Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    22BCFA6C-262F-4EB3-B85A-165A63FED387 (resized).jpeg
    ozzy (resized).jpg
    BA652783-7120-47FA-9AC5-42DC45C04F3A (resized).jpeg
    Venom_logo (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-Osbourne1 (resized).jpg
    ozzy (resized).jpg
    FEEAE961-F865-4B69-80BE-8CE3FACE0ADE (resized).jpeg
    s-l500 (resized).jpg
    The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg
    The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (1) (resized).jpg
    71cja17D5gL._SS500_ (resized).jpg
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

Saw this one story from sonic perspectives where it was announced that Ozzy Osbourne will be doing a signing at the stern booth for Comic-Con . Does that mean some sort of Ozzy/Black Sabbath title is coming soon?

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/news/ozzy-osbourne-to-make-comic-con-international-debut-in-san-diego/?fbclid=IwAR0oKWxRlOICBuZyPZkxkLElL-YI22U4H-d48r6fchHwd381ZWyIBuB2Yhw

A8051956-833D-45D6-9B21-8B1F59F25DC3 (resized).pngA8051956-833D-45D6-9B21-8B1F59F25DC3 (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

Praying to the Dark Lord for Sabbath.

#3 1 year ago

There was a rumor Ozzy was doing the soundtrack for Venom.

#4 1 year ago

May just crap my pants if this is true.
    Bring on Ozzy!
    9F69DAC0-B3A3-4D51-96AE-6CEFD4AE17B6 (resized).jpeg9F69DAC0-B3A3-4D51-96AE-6CEFD4AE17B6 (resized).jpeg

#5 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20220720-224010 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220720-224010 (resized).png
    #6 1 year ago

I mean, obviously there's a new Ozzy pin coming out. Too bad, I was hoping for Sabbath. But it should be interesting to see what's included here. Based on Ozzy's past licensing costs, I'm predicting this is gonna be a Led Zeppelin type layout

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean, obviously there's a new Ozzy pin coming out. Too bad, I was hoping for Sabbath. But it should be interesting to see what's included here. Based on Ozzy's past licensing costs, I'm predicting this is gonna be a Led Zeppelin type layout

I don’t think there’s an Ozzy pin coming out.

Just friends / Allies sharing a booth.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why is that obvious? The machines in that booth are mando

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I would be in 100% if it is Sabbath.....Ozzy....nah.

#10 1 year ago

It's a tie-in promotion with Venom for Ozzy's new vinyl release which has Todd McFarlane cover art.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It's a tie-in promotion with Venom for Ozzy's new vinyl release which has Todd McFarlane cover art.

Yes, which I just ordered. It looks cool. Who knows if it’ll suck most latter day Ozzy is pretty unmemorable. Looking forward to the track with Tony Iommi.

It’s a “convention exclusive” that you can buy from ozzys website. That doesn’t seem too exclusive!

B9F7D5E7-7AF6-42C1-9F9C-2739F81CAD2C (resized).jpegB9F7D5E7-7AF6-42C1-9F9C-2739F81CAD2C (resized).jpeg
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think there’s an Ozzy pin coming out.
    Just friends / Allies sharing a booth.

Yep... I guess you're right. After all, Ozzy and Gary go WAY back!

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, which I just ordered. It looks cool. Who knows if it’ll suck most latter day Ozzy is pretty unmemorable. Looking forward to the track with Tony Iommi.
    It’s a “convention exclusive” that you can buy from ozzys website. That doesn’t seem too exclusive!
    [quoted image]

If I read the press release correctly (and despite what the website obviously says), I think a shirt is the convention exclusive, not the single

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep... I guess you're right. After all, Ozzy and Gary go WAY back!

Cute!

Gary isn't the guy who does the licensing. And the licensing guys have a lot of friends. Someone else pointed out that a few years ago they did a similar co-booth with Slayer...no SLayer pin was revealed.

If they were revealing an Ozzy pin, there'd probably be an Ozzy pin there instead of a few old Mandos and Godzillas? At least that's how I'd do it!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I read the press release correctly (and despite what the website obviously says), I think a shirt is the convention exclusive, not the single

Ah that makes sense. The album isn't even out yet so it's not like you'd be able to buy it at SDCC anyway.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cute!
    Gary isn't the guy who does the licensing. And the licensing guys have a lot of friends.

Yes, thought it was clear it was a joke? Obviously Jody worked on the deal

#16 1 year ago

Yeah… Stern had Slayer at their booth years ago and I’m still waiting. Wake me up whenever that or Sabbath happens! Although after being a careless NOOB theme whore and losing my shirt dumping my Halloween I’ll be waiting a bit longer to actually play whatever the next music pin is after announcement before committing. But based on Rush and Zeppelin I have faith in whatever the next dad metal pin is!

#17 1 year ago

Today’s the day, right? Ozzy to support Todd McFarlane’s Venom with his own song Patient Nine. Hoping that Stern will announce upcoming Venom title, tell us who is working on it and their rolls.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Today’s the day, right?

For Ozzy to sign some lithographs at SDCC? It's tomorrow.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

For Ozzy to sign some lithographs at SDCC? It's tomorrow.

Do you know what time?

#20 1 year ago

If you really want to know whats happening ask Sharon.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do you know what time?

This is the schedule Stern posted:

3bfc7e8615aacf26bd6b8788b30f42185e7698a2 (resized).jpg3bfc7e8615aacf26bd6b8788b30f42185e7698a2 (resized).jpg
    #22 1 year ago

Definately in on an ozzy, bring it

#23 1 year ago

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-ready-to-flip-out-stern-pinball-announces-san-diego-international-comic-con-2022-schedule-and-activities-301589947.html

I can’t see any reason myself that Ozzy would share a booth here unless a project is upcoming other than a comic book. Imo.

#24 1 year ago

I had kind of sworn off buying new pins for a while and then I see this.
    If an Ozzy pin is indeed coming, I’m in for certain.
    Guess we will see.

#25 1 year ago

Funny story.
    So my mom became a huge fan of the Osbournes TV show when it came out. I remember going to visit my parents and my mom was sitting on the couch watching it and my mom says something to the affect of “that Sharon is really a pistol” and “I really like her she’s a strong woman”.
    Kind of blew my mind because in the 80s my brother an I had to hide Ozzy records from our mom because back then she said Ozzy was an agent of the Devil. She referenced the biting the heads off of bats and all the normal stuff Christian parents parroted that they had heard from someone else. Funny how things change.

#26 1 year ago

Ozzy by himself is a pretty crummy idea because he doesn't have any iconography like the other bands. You knewm you were getting 20 Eddies with Maiden & KISS stuff looks cool. All Ozzy does is have horrible hair and mugs the camera...spooky!
    I guess Metallica pulled it off with Sparky though.
    Imagine its just Venom though

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I had kind of sworn off buying new pins for a while and then I see this....

If Pinside had a physical temple, this would be inscribed into the entrance.

#28 1 year ago

Ozzy is too soft

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

If Pinside had a physical temple, this would be inscribed into the entrance.

Yeah, I know.
    Its pretty cliche, but it is what it be.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I had kind of sworn off buying new pins for a while and then I see this.
    If an Ozzy pin is indeed coming, I’m in for certain.
    Guess we will see.

When my wife heard about this, she sighed something about retirement...

#31 1 year ago

Yay, another septuagenarian that Gary Stern gets to add to his rolodex.

At least El Hijo Del Santo is in his 50s.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Ozzy is too soft

Appreciate his early stuff. Biting bats and snorts ants was always grade A rock star schtick in my book.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Appreciate his early stuff. Biting bats and snorts ants was always grade A rock star schtick in my book.

Don’t forget… he pissed on The Alamo… was banned from playing in San Antonio for like 20 years. He wrote the book on debauchery….Even Motley Crue couldn’t keep up with him….he bit the head off a dove too.

#34 1 year ago

Still waiting...

hqdefault (1) (resized).jpghqdefault (1) (resized).jpg5182VSyGE6L (resized).jpg5182VSyGE6L (resized).jpg71cja17D5gL._SS500_ (resized).jpg71cja17D5gL._SS500_ (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #35 1 year ago

If there is ONE "Rock Legend" whom I cannot stand (on a personal level) it's Ozzy. Absolute piece of garbage human being.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Still waiting...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

my favorite band. tattoos and everything. but it's not a good theme for a pin

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Ozzy is too soft

That's what she said.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

That's what she said.

She (being Sharon) would have to say it….you can’t understand a fucking thing Ozzy says anyway. The call outs would be HORRIBLE….

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

She (being Sharon) would have to say it….you can’t understand a fucking thing Ozzy says anyway. The call outs would be HORRIBLE….

haha. Will need closed caption option.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

ball drain callout is Ozzy screaming Sharon

#41 1 year ago

Ozzy is hilarious I think his callouts would be too.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

ball drain callout is Ozzy screaming Sharon

Exactly because that’s the only intelligible word he says at the end of every sentence. Running joke for those that know.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

She (being Sharon) would have to say it….

meh she had Randy to do the heavy lifting for her

#44 1 year ago

This whole thing is admittedly really weird, but unless Stern intends to go completely against type and leave their distros completely in the dark about a title, for the first time in their history, there isn't an Ozzy pin being introduced this weekend.

#45 1 year ago

Ozzy's last good album was 1983. Over 40 years ago.

His albums since 1986 are all crap sung by teased-hair Ozzy.

The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpgThe_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg

The_ultimate_sin (resized).jpgThe_ultimate_sin (resized).jpg
    #46 1 year ago

People really acting like Ozzy hasn’t done anything good since 1979 He’s the damn Prince of Darkness!

Give me Ozzy over Foo Fighters, or Rush, or Zeppelin… or 99% of an other musical act.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

People really acting like Ozzy hasn’t done anything good since 1979 He’s the damn Prince of Darkness!
    Give me Ozzy over Foo Fighters, or Rush, or Zeppelin… or 99% of an other musical act.

What's your favorite Ozzy song since older than 1986?

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Not that it actually
    Matters with legacy acts (does anybody care that Metallica hasn’t put out anything good In 30 years? Didn’t seem to affect the game much) but I’ll go ahead and posit that the last great Ozzy album is in fact 1992’s No More Tears.

No rest for the wicked was pretty good also (1988).

And he hasn’t had “teased hair” since about 1989, when everybody besides Lemmy and AC/DC also were loaded for bear with aqua net.

Come on man! Just because you stopped paying attention in 1986 doesn’t mean everybody else did. No more tears went quad platinum for bat’s sake!

You must still be mad at KISS for “going disco!”

#49 1 year ago

Most of Ozzies non Sabbath hits are from 1991 IMO. But crazy train, momma I’m coming home and mister Crowley I really like. I also find close your eyes with Lita Ford pretty catchy. Still would much rather have Pink Flloyd but I do not really buy new pins at these market prices…

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Make it greatest hits. Doesn’t have to be senior citizen Ozzy.

“Shot in the Dark” with Tommy style flipper blinders or the playfield GI goes off.

“Bark at the Moon” where you have to find the werewolf.

There’s a lot to draw from.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ozzy-osborne-pinball-incoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.