Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RyanClaytor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P3-Kids.jpg
SST.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.54 PM.png

#1 5 years ago

Hi all,

We've received a lot of feedback about the modularity in the P3, and many have had questions about whether or not the upper playfield region is enough space to provide significantly different playing experience. While we believe it is, we've also discussed the ability to add swappable mechanical features anywhere over the entire playfield, and we've been promising conceptual images to illustrate this.

Here you go:

Game designers have more freedom than we can easily explain in short messages or videos. Suffice it to say, they can create just about any feature that exists in current pinball machines... they just have to think about it and engineer it a little differently.

Also note the game name change to Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth. She's still Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl, but in this 'episode', she's battling the evil agents of Area 53.1 to escape from Earth and return to her adventures in space.

It's time for pinball to evolve!

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#2 5 years ago

Pop bumpers. I saw them. Floating.

#3 5 years ago

Is there a predator swap in available?

Kidding. Looks cool.

#4 5 years ago

This is nuts! This ultimate modularity showcased here creates a new world of potential for designers on this platform. So cool.

(Also, I inadvertently posted a mirrored thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-multimorphic-video saying the same thing. Unfortunately, it looks like Gerry beat me to the punch by 3 minutes. Mods, is there any chance of deleting my thread so we don't have a duplicate?)

Later,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#5 5 years ago

Really cool - can you provide snapshots of the various playfield designs you presented in the video?

#7 5 years ago

Here's some stills of the various "concept" modules shown in the video. Note, as the text says, these are just concepts and don't necessarily reflect any forthcoming games or modules.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.17.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 3.18.31 PM.png

#8 5 years ago

On concept #4 I like that throw-back wacky double flipper configuration on the left, but then check out the *proposed* apron artwork that lets you know you can flip each left flipper individually! Ha-ha! That's awesome! What a great use of that multi-button design.

P.S. Thanks for those screen caps, Eric!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

On concept #4 I like that throw-back wacky double flipper configuration...

SST!

#10 5 years ago

This is awesome!!!!! Surely now people can see the possibilities. Pinball is evolving again....finally.

This video nails it!

#11 5 years ago

I have no idea what that means.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Surely now people can see the possibilities.

Seriously. For the longest time I thought the back third was the only modular part of the P3. This video does a nice job of exemplifying just how modular this platform can be.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Seriously. For the longest time I thought the back third was the only modular part of the P3. This video does a nice job of exemplifying just how modular this platform can be.

I agree.....played this last year at TPF. Very intrigued to see the finished product

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Starship Troopers 1997 had a "throw back flipper."

SST.jpg
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Hi all,
We've received a lot of feedback about the modularity in the P3, and many have had questions about whether or not the upper playfield region is enough space to provide significantly different playing experience. While we believe it is, we've also discussed the ability to add swappable mechanical features anywhere over the entire playfield, and we've been promising conceptual images to illustrate this.
Here you go: ยป YouTube video
Game designers have more freedom than we can easily explain in short messages or videos. Suffice it to say, they can create just about any feature that exists in current pinball machines... they just have to think about it and engineer it a little differently.
Also note the game name change to Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth. She's still Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl, but in this 'episode', she's battling the evil agents of Area 53.1 to escape from Earth and return to her adventures in space.
It's time for pinball to evolve!
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Strong video. Liked it.

#15 5 years ago

I'm stoked for this! Can't wait to see and play it.

#16 5 years ago

This video needs to be on a 50" screen in the P3 booth on repeat the entire TPF.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pop bumpers. I saw them. Floating.

That's pretty rad!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#18 5 years ago

This picture says it all to me. This was at the SXSW Gaming Expo, with tons of other neat new things to distract the kids.

P3-Kids.jpg

Seriously, I don't think I have seen kids crowd around a pinball machine like that since maybe when I was a kid, and even then, they were all absorbed with fighting games and ignored the pins.

Hopefully this video we made really clarifies how versatile the platform really is, but I think nothing illustrates how this is the future of pinball better than that picture.

-Stephen

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

This picture says it all to me. This was at the SXSW Gaming Expo, with tons of other neat new things to distract the kids.
P3-Kids.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Seriously, I don't think I have seen kids crowd around a pinball machine like that since maybe when I was a kid, and even then, they were all absorbed with fighting games and ignored the pins.
Hopefully this video we made really clarifies how versatile the platform really is, but I think nothing illustrates how this is the future of pinball better than that picture.
-Stephen

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

P3-Kids.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
-Stephen

Cool to see. What is it about this pin that set it apart from other pins so dramatically that the kids are/were drawn to it?

#21 5 years ago

cool time

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Cool to see. What is it about this pin that set it apart from other pins so dramatically that the kids are/were drawn to it?

My 7 year old loves it. I think it had to do with the action on the play field screen. The ball trails, the arrows to indicate targets, etc.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

The entire playfield is an interactive video screen. I'd put my money on that holding the interest of the kids. My favorite part is the flipper mechs. Very cool and different design.

#24 5 years ago

Really cool!

#25 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing and playing the whole package. I will be introducing my 5 year old to it for the first time and I am looking forward to seeing his reaction.

#26 5 years ago

Those floating pop bumpers have me thinking- with the ball(s) being tracked in that area, how hard would it be to "script" a very specific ball path out of something like a pop bumper or pulsed magnet array? It seems like firing timing could definitely be adjusted to affect direction and speed in a predictable fashion.

Mind blown.

#27 5 years ago

Theoretically, you could get some pretty cool "Phantom Flip" action going too, so the game could effectively play itself for a while assuming it made the shots accurately.

#28 5 years ago

"Well played Thing, you're really on the ball." An autonomous pinball machine would be pretty cool to watch...

#29 5 years ago

Not sure how important it would be for gameplay, but it would be a hell of a demo!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Theoretically, you could get some pretty cool "Phantom Flip" action going too, so the game could effectively play itself for a while assuming it made the shots accurately.

I'm sure there used to be a demo video of the game playing by itself but I can't find it.

#31 5 years ago

On a much earlier prototype:

Problem is, the table can't nudge itself!

#32 5 years ago

Thats it! (Another interesting old upper playfield layout too)

Yes, autonomous play, yet another feature of the P3 that has so much potential to enhance gameplay.

#33 5 years ago

Ah, I vaguely remember talking to Gerry about this but I don't think I had seen that video before. So cool! Maybe they can invent a programmable shake-weight into the bottom of the cab to add auto-nudging!

#34 5 years ago

An attract mode that flipped a ball around would be awesome.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Law:

On a much earlier prototype:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 4.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
$ 1,000.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside