(Topic ID: 166436)

Owning the same machine twice , would you ?

By Pinballgeek

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hougie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you own the same machine twice”

• Yes 141 votes
    91%
  • No 14 votes
    9%

(155 votes)

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

BSD: 2 times

JM: 3 times.

Guilty and proud!

#52 7 years ago

I would have some games again. yes Some left because they either just suck or wanted something else. Seeing that space and money seem to be the major issue in this hobby the games come and go. If you had the perfect world space and money not being an issue i would bet many of the past games would be back for all of us pinheads.

#53 7 years ago

I owned the very same Williams Grand Prix 3 times until I finally got my fill. If somebody is looking for an EM that plays similar to a more modern game, that is the one.

Shadow is another game I had to have twice before I had had enough.

#54 7 years ago

Fish Tales x2
Shaq Attaq x2

#55 7 years ago

So far I have not....but I'm certainly not opposed to it. There are probably 7 games or so on my former list that were fun enough to own again.

#56 7 years ago

Yep several times, and I'll probably get another STTNG again one day. Flash Gordon I now have back and it probably won't leave again.

I've even had 4 Space Invaders (at once) due to some odd timed purchases. I don't have any of those now and probably won't have a Space Invaders again.

Funny thing is I have two NBAFB right now, of course they are linked so they play completely different than the other machines. Not sure how long they will stay since I view it as more of a novelty, but my son really likes them together. Most likely I'll purchase some other pin (maybe an AMH) that he and I both really like and then sell the NBAs to make room. That is the number one reason I get rid of anything is I need the room to get something new...

#57 7 years ago

Ditto on the Flash Gordon. I had a very nice example, sold it, and always wanted another one. Just bought a nice fixer, and I won't sell it again. Also on my second TZ - same story... Sold a mint El Dorado [stupid of me], that's another one one I have in mind as a re-own.

#58 7 years ago

Since I've bought twice without even selling once, that would be a yes, lol.

Nice to upgrade to a better example, or have a double for trades...

#59 7 years ago

Totally man I would love to get another Paragon! You have a big advantage when you've owned it once and know the machine, you know what to look out for much easier!

#60 7 years ago

Paragon x2
Embryon x2
Skateball x2
EBD x2
BK x2
JD x2
IJ x2

#61 7 years ago

Absolutely. My biggest issue (besides funds) is space. I have owned TZ, TAF, CP, Met and STLE and now just have TRON. I'd buy TZ, TAF and CP again in a heartbeat and Met and STLE under the right conditions. With limited space it makes sense to move pins in and out to keep the interest in the hobby going. I will say TRON is one that will prob never leave, unless it's for the TRONLE.

#62 7 years ago

Scared Stiff x2
Cirqus Voltaire x2
Whitewater x3
Fast Draw x2
Banzai Run x2

Current line-up still has 2 Whitewater, 2 Cirqus Voltaire and 2 Scared Stiffs

#63 7 years ago

Yep...At one point I sold my Jurassic Park to fund a Johnny Mnemonic. I discovered I liked Jurassic Park more so I sold the Johnny Mnemonic and re-bought Jurassic Park. I'm still discovering what I like. Perhaps more importantly, I'm still discovering why I like certain machines more then others. I'm still not sure, but what I think theme integration matters more then I originally thought. Besides points I want to understand why I'm hitting a shot. Even with EMs, I prefer a game like King Pin / Pin Up where drop targets represent bowling pins. I like concepts that are easy to understand.

#64 7 years ago

I've owned 3 different Black Knights, I'm about to buy ST:TNG again, 2 Meteors, and 2 Firepowers. Generally it's because I sell a game when I feel I'm done playing it, then I see a deal on it pop up and I realize I miss it in my collection, so I snap it up again. Usually it's many years apart.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's owned two of the same game at the same time

#65 7 years ago

I've had a LOT of games twice. I don't really understand the question, honestly. If pinball is your hobby, any game is worth owning, buying, fixing up again, selling... whatever your desire. I have had High Speed and Secret Service the most. I think I'm up to having had 3 or 4 of each of those now.

Same time... I've had two of the same game, at the same time, something like 8 times.

#66 7 years ago

If I sold a game to someone I know, and they truly did not like it, I would buy it back. As long as it has not been damaged or devalued by their actions.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If I sold a game to someone I know, and they truly did not like it, I would buy it back. As long as it has not been damaged or devalued by their actions.

Been there done that !

#68 7 years ago

TAF x 2, sold to get a nicer one (still have it ;-})
TZ x 2, sold to get a nicer one (still have it ;-})
MB x 3, each time to get a nicer one (still have 1 ;-})
CV x 3, each time to get a nicer one (regret selling #2 , should have done a PF/Cabinet swap & still have 1 & its never leaving the collection ;-})
IJ x 2, sold to get a nicer one (no longer have it)

#69 7 years ago

Looks like I will be owning my old Ripley's again.

Because as everybody knows, a collection should have at least one DMD game.

#70 7 years ago

I would like to own a Whirlwind and Whitewater again also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owning-the-same-machine-twice-would-you/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.