• Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3_Flipper_Upgrade_Kit (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Every manufacturer's flippers have their own feel, and the flippers on the P3 are no exception. The P3 flippers also look different than others, because they're floating over the surface of the playfield rather than being mounted through it, and that adds to people's perception that they feel different. After playing a few games, almost everybody comes to the same conclusion - they work great.

Well, now they're even better!

We've come up with a combination of hardware, firmware, and software features to give the P3 flippers more power across the entire arc, more ball control, and more resistance to knockdowns. In our opinions, the P3 flippers with these updates are now the best flippers in the industry. If anybody has any lingering hesitancy about the P3 flippers, these updates will put those to rest.

These updates are already shipping out pre-installed on all new machines from our factory, and they'll soon be available as an upgrade kit for existing owners.
Pre-orders are open as of today at https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/flipper-upgrade-kit/. Software updates will slowly roll out for all of our game apps.

Check out the full announcement here: https://www.multimorphic.com/news/flipper-upgrade/.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com
P3_Flipper_Upgrade_Kit (resized).jpgP3_Flipper_Upgrade_Kit (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

WHAT?! GET INSIDE MY GAME! I hope these compensate my poor skills in crushing the barnyard top score.

Pre order ordered

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

WHAT?! GET INSIDE MY GAME! I hope these compensate my poor skills in crushing the barnyard top score.
Pre order ordered

Let's go...Barnyard battle!

#4 2 years ago

Just placed my order!

#5 2 years ago

Can you provide more info on what exactly this is? I don’t have experience with the P3, I’m just curious from an engineering perspective.

I know the Spooky games with the P3-ROC have issues with flipper fade. I’m curious if similar improvements could be made on their games, or if this is specific to the P3.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I know the Spooky games with the P3-ROC have issues with flipper fade. I’m curious if similar improvements could be made on their games, or if this is specific to the P3.

As we do with all of our products and firmware features, the firmware updates to the P3-ROC will be released to the public for all P3-ROC users to use or not, as they choose. The firmware changes in this update do a little more of the heavy lifting than a software-only solution, but they aren't strictly required.

Flipper fade... we haven't experienced it or had any reports of fade by P3 users, even during multi-day events. I'm not privy to all of the engineering in the Spooky flippers and would prefer this thread not turn into an engineering discussion, but I can say this... little details matter, and we've spent countless hours making sure the P3 flippers optimize those little details. Every component choice in the assembly has an effect on performance... coil windings, springs, air flow, mass, actuation movement, etc. [software and firmware] drive parameters can affect it too. Our new firmware will probably help other P3-ROC users, but it can't overcome non-optimized engineering choices.

I believe that the P3 flippers are now the best in the industry. Others will definitely be able to leverage the firmware changes, but the mechanical details also have a large impact.

- Gerry

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I was more curious from the firmware/software side. I assume that the hardware is specific to your flippers.

As an engineer, I am always interested in those details, but I understand that you can’t share all of that info.

#8 2 years ago

Outstanding support and engineering bump.

#9 2 years ago

$40? I'm out!

#10 2 years ago

Servicing the flippers on the P3 is super easy. They just slide right out as a set. These appear to be a cinch to install. Ordered.

#11 2 years ago

Sold. Also added Ranger In The Ruins because... why the heck not!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Also added Ranger In The Ruins because... why the heck not!

Thank you - I hope you enjoy it!

Quoted from Cmartin1235:

These appear to be a cinch to install.

Can confirm. The instructions are very clear and full of photos as you'd expect from Multimorphic. Really a worthwhile upgrade, especially for certain layouts or during very chaotic multiballs.

#13 2 years ago

Great but how about the new game?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Great but how about the new game?

Yep - they work great on Sorcerer's Apprentice!!!

- Gerry

#15 2 years ago

^

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Yep - they work great on Sorcerer's Apprentice!!!
- Gerry

That made me LOL IRL

3 weeks later
#18 2 years ago

Does the flipper upgrade / firmware flash effect the behavior of the Heist flipper? I asks because I need some fine tuning on the heist flipper for a P3 whitewood in development.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Does the flipper upgrade / firmware flash effect the behavior of the Heist flipper? I asks because I need some fine tuning on the heist flipper for a P3 whitewood in development.

It is only for the lower two flippers. It will be in a updated sdk from what I hear, for devs to add to their game. And updates for the current titles.

Flippers feel really good. They are strong the entire flipper when you do flips. Hard to explain but no matter where the ball is hit on the flipper it feels like the usual strong hit. Can’t wait until they ship!

#20 2 years ago

While I don't own a P3, these flippers are by far the best engineered futuristic looking out there. I actually find them a little distracting when playing a P3 since they are so mechanically and aesthetically mesmerizing.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While I don't own a P3, these flippers are by far the best engineered futuristic looking out there. I actually find them a little distracting when playing a P3 since they are so mechanically and aesthetically mesmerizing.

They are pretty fun to watch flip! I was looking at the modified ones. Can’t wait to take my flipper unit to a table and mod mine up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bath, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-flipper-upgrade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.