2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello!

I love making homebrew pinball/coin-op stuff (and some commercial stuff too!), and I wanted to contribute something back to the ecosystem on the P3.

I started chatting with the folks over at Scorbit about integrating games made by 3rd party developers like myself, and created the following library:

https://github.com/bingopodcast/p3-scorbit-integration-public

This library allows you to build a game on the P3 with Scorbit integration. There are several touch points with Scorbit during the development process, but everything is laid out in the accompanying PDF. You simply add the GUI component (prefab included) and add the mode when your app starts.

The source is LGPL - any changes you make to the source of these libraries in your game must be contributed back for the good of us all.

Hopefully other developers will be able to make use of this and add Scorbit functionality to their own games!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Thank you for putting this out and including clear documentation on GitHub.

Happy to do it, and hopefully it is easily understood.

Quoted from Zitt:

I applaud the effort.

Thanks!

While libraries themselves aren't super fun, hopefully it'll allow for some folks to make some fun stuff on top of the fun games they're already creating.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-3rd-party-developer-library-scorbit-integration?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.