002[1].jpg
ChicagoExpo1423.jpg
ChicagoExpo1416.jpg
ChicagoExpo1411-642.jpg
ChicagoExpo1448-923.jpg
ChicagoExpo1437-511.jpg
ChicagoExpo1431-606.jpg
llgg-5a.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago

For those of you who missed the Pre-Expo thread with the new video, or just wanted a clearer version of it after seeing it in Gerry's presentation, here it is.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I just watched the Expo seminar and was impressed that the cabinet art is just a swappable magnet sheet. It looks cool and easy to switch for home use. However, wouldn't this be a concern for routed or arcade machines if the art could just walk away?

I've heard Gerry say that there will be some sort of security bezel available to prevent artwork from being removed on location. It's one of the many great ideas this platform has for pinball on location.

I can imagine a scenario where businesses place the game on location with custom branded artwork, maybe with some swappable Translites for various regular promotions. Something on LLGG breaks. They just swap out either the broken component, like the flipper module, with a spare, or swap out the LLGG playfield for CCR or some other future P3 title. They get the game back up and running instantly without skilled technicians, and send the broken parts to the technicians bench for repair on his/her schedule. So in addition to easily being able to change the game for your customer base to keep them interested, it also serves as a down-time eliminator.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Still dont like the pinballpart of the game. Does not look good and the layout is boring. The upper part is just a themeless area filled with ugly techs.
But.... If somehow you can put this screen in a normal pin, that would be the real next gen in my opinion. And i think that will be a big hit too.
But as it is now, dont think they sell alot. The price is very high too, 10k euro.

Not to pile on, but I think you may be referring to the upper playfield shown in the second P3 promo video, which literally was a whitewood prototype. The upper playfield now is much more finished, and has very nice themed artwork that matches playfield art on the main Lexy screen (the only thing that is missing is the artwork on the back wall of the upper playfield). It actually plays pretty nice, too.

It's understandable why you might have that impression, as that 2nd video is the only one that gives a close up view of the playfield (the third video has the art, but it would not have fit the purposes of that video to have a closeup of that playfield), but your reaction illustrates one of the points Gerry was making in his talk about obstacles to innovation. Innovation takes time, and any time people see a work in progress, they judge it based on where it is at that point in time and very rarely consider where it is going. It's something Multimorphic has dealt with every step of the way, but I am glad I have gotten to witness the evolution of this platform from a brilliant proof of concept to a fantastic game, with endless potential.

You like WOLY and TBL? I can't wait to see what kind of custom games talented P3 third party developers release into the wild. The P3 continues the work of the PROC, which has been enabling people to take pinball in exciting new directions. Where the PROC eliminated the need for would-be game designers to have to develop a control system, the P3 eliminates the need to engineer and manufacture much of the rest of the game. So people can focus on gameplay and design rather than engineering the game from the ground up.

Think of how fast future game designers can get their great ideas out the door if all they have to ship is an upper playfield, code, and maybe an optional module or 2? You can sell it to existing owners and package it though multimoprphic to get entire games in the hands of your consumers. Pinball as a platform is an idea who's time has come, and it will only accelerate the pinball renaissance we are experiencing now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-expo-news?tu=sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.