Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    22BCFA6C-262F-4EB3-B85A-165A63FED387 (resized).jpeg
    ozzy (resized).jpg
    BA652783-7120-47FA-9AC5-42DC45C04F3A (resized).jpeg
    Venom_logo (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-Osbourne1 (resized).jpg
    ozzy (resized).jpg
    FEEAE961-F865-4B69-80BE-8CE3FACE0ADE (resized).jpeg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg
    The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (1) (resized).jpg
    71cja17D5gL._SS500_ (resized).jpg
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago

Yep no more tears had a bunch of hits and great songs and is probably his third best album by a decent margin.

Lemmy - who wrote a bunch of the songs on the album (hellraiser, mama I’m coming home) said he made more money off that album than all Motörhead albums put together.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man! Just because you stopped paying attention in 1986 doesn’t mean everybody else did. No more tears went quad platinum for bat’s sake!

Sounds like you'd enjoy an Ozzy pin regardless of the artwork or albums included. That's just not me. That would be like having an Alice Cooper pin featuring that song Poison when he leaned into the hair metal.

No More Tears is just not pinball music.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep no more tears had a bunch of hits and great songs and is probably his third best album by a decent margin.
    Lemmy - who wrote a bunch of the songs on the album (hellraiser, mama I’m coming home) said he made more money off that album than all Motörhead albums put together.

I'm just going to use that as an excuse to post this here:

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds like you'd enjoy an Ozzy pin regardless of the artwork or albums included. That's just not me. That would be like having an Alice Cooper pin featuring that song Poison when he leaned into the hair metal.

If they want to make an Ozzy pin with just blizzard and diary, that’s fine with me too!

Like many others I'd prefer a Black Sabbath game. No teased hair there!

#55 1 year ago

Crazy Babies MULTIBALLLLLLLL!

#56 1 year ago

Honestly I just heard Crazy Babies for the first time last week!
    Well I must have heard it back in the day but I don't remember it at all and it isn't a radio hit here; good tune.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Honestly I just heard Crazy Babies for the first time last week!
    Well I must have heard it back in the day but I don't remember it at all and it isn't a radio hit here; good tune.

Wicked was a Solid, heavy album at a time when dipshit rock like Poison was huge.

First Ozzy album I ever bought so i've got a soft spot for it!

#58 1 year ago

Around the time my best friend just listened to Tribute all day everyday, so thats more my era of Ozzy even though its from years before.

Yeah Zach Wilde vs Poisen isn't much of a fight.

#59 1 year ago

Watching Pinside react to an Ozzy or Sabbath pin would be priceless. Likely won’t happen, but it’s all good fun for a bit.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Ozzy's last good album was 1983. Over 40 years ago.

Name any Stern band pin band that's had a hit in the last 40 years. Only exception I can think of would be the minor hit Aerosmith had with Janie's Got A Gun... and that was 33 years ago.

#61 1 year ago

“Hits” are for mainstream Zombies .I’d be great with a few tracks from Scream and Ordinary Man ,couple from Patient 9 and the bulk from No More Tears and earlier .Yes ,Black Sabbath will remain a dream but I will get behind this and even more so if it’s JDs rookie CS.Now that I think of it , does anyone have pics of Dangers homebrew ? I don’t think that was used on JP homepin .I’d be curious to take a peek at what it looks like .

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

If there is ONE "Rock Legend" whom I cannot stand (on a personal level) it's Ozzy. Absolute piece of garbage human being.

We want the dirt! SPILL IT!

#63 1 year ago

As much as I want Black Sabbath, I'd take an Ozzy pin if it becomes reality.

"Crazy Train" alone still has more relevancy and is still widely heard than most mainstream chart toppers of the last 40 years.

It would be a true rock star pin. And certainly a career well deserving of one.

#64 1 year ago

I was in San Antonio and went to that show in 1982 after the Alamo debacle. He came back and apologized 10 yrs later and played again I think.

San Antonio was the heavy metal capital of the US back in the 70’s and early 80’s

We don’t need an Ozzy pin please

#65 1 year ago

I’m loving Halloween. The dump was not in vain.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah… Stern had Slayer at their booth years ago and I’m still waiting. Wake me up whenever that or Sabbath happens! Although after being a careless NOOB theme whore and losing my shirt dumping my Halloween I’ll be waiting a bit longer to actually play whatever the next music pin is after announcement before committing. But based on Rush and Zeppelin I have faith in whatever the next dad metal pin is!

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Name any Stern band pin band that's had a hit in the last 40 years. Only exception I can think of would be the minor hit Aerosmith had with Janie's Got A Gun... and that was 33 years ago.

Metallica

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Think you mean "Dont want to miss a thing" which was a #1.

Around that time ACDC had some high ranked stuff in 90s

That hair cut Metallica shit was pretty big

#68 1 year ago

I am so glad that Aerosmith pinball ended at Permanent Vacation before the sappy ballads.

#69 1 year ago

I think that Rock and Roll Train by AC/DC was a hit too...it did hit #1 on Billboard "Mainstream Rock Tracks".

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Still waiting...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well, at least there's always hope and dreaming about what it could be. Stern finally delivered on The Beatles and blew it like no other.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I am so glad that Aerosmith pinball ended at Permanent Vacation before the sappy ballads.

It ended with Pump actually.

And angel is a pretty sappy ballad on Vacation.

You seem to just be making this stuff up as a you for along!

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I think that Rock and Roll Train by AC/DC was a hit too...it did hit #1 on Billboard "Mainstream Rock Tracks".

The album was #1 also

I just don’t see why any of this matters. Stern music pins sell, in a huge fashion. They are obviously giving people what they want.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern music pins sell, in a huge fashion. They are obviously giving people what they want.

Most play fantastic as well which is what matters.
    Keep em’ coming!

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:Name any Stern band pin band that's had a hit in the last 40 years. Only exception I can think of would be the minor hit Aerosmith had with Janie's Got A Gun... and that was 33 years ago.

Define “hit”. Is it a top 25 song? Ok, Rush, “Headlong Flight”. Is it a top 100 song? There’s like 50 Aerosmith songs. Top 10? Stern can’t afford it. #1? Not rock, so not old white dude approved, so not happening in pinball. I’d love a Muse pin, but even those guys are old as balls

#75 1 year ago

If done right I think Ozzy could be a huge hit. The whole "Prince of Darkness" persona lends itself to a pinball story beyond just his music.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t see why any of this matters.

Its a journey. Starts with "they don't have any hits" and ends with "hits suck anyway!"

#77 1 year ago

I am a Sabbath fan, but make no mistake, Ozzy’s solo music would make for a way better pin. Additionally Ozzy’s solo record sales destroy his Sabbath sales. You people need to get a clue. This Comic-Con relationship will surely lead to a pin and all of you that think Stern would give a crap about Slayer or that Slayer would make a great pin are crazy. Let’s get this done Stern, Ozzy Osbourne with team Elwin & Yetti in 2023!

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Think you mean "Dont want to miss a thing" which was a #1.
    Around that time ACDC had some high ranked stuff in 90s
    That hair cut Metallica shit was pretty big

The only good thing about Aerosmith in the 90s was Revolution X. Just for a few minutes.

AC/DC "Live" album is solid.

I remember after Metallica cut their hair, so many other bands did the same. Then everyone in music was looking like Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its a journey. Starts with "they don't have any hits" and ends with "hits suck anyway!"

Yeah I really enjoyed that part of it.

"Ozzy hasn't done anything since 1986!"

Well, his best-selling album came out in 1992.

"Who cares! I wasn't paying attention because he had too much hair spray!"

#80 1 year ago

Hear it here first. Venom will be the next Stern with a Ozzy song or two on the soundtrack. Not a Ozzy pin.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am a Sabbath fan, but make no mistake, Ozzy’s solo music would make for a way better pin.

With all due respect, I’m not sure if a wronger thing has ever been said.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Hear it here first. Venom will be the next Stern with a Ozzy song or two on the soundtrack. Not a Ozzy pin.

Well actually we heard it here like 12th, plenty of people have suggested that already.

#83 1 year ago

I am a Sabbath fan, but make no mistake, Ozzy’s solo music would make for a way better pin. Additionally Ozzy’s solo record sales destroy his Sabbath sales. You people need to get a clue. This Comic-Con relationship will surely lead to a pin and all of you that think Stern would give a crap about Slayer or that Slayer would make a great pin are crazy. Let’s get this done Stern, Ozzy Osborn with team Elwin & Yetti in 2023!

“You people need to get a clue!”
    Ok, we are on to you, Sharon!

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. The riff for an attract sound or a hurry-up might work. Maybe a good clip for the a ball autosave after a drain.

The crazy train laugh for hitting a orbit combo or jackpot would awesome.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

The only good thing about Aerosmith in the 90s was Revolution X. Just for a few minutes.
    AC/DC "Live" album is solid.
    I remember after Metallica cut their hair, so many other bands did the same. Then everyone in music was looking like Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth.

I am a HUGE 1970s Aerosmith fan; 80s are good too. They had a couple songs on “Get a Grip” which was HOLY HELL 1993?!

Revolution X?! What? Help me out here, this does not compute

#86 1 year ago

I am a Sabbath fan, but make no mistake, Ozzy’s solo music would make for a way better pin. Additionally Ozzy’s solo record sales destroy his Sabbath sales. You people need to get a clue. This Comic-Con relationship will surely lead to a pin and all of you that think Stern would give a crap about Slayer or that Slayer would make a great pin are crazy. Let’s get this done Stern, Ozzy Osborn with team Elwin & Yetti in 2023.

I was waiting for someone to bring up album sales.

These music threads need their own bingo card.

#87 1 year ago

Count me as one that would rather have an Ozzy pin than a Sabbath one too. No more tears is a very good album.

#88 1 year ago

I was at this concert in 89, at the Tower Theatre. Ozzy called people up on the stage but security was tossing them off security was not too happy with him. I didn’t try to get up with him that would have been epic but I was in the fifth or sixth row.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was at this concert in 89, Ozzy called people up on the stage but security was tossing them off. Too bad I didn’t try to get up with him that would have been epic.

LMAO

I was at a friend's house watching the pay per view. Still remember the philly crowd chanting "Bullet Boys Suck!"

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
    I was at a friend's house watching the pay per view. Still remember the philly crowd chanting "Bullet Boys Suck!"

That’s so funny. I remember that they were playing the opening act and people were chanting ‘Ozzy Ozzy’ they were getting pissed off. Classic Philadelphia.

He brought his kids on stage too they must’ve been 5-6 years old.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was at this concert in 89, Ozzy called people up on the stage but security was tossing them off. Too bad I didn’t try to get up with him that would have been epic.

Nice! Plus Geezer on bass. Definitely some Sabbath in the set.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

At the time Ozzy's band had more Sabbath members in it than Sabbath did.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

YouTube has the concert. I have not watched it before. I’m going to see if I can spot myself.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I’m loving Halloween. The dump was not in vain.

For sure! Can’t connect with them all, glad it’s in a loving home. Just not my style of shooter, hence my brilliant idea to play a game in person before I buy it from now on haha. Will I follow through with such a bold idea in the future? Probably not!

#96 1 year ago

Ozzy Looked Like Bea Arthur On The Ultimate Sin Tour

Also scandalous kids and snakes!

The entire idea seems harebrained, even by Pinside standards.

I heard "Mama I'm Coming Home" the other day at the local liquor store/cheap gas station.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

YouTube has the concert. I have not watched it before. I’m going to see if I can spot myself.

I must have watched it a half dozen times, my friend recorded it and dubbed me a copy.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Revolution X?! What? Help me out here, this does not compute

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

Christ. Joe Perry and Steven Tyler look like Peter Steele and Rhea Perlman in that flyer.

#99 1 year ago

It’s possible it could be a Black Sabbath / Spawn, just saying.

FEEAE961-F865-4B69-80BE-8CE3FACE0ADE (resized).jpegFEEAE961-F865-4B69-80BE-8CE3FACE0ADE (resized).jpeg
    #100 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At the time Ozzy's band had more Sabbath members in it than Sabbath did.

Very true. 89 was a better year for Ozzy, but Headless Cross is still a good album!

Bill Ward had a good solo album in 1990, also featured Ozzy.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ozzy-osborne-pinball-incoming/page/2?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.