• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• OXO Williams, 1973
#1 10 years ago

My OXO works perfectly except it does not score 5000 points (but does add an extra ball) after scoring 3 X's or 3 O's in a row and hitting the hole. It usually, say 80% of the time, scores 1000, occasionally, say 10% scores 2000 and the rest of the time scores nothing. I have looked at the schematic, wondered if it involved 5 pulses from the score wheel, cleaned those switches but still no luck. I will continue to scour the schematic as I would prefer to solve these on my own but....

#2 10 years ago

BTW, sorry for the double posting of this topic, I accidentally hit enter but thought it denied the entire entry. Oh well.

#3 10 years ago

I don't have a schematic for your rig, but my guess is that the 1000 pt relay receives 5 pulses triggering he score reel 5 times.

My guess is a half rotation of the score motor pulses it 5 times.

So you need to check those. I saw a machine that certain bumps on the score motor wouldn't trigger th relay. They could be worn or the switch just a little wide.

But it may no be the score motor or relay at all.

If the reel isn't reacting fast enough it might be missing pulses. Could be gummed up and sluggish.

Just a thought.

#4 10 years ago

Clean/check your Extra ball relay M&B.
Also check /clean the score motor impulse C

#5 10 years ago

Pin-it, good call on the score motor, it works fine now. Somewhere in cleaning the switches however, I created a new mildly bothersome problem. About 25% of the time, the game now is awarding bonus as if all nine Os or Xs have been scored when in fact only 2 or 3 or 4 have been. This is sometimes but not always accompanied by the special lights lighting. Any thoughts??

#6 10 years ago

In order for the specials to light,all squares must be lit. The bonus steps up each time the advance relay pulses.
Does any vibration trigger any bonus step up? Maxing out the bonus is what lights the special, Check the gap on the advance relay contacts.

#7 10 years ago

Special seems to go on at will but especially when the ball is being bounced around between pop bumpers. Once on, it will score 9000 bonus on ball drain. Otherwise, it is scoring one or two extra thousands of bonus at the end of each and every ball.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from timmyvee:

Special seems to go on at will but especially when the ball is being bounced around between pop bumpers.

Check the advance relay? Its mounted to the playfield,check the relay switch gaps.

#9 10 years ago

I have nothing to offer but...

Played this game tonight at Clay's VFW. Awesome game! Hope you get it running 100% soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oxo-5000-point-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.