(Topic ID: 22039)

P3 goes to Pre-order stage only 250 going to be made.

By Pinballfantexas

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

We'll have our 2nd prototype at PPE in September and at Expo in October; so those of you who can make it to those shows can put some time on the machine before committing to the pre-order.

COOL! I'm going to PPE...can't wait to see/play it!

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Only recent. It's what happens when a bubble forms in your market. Basically it starts as:

a) company is producing a product in a niche market. Sales are decent, nothing special.
    b) interest in product starts an uptick. Company starts producing more
    c) other people start noticing uptick. They start trying to produce their own products. Meanwhile, original company starts making their product fancier and with fake collectible appeal
    d) prices continue to rise on everything, old and new products. Lots of denial that there's a bubble, prices will continue to rise for a long time still.
    e) market becomes saturated with new products, old products, collectibles, etc. People get frustrated with all the new products, as they can't afford or collect them all. Collecting becomes less fun. People start giving up on collecting and selling off their collections.
    f) market crashes
    g) only company a) is left, demand is a Shadow of where it was at point a).

That's the way these things usually work. We are at point d). I'm sure there will be follow up posts to this saying we aren't in a bubble as well, further reinforcing point d). The only question is how long it will take for the market to move to stage e), it could be 6 months, a year, 5 years, but it's going to happen at some point. There isn't enough money in the hobby to support all of these ventures while also making old prices rise. The trigger will probably be one of these manufacturers taking in a ton of money and then folding before making a machine.

Ha ha, nice prediction we will see if it holds true, I think we are already at Stage E.

#53 11 years ago

Having had the chance to spend some time playing the proto, I can assure you that this thing is going to be nothing short of incredible once in production. Even though the proto is only a partially functioning machine, I honestly haven't had that much fun playing pinball in a long time.

Mine is pre-ordered! I'm a believer and know Gerry personally. He is an honest guy who is trying to advance pinball beyond the same old crap that current manufacturers keep churning out. If anything is going to bust, it will be the cookie cutter machines of late.

#54 11 years ago

As one of those most vocal in criticism of your refund policy, I want to be equal in my praise of your new policy. Well done! You listened to the marketplace, reevaluated your position, and made an important change. This bodes very well for how you and your team will do business throughout the project. You have shown yourselves to be folks of true quality who are flexible enough to make changes on the fly - an important asset for a startup venture. Best of luck in this innovative project!

#55 11 years ago

Where could I route one of these? Mars?

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

COOL! I'm going to PPE...can't wait to see/play it!

Where is PPE located?

#58 11 years ago

This project looks very cool and genuinely innovative. I can't wait to give it a try at PPE!

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-goes-to-pre-order-stage-only-250-going-to-be-made/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.