• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Snux
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cuttlefish.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

A Pi won't work if you want to go with the full color LCD DMD, and given how much cheaper an option that is if your Plasma DMD ever fails, you should step up to a "real" PC. You'd do very well with a Shuttle DS61 book PC and a G540 celeron cpu. You're in Boston so I don't need to tell you how cheap those CPUs are at microcenter.

South Park is a fun layout. I used to play one in an arcade a ton back in "the day" rotating between that, TZ, and TAF (and SSF2T, if I'm being totally honest).

And, yes, join us at the pinballcontrollers.com forums. We have cake..?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Last time I checked, the P-Roc only works on WPC, WPC-95, Stern Whitestar, Stern SAM and System 11 (if you build the custom daughterboard). I don't think it will interface with the DataEast/Sega driver board. Gerry can confirm if you PM him.

Southpark is a stern whitestar; all the Sega pins of the mid-late 90s were I believe.

Also, if you want to drive DE/System 11, MarkS has a board that he sells as a kit or pre-built, based on Stephen's design. We've come a long way

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My gut with non-x86 devices is that you run a risk of incompatibility / software stack issues getting set up. With X86; "in theory" you just apt-get or yum or whatever to install the python compiler and what-nots.
IF someone actually IS running RazPi ... with the stack; I'm sure they had some "fun" getting it all right.

True that non x86 can't run pinmame so running stock /williams/ roms via emulation is out. Now, since this is a Stern Whitestar, I have no idea what the emulation status of that is. My guess is non existent.

The pinproc/ pyprocgame environment works on the pi and isn't bad to set up at all. It is an option.

The beagle bone black is crazy sold out everywhere, so... That's a factor, too.

Quoted from swf127:

Just read your post about your Buffy project and saw the output. Those Buffy clips look really excellent. Did you guys end up going with or without dots? I thought it looked really good with myself but really pops either way.. Awesome work guys!

Thanks. We opted for no dots. There's a lot of videos but we haven't shared any software videos recently. I miss the
Dots a little...

If you want to see the same color/HD hacked framework, with dots enabled, check out Rosh's the Kugler Family Pin. Rosh is the only other person I know of using the HD/ color hacks and he's contributed a metric ton of code to that effort too. Plus his game looks really sharp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p-roc-advice?tu=mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.