(Topic ID: 271631)

3rd Party P3 Game: Ranger In The Ruins for CCR module - $149 Multimorphic.com!

By bingopodcast

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RITR 3.0.0.2 Update (resized).png
s192260447720677704_p19_i3_w4000 (resized).png
s192260447720677704_p19_i2_w3072 (resized).png
RITR Update (resized).png
RITR2002 (resized).png
RITR21Update (resized).jpg
RITR2Update (resized).jpg
7CF377D7-596B-4004-9CB0-1A7F41B8C46A (resized).jpeg
A44599A9-B74B-43C4-83EF-79E7D5F66DF7 (resized).jpeg
20200914_165958 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200912_143839199 (resized).jpg
PXL_20200909_223438576 (resized).jpg
RITR-Reveal (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200808_200008_704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 3 years ago

PURCHASED!

Question: is the stream relatively spoiler-free? I watched the first few minutes, but turned it off because I want to have to figure out the item uses on my own. I'd love to watch more of the stream, but will pass if I'm gonna get things answered that I'd rather have to discover myself.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

There are some spoilers in there! If you'd like to experience the game as I intended, better not to watch too much.
I do intentionally not answer some questions on there, and not every item was found on the stream. Actually quite a few are still undiscovered.
And thank you!!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll forego the stream, at least for now.

Been following your development through QfG and then into this game. Excited to try it and happy to support both Gerry and you as a supplementary P3 developer. It was cool to see that at least one person seemed to have gotten pushed over the edge of buying a CCR module based on your game. Congrats! Really excited to see someone continuing the 3rd party P3 development.

Don't stop now. We expect another game 72 days from now...

1 week later
#145 3 years ago

Had a decent run this morning. Encyclopedia first item, energy drink second.
[quoted image]
I have no doubt that most of you will blow this score out of the water. (Prove it!!)

You asked...I'd do a lot better if I was any good at collecting items. Somehow, when the time comes, I can't hit those giant-ass scoops. "Broadside of a barn" tends to come to mind.

20200914_165958 (resized).jpg20200914_165958 (resized).jpg
#150 3 years ago

I'm really digging the game! Deceptively fun. I think you did a great job with the lighting effects too. First time I got the lighter, wow. That looked cool. Not sure I understand what happened other than the color change, but we'll see if I ever find it again.

Is there a way to delete just the item scoreboard? Toyguy had the idea and I like it since I'll never beat the default numbers, but I don't want to erase my high scores.

Also, how often are you supposed to find the item that explains the other items? I've played almost 70 games and I've never gotten it, unless it was the diary and I needed to do something specific with it to get the other item info.

It's been fun trying to figure out what the items do. Thanks for a fun little game and for keeping the thread spoiler-free.

I can't wait to see what else you some up with!

#154 3 years ago

Nope, I was wrong. Only way is to zero out both score tables.
It is under Settings->statistics

AAARRRGGG!!!

Yeah, I saw that one. I was hoping there was an individual way I didn't realize. Well, I'd love to track items too, so I guess I better blow it out now before I get any higher scores.

Oh well. Any BTW...I meant to mention that the music is awesome too! I know you were contemplating making your own, but what you picked to go with this is great. Did you mention there were different types of music you can select? I don't want anything different, but if there's something else to try, I might as well check it out.

3 months later
#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I need to hurry up and get the CCR playfield so I can grab my copy!

This is no diss to CCR (I like the career mode quite a bit) but RITR is our most played game on that playfield. Anyone that owns the CCR playfield and doesn't own RITR is seriously missing out. HANDS DOWN the best mini game on the entire P3 platform.

Mini rant about RITR: I've owned since release, and I still have not gotten the encyclopedia (or whatever it is that tells you what the items do). So, I still have no idea the function of many of the items. How many total items are there? We just recently started cataloging items so we could get a count on how many we've gotten and how many we have left to figure out the functions of.

Also, it has been far more than your allotted ~70 days for your next game. Blah, blah fixing QfG...we want...err...DEMAND new content.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-game-ranger-in-the-ruins?tu=Cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.