You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

If you've ever considered building a custom pinball machine or re-theming an existing game, come visit the Multimorphic booth at Expo 2015. For the 3rd year in a row, we're hosting a custom machine exhibit to show off machines developed by some of our users. The machine developers will be there to show off their games and to answer all of your questions.

We'll also have a limited number of boards for sale. If you know you'll want to take some home with you, please PM me to make sure we bring enough. Products we'll have with us include:

P3-ROC (Our latest generation controller board)
PD-16 (16 drivers)
SW-16 (16 direct switches)
PD-8x8 (8x8 lamp matrix)
PD-LED (84 LED drivers)

Unfortunately our P-ROCs are back-ordered due to a large recent order, but we'll have more stock the week after expo, and we'll waive shipping for all orders received at Expo.

There are literally hundreds of custom projects out there using these products, and more are getting started every week. For detailed descriptions and documentation on all of our boards, visit http://www.pinballcontrollers.com.

Of course we'll also have two P3 machines on free play with Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth. So you can experience first hand what we've done with our boards. For more information about all of the technological advances we've built into the P3 platform, come to our seminar at 1:15pm on Saturday (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-seminar-david-thiel-and-gerry-stellenberg).

If you're going to the Pinball Life party on Friday, we can deliver your boards to you there as well. PM me to arrange delivery.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com

#2 8 years ago

Awesome Gerry! Definitely one of the best parts of Expo is the P-ROC lineup!

I have some P-ROC boards that I can have available at my booth since you're out.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I have some P-ROC boards that I can have available at my booth since you're out.

Perfect, Rob. Thanks! I'll send all interested parties your way.

- Gerry

#4 8 years ago

Just sent some money your way, I'm way excited to give P-Roc a shot.

#5 8 years ago

Looking forward to this year's line-up and seeing the P3/Lexi mfg prototype...IN A FEW DAYS!!!

#6 8 years ago

I am curious about the ball position detection method in the P3.

Could you elaborate on how this works? Is there any hardware involved to detect if an object drawn on the monitor is hit? Or perhaps there are already articles on the subject?

I am interested because I have an idea for an hardware project (not pinball) where I need to detect the position of an object placed on a screen.

Thanks.

#7 8 years ago

I always look forward to playing the row of P-ROC machines. And I want a Lexy Lightspeed.... Also, I need to kiss Eric's ring every year for the unbelievable work he did on Cactus Canyon.

- See you this weekend, Gerry.

#8 8 years ago

If anyone's checking these out this weekend, It'd be great to see some live footage of the games in action!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

If anyone's checking these out this weekend, It'd be great to see some live footage of the games in action!

Sorry no video, but the Buffy pin was a tour de force of pinball craftsmanship.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

That looks amazing. Gotta make it to Expo next year.

So, we've got Buffy, WOOLY, Lexy, and it looks like the Kugler family pin in the background there? How many games are actually there?

#11 8 years ago

I think Deadpin was the only one you didn't mention.

#12 8 years ago

What a fantastic weekend!

Quite simply, the P-ROC community and the custom machines on display at Expo are absolutely awesome. I've heard from countless people that the P-ROC machines were the reason they came to the show and the clear highlight of this year's event.

I don't know how I've gotten so fortunate, but somehow I've managed to surround myself with some of the best, brightest, and friendliest people in the entire industry. They haven't just successfully all built show-stopper machines, they've also given back to the homebrew community in so many ways that I consider them one of the biggest reasons pinball is going through a successful resurgence and custom pinball development is becoming so common. I can pretty much guarantee that the large majority of the custom pinball projects you read about today would not be happening without the efforts of these folks.

Clockwise from their positions in the booth: Matt (Bonnema), Josh (Rosh), Michael (Mocean, Dave (Nelly), Terry, Scott (T-800), and Frank (luvthatapex2) are all rock stars. Together they've not just combined to deliver the beautiful and fun machines you saw at the show, but they've also helped too many other custom machine developers to count. They've offered their services (free-of-charge) to nearly anybody who's asked, and they've delivered custom wires and metalwork, software frameworks and tools, custom software dev, custom machine building seminars and how-to guides, playfield and cabinet artwork, and so much more. These guys are the reason the P-ROC is so successful (250+ unique projects and counting). Look around at all of the other custom projects, and products and tools being developed to make them possible, and you'll see their fingerprints all over them.

I am incredibly honored to be a part of this group, and I'd like to issue a public thank you to each these guys for making this journey so much fun. We started selling the P-ROC in April of 2009, and I never imagined how many new friends it would bring into my life and how thoroughly it would change the industry.

Along the same lines... Zitt: you are an amazing person, a brilliant mind, and a credit to the entire pinball industry. Your work on STMU is beyond reproach, and your willingness to share it with the world is admirable. My 2015 Expo experience would not have been the same without you, nor would the last 6 & 1/2 years of work on the P-ROC, P3, and custom machines back at home in Austin. You are a member of this family, and I was proud to have you and your machine in our booth at Expo. Can't wait to see what you do with Borderlands on the P3!

- Gerry

#13 8 years ago

Can't wait till I finally get started on my own P-ROC project. I've got Mark Sunnock's Sys 11 board (Snux) and Jim's Alpha-numeric (myPinballs) just in case and a second P-ROC. Gotta stop working on machines and build one!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Along the same lines... Zitt: you are an amazing person, a brilliant mind, and a credit to the entire pinball industry. Your work on STMU is beyond reproach, and your willingness to share it with the world is admirable. My 2015 Expo experience would not have been the same without you, nor would the last 6 & 1/2 years of work on the P-ROC, P3, and custom machines back at home in Austin. You are a member of this family, and I was proud to have you and your machine in our booth at Expo. Can't wait to see what you do with Borderlands on the P3!

Wow. Um.. Wow. Did you write this before or after you got sleep? ;D
Thanks for the kind words. It has been quiet a ride from laser cutting the first Proc adapter to Water jetting some Lexan prototypes for the flipper assemblies. Its been fun seeing you take Lexy from concept to a MFG prototype.

Let's get Lexy into production so I can springboard Borderlands into it's Prototyping stage!

#15 8 years ago

Slightly off topic: Anyone in the Phila, Pa suburbs who can upgrade my Cactus Canyon to Cactus Canyon Extended? I would like to do it, but haven't the slightest idea how to go about it or where to get the components I would need.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wow! Why isn't there more info on this?

This looks like a great way to get to attention for the platform.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Anyone in the Phila, Pa suburbs who can upgrade my Cactus Canyon to Cactus Canyon Extended?

There is probably a CCC thread you can post this in, or you can reach out to Eric (epthegeek), who may know of someone in your area based on who has purchased the display kits. I believe there is pretty good documentation on it and I think Eric still sells the kits for the display change.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Wow! Why isn't there more info on this?
This looks like a great way to get to attention for the platform.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Slightly off topic: Anyone in the Phila, Pa suburbs who can upgrade my Cactus Canyon to Cactus Canyon Extended? I would like to do it, but haven't the slightest idea how to go about it or where to get the components I would need.

I recently had the same question asked by a friend of mine and I directly him to Eric. He purchased a kit with everything he needed to do the install. He installed it and it looks factory. He is very happy with the end result. You can most certainly do this yourself, but if you want the least amount of hassle get a prebuilt kit from Eric.

#20 8 years ago

Hey Gerry and P-ROC Guys
Just wanted to tell you guys that "P-ROC Row" is always my high-point at Expo. Thank you Gerry for your amazing products and thank you all for bringing your custom pins.
Wally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p-roc-products-and-custom-machines-at-expo-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.