IMG_2737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2734 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2726 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2723 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

IT IS HERE!!!

Once my game room remodel, life etc, limited my space to 5 maybe 6 machines. It was getting harder to decide on what 5 to have in the gameroom. I am pretty attached the the 5 at the time. Then my friend and podcast co-host SevenEightyRacer traded for a P3 with lexi, CCR and heist playfields. I finally was able to try one myself. I knew it seemed cool since I initially saw videos on YT with Gerry showing it off. But I also heard people say "it feels weird". I never was able to play one in person, so I never gave it much of a thought, until now. Once I played Seveneightyracer's Heist and Ranger in the Ruins, I was sold. CCR online was cool, but we didn't get a chance to play that online while I was there.

I will say, if anyone wants to know more, or is interested in buying one, YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT. Don't listen to people, go find one to play. Swap a playfield, use the menu, etc. Until you have your hands on one, you just won't fully get it. Watching all the steams you want, still doesn't do it justice.

So I wanted a P3.
I ended up selling my ac/dc Luci to start the P3 fund. Luci isn't all that family friendly, I enjoyed it but didn't have the fizz that some of the other games give. We (seveneightyracer) and I flipped a few arcade and projects. Took me about 6 weeks, but I shored up the rest of the game. MM hit me up mid July and said, hey lets ship you a p3!

Game shipped and in two days, fedex called. They didn't have a lift gate truck readily available, so I said I would pick it up asap; Why let this game sit in a warehouse?! I couldn't decide if I should have them load it in my truck bed, or put it in a trailer. For unloading we decided it was better with the trailer, so it was closer to the ground. Loaded up the utility trailer and was off to fedex. Game box was mint, so thumbs up for approval, they loaded it up and oddly it was a game with a box on top....
My wife kept asking if we should take the top box off and load it in the car....Finally I looked and thought, oh mind as well. Still wondering, didn't they put the heist PF in the game when they shipped it?

As we are strapping the game down, I was starring at the box in the hatch.....and it said Game: CL and that seemed odd. My wife finally spilled the beans that for our anniversary, she got me the Cannon lagoon playfield/game! She even told me how she worrked with Gerry and got the game loaded on the pallet.

We slid the game off the trailer, then cut the "truck this side" of the box and were able to just tip the game onto my pinball dolly. We were warned, many times, it was heavy but this wasn't bad. Got the game setup and we found some sweet surprises. The MM team had signed the inside of the coinbox area Nice to have that signature touch of the team! I think the best part was opening the CL box and finding a personally written and signed note from the MM team congratulating us on our anniversary and p3. This is the reason you go to MM for a game. The care and thoughtfulness is outstanding.

Once CL was in the game, we had some kid play time and then my daughter decided to pull a Nick baldridge and make her own game with the CL packing foam and whatever else she found, haha.

Scooped up barnyard and silver falls this evening. I'll get to play more tomorrow, but I'm sooo freaking pumped. The build quality of the game/cab is great. I really like the pf level that shows below the flippers. I tried to not read directions and see how easy it was to use being "blind" and so far so good they do leave instructions and links to online videos all over, so anyone that takes their time could easily be educated quickly at setup.

Ryan and I will probably deeper dive the acquisition on our next podcast so check that out soon if you want to know more! Otherwise it will be time to save up for more playfields/games, play p3 and start making my own game(s). Thank you MM!!

IMG_2723 (resized).jpegIMG_2723 (resized).jpegIMG_2724 (resized).pngIMG_2724 (resized).pngIMG_2725 (resized).jpegIMG_2725 (resized).jpegIMG_2726 (resized).jpegIMG_2726 (resized).jpegIMG_2734 (resized).jpegIMG_2734 (resized).jpegIMG_2737 (resized).jpegIMG_2737 (resized).jpegIMG_2740 (resized).jpegIMG_2740 (resized).jpegIMG_2741 (resized).jpegIMG_2741 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the P3 clan

#3 2 years ago

Congrats! Always awesome to see more of these in people’s homes, the swappable system is pretty sweet!

#4 2 years ago

Looks really cool, wish I could play one on location somewhere!

#5 2 years ago

Nice, love that cabinet artwork!

#6 2 years ago

Congratulations!

I was having trouble dialing in CCR for a while and decided to wax the game (including the big playfield area). Tremendous difference! Enjoy Heist, it is a phenomenal game

#7 2 years ago

Congratulations and happy anniversary! I hope you all enjoy Silver Falls (and continue to enjoy your P3)!

#8 2 years ago

Woot! Enjoy the machine and have a happy anniversary!

Let us know if you need anything @northvibe.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#9 2 years ago

So awesome! Looking forward to the next podcast to hear what you have to say now that you have one at home.

#10 2 years ago

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but I went through and lined up my scoops and walls yesterday. It was NOT hard. I swear, with how complex the machine is, almost everything is so simple to get to and adjust.

Still have to adjust my jail door, I think that is not going all the way up and if the ball is even the slightest above the playfield, it will brick. And Unfortunately that is my fault, as early in my P3 ownership I reset to default settings, and the jail has never been the same!

Anyway, this all started because I was initially concerned about airballs on Heist, and TJ recommended I ensure the scoops and walls are super level with the playfield. This made a huge difference with my flow, and wow is game feeling good.

#11 2 years ago

I’ve never played one. Hard to pull the trigger without playing wishing some locations would get one.

#12 2 years ago

Man I missed out on one at a good price recently, how are you liking it so far? Looks pretty cool.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I swear, with how complex the machine is, almost everything is so simple to get to and adjust.

I'm a big fan of machines with a high level of serviceability. The P3 is a machine where you can tell that everything is engineered with that goal in mind. Light years ahead of other games in that (and many other!) regard.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve never played one. Hard to pull the trigger without playing wishing some locations would get one.

There's a Heist on location in FL (might be all the way across the state from you, not sure, but it's in your state at least ).

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9710-cafe-one-ormond-beach-fl

#15 2 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the P3 family. One of our favorite pins (for the entire family)!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Aren’t there some Dave & Busters locations that have a P3? (Not sure where, might not be close enough). They are also at shows, which is probably the best place to check them out! I also have to say that I didn’t appreciate all the nuances until I actually had one IN the house. It’s just too easy to throw down some bucks to get a brand new mini-game and you’ve got a totally new experience almost immediately

#17 2 years ago

I heard these things are heavier then JJP
is that true !?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I heard these things are heavier then JJP
is that true !?

I heard it’s just under a hobbit.
I rolled mine in on a pinball dolly so didn’t seem all that heavy except pushing it over the door threshold.

I need an update!
So the ball was draining pretty easy, I moved the inland posts up and put the middle post in. Honestly, the middle post barely saves, except the few sdtm saves I get from some heist action. I was hoping moving the posts would just make it more family friendly too, as anyone would be able to keep the ball in play longer. Don’t get my wrong it still drains every where, but it feels a little safer

I’ve been playing p3 at night when I have time and very much enjoying it. One of my most favorite things is being able to go to the menu to pick a different game to play, without changing anything.

Also I’ve made profiles and have started to make save points in games to help progress through and for the heist make mini games like having X people in jail save so I can try to break them out in a inverse multiball.

Silver falls is just hard! I’m stuck in the game room but I’ve seen some suggestions on how to make big pinbucks so I’ll try that. The kitchen ending was a rough one! It’s nice to few though that the more I play the better I get at shots and timing.

C1D6BE98-83B6-4225-8670-30FD6BEDD9ED (resized).jpegC1D6BE98-83B6-4225-8670-30FD6BEDD9ED (resized).jpegC31BC4F5-8968-400B-9276-454DF533458E (resized).jpegC31BC4F5-8968-400B-9276-454DF533458E (resized).jpegEE308BF8-0971-4F9D-9945-BC5F55E2A8A3 (resized).jpegEE308BF8-0971-4F9D-9945-BC5F55E2A8A3 (resized).jpeg
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Silver falls is just hard! I’m stuck in the game room but I’ve seen some suggestions on how to make big pinbucks so I’ll try that.

Also keep in mind if you get really stuck that you can set up a profile with custom settings on the base playfield multiplier, number of shots to access the shop, etc.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Also keep in mind if you get really stuck that you can set up a profile with custom settings on the base playfield multiplier, number of shots to access the shop, etc.

I'll just pull the glass and block the drain

I just made progress in SF. Beat the game room and bathroom.. It is so neat how nick has done each room and the ending/complete. The bathroom was a fun one with some anxiety built in!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is so neat how nick has done each room and the ending/complete.

Thank you! The hurry up modes were primarily Sophia's idea for each room, she'll be happy that you are enjoying it!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you! The hurry up modes were primarily Sophia's idea for each room, she'll be happy that you are enjoying it!

the kitchen was hard! but fun that it counts down..Just like your 2x time, once the timer starts I play like crap. The kitchen and bathroom were a fun change of pace.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I heard it’s just under a hobbit.
So the ball was draining pretty easy, I moved the inland posts up and put the middle post in.

Some more info for people not familiar with the P3...

Besides software difficulty settings (which can optionally be changed per profile - so different players can play with different settings), there are 3 physical things than can be adjusted:

1) Center Post (the P3 ships without it installed - it's included in the 'goody bag')
2) Inlane/Outlane post placement. Using a higher hole makes drains less likely. Lower holes make them more likely
3) Side target / outlane swiveling post adjustment. This is more like the adjustment you'll find on other machines to adjust the outlane opening. You just loosen a nut and swing the position to open or close the outlane. It can be fully open or fully closed, whatever you presence. Fully closed is akin to bumper bowling (balls literally cannot go out the outlane). See Parnell's pics above.

And for the official record... setting up your machine in whatever way makes it enjoyable for you is NOT cheating! Make it play easy or hard... totally up to you.

- Gerry

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Some more info for people not familiar with the P3...
Besides software difficulty settings (which can optionally be changed per profile - so different players can play with different settings), there are 3 physical things than can be adjusted:
1) Center Post (the P3 ships without it installed)
2) Inlane/Outlane post placement. Using a higher hole makes drains less like. Lower holes make them more likely
3) Side target / outlane swiveling post adjustment. This is more like the adjustment you'll find on other machines to adjust the outlane opening. You just loosen a nut and swing the position to open or close the outlane. It can be fully open or fully closed, whatever you presence. Fully closed is akin to bumper bowling (balls literally cannot go out the outlane). See Parnell's pics above.
And for the official record... setting up your machine in whatever way makes it enjoyable for you is NOT cheating! Make it play easy or hard... totally up to you.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry!

YES!!! I was excited about the difficulty. So for my profile, I set default. For my wife and kids, I put easy. I would much rather have them enjoy playing. I think it is cool that it is per profile and not a system wide change.

I still need to try team play too!

This save state ability is a freaking game changer. I just step up, load my profile, restore my state and I'm playing where I saved from. While I like playing from the beginning like normal, I do want to experience a full game which usually I never get to as I'm not good at pinball. So this has me so excited as I'm actually working through SF and Heist! There are too many features and innovations that I forget to mention! I'll have to write them down for better documentation in this thread haha.

#25 2 years ago

It shocks me.P3 is t the hottest thing in pinball. So much innovation and space saving too! My only knock is they need to budget for a stern level artist.
I hope to own one some day!

#26 2 years ago

the center post does not save the ball much hahah, like every other game with one...it tricks you

I was able to save state in Silver Falls to the last Job mode and WOW that is a mode! Need to work more on it. But similarly to the heist you have a reverse multiball. Cradle'ing and knowing the shots is a must. The cross down loop is the hardest for me to hit, when I need to hit it.

#27 2 years ago

I went to start messing with unity and the p3 sdk today again, BUT I forgot I am on mac osx catalina 10.15 and the recommended unity for just ease of use w/ the sdk is 5.6.7. Mojave, 10.14 is the LAST osx version to be able to run 32 bit apps and that is what is needed for the older unity 5.6.6/5.6.7 stuff. Sad. While using the newest unity "should" work. I will be purposing a old computer as my unity dev box and I will remote to it from whatever pc I have to work on any unity stuff.

I did get the usb bluetooth dongle...just because. I don't have any plans on usb headphones.....But I just need it.....

Lately the p3 is the ONLY game I have turned on and played. It is new so yes I get that but being able to use save states to resume places really adds something. I was able to slowly get through silver falls. I've saved a few places in heist with multiple mcguffins and with most of the crew in jail! It is pretty fun to be able to just restore a save point in a deep game and continue....just feels good. I don't mind grinding but I do like being able to progress the story like I never have before. The heist however has so much flipping rules it is great. So for one of the first times in a few days, I started a plain game and had so much fun doing side jobs, got everyone hit with 1 ball so they were all ready, built up crane MB and police MB. Got someone. in jail then out. I mean there is SO Much to do without even like....beating it. I'm just a casual player and I like to flip but not know what I'm doing...and this this is good.... really diggin in.

#28 2 years ago

Very cool story. I would love to add a P3 sometime. I played one once at a bar in Nashville. I liked it. I just have a hard time biting the bullet on it! Maybe one day!

Enjoy!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Very cool story. I would love to add a P3 sometime. I played one once at a bar in Nashville. I liked it. I just have a hard time biting the bullet on it! Maybe one day!
Enjoy!

If you make it up north to Duluth, shoot me a message!

#30 2 years ago

Did I mention diagnostics are simple?

from the main menu, choose the app “diagnostics”

Inside diagnostics you can do all the tests for switches, lights, coils, IR sensors, even the playfield module you have installed.

3C4420C2-0564-4214-AAE1-B7861DDCBA70 (resized).jpeg3C4420C2-0564-4214-AAE1-B7861DDCBA70 (resized).jpeg43C623F3-3248-4FBF-8566-EC6CCCFA38CA (resized).jpeg43C623F3-3248-4FBF-8566-EC6CCCFA38CA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-has-landed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.