Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

edwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

If you felt the need to release code that contained copyrighted images, you would probably want to anonymously post it to the Usenet Newsgroups.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Yes do that ... And hope that no one cares ... As if they do they can subpoena your records as well as put you in a deposition .... So. It won't be so funny after that ... As the costs and the penalties are pretty extreme ... And hopefully some licensee does not want to make an example out of someone ...

The Newsgroups are postable anonymously.

So if someone wants to make a 2.0 version of Adam's Family and Raul Julia's widow doesn't like it, she is not going to be able to find anyone to send a S&D to.

Ask Steve Ritchie how funny it was when people were posting about Stern on Usenet and Gary said "Call, and have that shit taken down!". LOL

Anyone making a forum announcement of any "Fanware" needs to create a new account using TOR or IP Tunneling to hide their IP address and of course use a free email that was signed up for also under TOR.

I never post on the net or email with my actual IP, and neither should you.

edwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpgedwardCIA-NSA-Edward-Snowden_1.jpg

#11 9 years ago

GTB manuals are usually on alt.binaries.books.technical or alt.binaries.ebooks.technical

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'd think You can make a game based upon an existing theme ... just don't use the DMD animations, source code, or sound effects. Using an existing table / art is ok... as long as you don't distribute it with your release.

Why even take the chance?

If you are going to release your Fanware to the the world, best to do it completely anonymously.

-

A few years ago I almost lost my job because a few PinDicks were trying to get me fired from work.

I learned that 100% stealth is the way to be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p-roc-and-copyrights?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.