I fixed the spots blinking the appropriate lights and inserts on the game, and worked on my settings.
Now coils and the spotting features for side targets and lane completions can be enabled/disabled. This is pretty player unfriendly, but pretty common in games where spots are available. More to test, of course.
The only spotting feature you can't currently disable is related to the number of balls to play. If < 5, you get a certain number of spots when each ball is started.
Coils can also have their strength independently dialed in. I'm working on a bug related to the values set by default, but hope to have that squashed soon.
I don't know if I've mentioned how much I've been playing. Quite a lot - and I have a list of minor/medium changes to make for the next whitewood.
I was initially going to add full color GI to the game, but I've changed my mind. Instead, GI will be single color and tied to a driver (like the pop lamp). There will be one extra, so that won't require another PD-16 (there won't be many lamps tied to GI - probably five).
Currently I have score motor emulation (fancy word for a way to blink the pop bumper light when hit), that might also blink the GI. I can also blink the GI in neat ways during the start of a ball or the start of an adversary mode. If you look at my USPS shipping box plastics, you'll notice that there's no support in the extreme right or left. I am going to change that once bulbs are in place.
As far as other physical changes:
1) outside targets will be changed for narrow faces.
2) geometry of the front targets will be tightened up allowing (hopefully) for an outside post under the sling.
3) Posts will get T Nuts where possible - I've managed to knock out a couple that are holding down the cardboard as I'm using the wrong posts and short screws that don't extend through the playfield plywood. The P3's flippers are powerful. Ka-boom!
4) Second set of posts for plastic standoffs. Right now I am using one style of post because I didn't order any of the taller type.
5) Slight changes to the geometry of the outer semicircle of targets (adjusting angles).
6) Bigger changes to the placement of the launcher holes (they're not -quite- aligned, which currently leads to a handful of missed launches before you get a ball).
7) Changes to the inserts at the top of the playfield (in front of the two circular targets) - undecided how, exactly, these might change, but change they will. I want to stay away from backboard lamps.
8) Wire guides and nails for prevention of (worse) damage due to broken rubber.
9) Design of playfield plastics. Current design hanging over the edge of the target faces prevents some airballs, but I worry about chipping/breakage. Someone suggested shipping with plastic protectors. If it doesn't mess with the gameplay/appearance too badly, that might be the thing to do.
10) Removal of second PD-LED (I was able to squeeze the whole game on one, minus the GI).
So that leaves us with 3X SW-16, 1X PD-16, and 1X PD-LED.
Once I have the rules pretty much complete (we're getting there), I'll need to really amp up my search for an artist.
There's a LOT of stuff under the playfield. Removing that one PD-LED board will make more difference than it seems as far as repair-ability. There's a lot more that I should do in this regard as you can access everything, but moving the pop spoon back and forth is tricky, currently.
Big thanks to Multimorphic for holding my shipment until I finished changing my mind (I kept sending them messages asking for different stuff - saving me money in the end), then getting it to me in time for the weekend, that was perfect!!