day one. Can't wait to get it!!!

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Ordered on day one. Can't wait to get it!!!

I also ordered mine! Excited to see this thing!
--Scott

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Come back on Monday.

I'm personally going to wait until we can go get a burger; shoot the sh1t; and then come play some Drained.

#289 1 year ago

I'm thankful for all the support of friends, customers, and suppliers this US Thanksgiving, including Kevin from Buffalo Pinball, who designed the flyer, and helped provide beta testing for the game.

Monday, Nov. 28th at 8PM Eastern for the Livestream reveal of Drained at twitch.tv/buffalopinball with Kevin!

I'll be speaking with Kevin at the beginning, and then I'll be in chat for the rest of the show, answering your questions.

There will also be a giveaway of a flyer, signed by myself and Molly, and a vinyl postcard featuring a medley of songs from the Drained soundtrack, playable on a standard record player.

Join us for fun, gameplay, the giveaway, and of course some surprises. See you there?

316935212_10228537393515783_4304120381606160332_n (resized).jpg316935212_10228537393515783_4304120381606160332_n (resized).jpg

#290 1 year ago

I’m in! Great to see a third party module for P3 hit the market. I’ve quietly been enjoying Nick’s threads since I found Pinside. Appreciate the window he’s offered into his process and happy to help support this big move by jumping in early.

Now it’s a race between Drained and Weird Al to arrive, and whichever shows up first, it seems I win. The P3 platform just keeps getting better. Woo!

#291 1 year ago

Looks like you created another great game. I just got my P3 two weeks ago and have spent 90% of the time playing Ranger in the Ruins.

5228C7F1-1FDB-4D56-8AEF-DB899029F224 (resized).jpeg5228C7F1-1FDB-4D56-8AEF-DB899029F224 (resized).jpeg
#292 1 year ago

Tomorrow!!!!!

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

Looks like you created another great game. I just got my P3 two weeks ago and have spent 90% of the time playing Ranger in the Ruins.

Thank you! I'm really glad that people enjoy the things that I make. Remember: the wizard mode becomes more difficult to achieve with each subsequent time you get there.

Quoted from SolarGarlic:

I’m in! Great to see a third party module for P3 hit the market. I’ve quietly been enjoying Nick’s threads since I found Pinside. Appreciate the window he’s offered into his process and happy to help support this big move by jumping in early.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and your purchase! I truly appreciate your support. I hope you love the game!

Tomorrow is today! A reminder that tonight, 11/28/22, at 8PM Eastern, I'll be joining Kevin at twitch.tv/buffalopinball for the reveal stream of Drained! I look forward to seeing you all in chat tonight.

#294 1 year ago

The stream was amazing - thank you Kevin!
And thank you all for checking out the game and for your kind words and questions throughout the chat. I hope you all enjoyed the reveal!

#295 1 year ago

Thanks to Nick for joining us last night and for everyone who tuned in to check out the game! We had a blast playing it and showing it off for everyone. Here's the stream archive on YouTube if you missed it live or just want to see Nick in his puffy shirt again:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Thanks to Nick for joining us last night and for everyone who tuned in to check out the game! We had a blast playing it and showing it off for everyone. Here's the stream archive on Twitch if you missed it live or just want to see Nick in his puffy shirt again: [quoted image]

LOL awesome! This looks like an old Bally promo from the 90s! Love it!

#297 1 year ago

Great stream. Very fun game with a unique layout, well thought out rules, beautiful artwork by Molly, and engaging music and SFX. Fantastic work, @bingopodcast!

Also, please tell me this game release costume trend doesn't need to continue. I really don't want to dress up as a smurf.

- Gerry

#298 1 year ago

What do you mean? That's a sample of my typical daily outfit (and thank you!).

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Great stream. Very fun game with a unique layout, well thought out rules, beautiful artwork by Molly, and engaging music and SFX. Fantastic work, bingopodcast!
Also, please tell me this game release costume trend doesn't need to continue. I really don't want to dress up as a smurf.
- Gerry

And that is how the rumour that the Smurfs was the next Multimorphic Module started.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And that is how the rumour that the Smurfs was the next Multimorphic Module started.

Just make sure it's based on "Smurfs: The Lost Village" and not the god awful "Smurf 2" movie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-module-join-me-in-development/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.