(Topic ID: 45998)

Owning the same game more than once?????

By mmuglia

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was just wondering if I am the only person that has this weird pinball problem. There are a few games that I've sold that I regret selling. On several occasions, I regretted selling the game so much that I purchased the game for a second time. When owning it the second time, the game did not seem as enjoyable as when I owned it the first time. Games that I've owned more than once and did not enjoy the second time owning them include Sopranos, Devil's Dare, WPT, and IM. The game that shocked me the most was IM. I knew I would own another IM immediately after I sold it, and when I bought it back from the guy I sold it to, I just didn't enjoy it as much the second time, so I sold it again.

One game that I have owned twice and wish I still had is BSD. When I find another one, it will never leave my collection.

I currently own BDK for the second time. My wife LOVES this game and I really enjoy this game more the second time owning it.

Pinball is a strange hobby, but I enjoy the ride!

#2 11 years ago

I have done this, but not exactly the same circumstances. I had a TFTC that I gave up on a trade to get a game I really wanted because the guy was only interested in trading. A few years later I picked up another TFTC in a bulk buy and decided to keep it.

I also had 2 TZ's at one point. I had the first one for years and it was my favorite game, but it had some cosmetic flaws. I ended up finding a cherry condition TZ for $1800 that needed some flipper work. I transferred all my mods over, fixed it up, then promptly sold my old TZ.

I haven't actually sold a game because I didn't like it anymore and then change my mind later, though. I don't have any regrets about the games I've decided to part with.

Brian

#3 11 years ago

I've owned multiples of several games at the same time..

I've sold a few and thought I would like to own them again someday, like HS2, DH, Radical, BSD

#4 11 years ago

Sold TFLE but regret it. Coming back.

#5 11 years ago

Sold IM.Missed it ,so bought another one.Like it much better 2nd time around.

#6 11 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship with TZ. I have owned 2, sold them both, and will likely be buying another soon.

I am on my 2nd TRON LE, and this one isn't leaving.

I am on my 3rd TAF, but I only moved them past ones to buy a nicer example.

#7 11 years ago

I still miss my BDK.

#8 11 years ago

Tron LE

CV

LOTR

AFM

Those are the four that I've owned previously and brought back in because I missed them a lot. I'd say IM would be the other one that probably has the best chance of coming back at some point.

#9 11 years ago

I've brought back a few games before... currently on my second TAF, ToM, RFM, and CV. Also have owned more than one in the past of PZ, DH, Monopoly, JP, WWind, ES, FH, SWT, and STTNG

#10 11 years ago

Sold and then bought again no. But I have bought the same pin while still owning the first one. I did this with JP to upgrade upgrade to a nicer pin. I bought another IJ last week as it is in nicer shape. Now I just have to sell the first one.

#11 11 years ago

How about 3 AFM's, 3 CFTBL's and 2 MM's. Each time I told myself they would never leave my collection. All are gone. Each time they did lose a little enjoyability. Good thing there are lots of games to choose from to fill the void.-Joe

#12 11 years ago

Haven't had that urge to buy a pin that I previously owned, but I have only been buying pins for about 2 years.

#13 11 years ago

Oh, I have also owned 2 LOTRs. Sold my LE and missed it, so I found a HUO standard, that I actually much prefer.

#14 11 years ago

The only game I have brought back again for a second time is TSPP. I didn't enjoy it at all early in my collecting and enjoying it much more second time around and appreciate all it has to offer. Other games I would entertain again would be DM, JM, JD, Shadow, WH20 and XM.

#15 11 years ago

Did that with both GnR and BSD. Owned both twice. GnR got traded for MM in December, but if I had a chance I'd probably buy it again! Nature of the pinball collecting beast I think. It ebbs and flows.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Oh, I have also owned 2 LOTRs. Sold my LE and missed it, so I found a HUO standard, that I actually much prefer.

What do you prefer on the standard over the LE?

I had the LE first and sold it and have a standard now too. I much prefer the LE.

#17 11 years ago

Happens to me more than I would like to admit-

Whitewater- 2x
    Fishtales- 3x
    Funhouse-3x

I enjoy them for about the first week, and then I get bored with them after that. I have no idea why it is mainly these three titles, but it seems like I must have better memories of them than actual gameplay enjoyment.

#18 11 years ago

Oh yeah, forgot about Space Shuttle.....

3x (3rd time is a charm though, I got impatient waiting on playfields on the previous two)...

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

What do you prefer on the standard over the LE?
    I had the LE first and sold it and have a standard now too. I much prefer the LE.

I was never a big fan of that Stern brass. I don't know, exactly. The figures are nice on the Standard, and I definitely prefer the translite on the Standard, even if there isn't much of a difference. Also, the brighter orange Balrog really stands out. My standard has a shaker and runs the good code, though.

#20 11 years ago

Oh yeah WCS94 x 2, BSD x 2, DH x 3, HH x 2, RF x 2 my wife says I have pinball ADD.

#21 11 years ago

You're not alone! I've owned black hole and fish tales twice and have bought a pinball magic while owning one to upgrade what I had.

It happens.

Dave

#22 11 years ago

WH20 (I'm on my 3rd, and it's a keeper)

CP (on my 2nd, and it's a keeper)

STTNG (owned one, sold it, owned another, sold it- I'm good now)

FH (same as STTNG, have owned two- I'm good)

T2 (owned 3 over the years, none now- who knows?)

...only games which I've sold and might definitely come back eventually are LOTR and JP. If I found a really nice T2, then maybe, but seems like most are beat to hell, and the ones that aren't are overvalued these days.

#23 11 years ago

Bought a BSD many years ago and sold it only because of condition. Was patient and found one in great shape. I had a funhouse that was in terrible shape and would buy a nice one in a minute at the right price.

#24 11 years ago

CV, IJ, SS all twice. Probably one or two others!

#25 11 years ago

It's called "Coasterguy Syndrome".

#26 11 years ago

I sold my Bally Space Invaders and now I actually really miss it. I'm sure there will be another in my collection in the near future.

#27 11 years ago

CV, TSPP, Tron LE, FG, Spiderman (upgraded to Black from Red however).

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from mmuglia:

One game that I have owned twice and wish I still had is BSD. When I find another one, it will never leave my collection.

That's the one game I've sold, missed, and re-bought (a better one hehe).

There are a couple (TSPP & WH2O) where I bought better ones to replace the one I had.

I've missed a few that I've sold...just in the sense that I wouldn't mind playing them again a few times....but generally no regrets - if I sold it, I don't need to own it again.

#29 11 years ago

i sold my gilligan's island, missed it, and actually bought back the same one that i sold.

and just last week i sold my BSD. i needed the money, but i knew even before i sold it that i would be in the market for one again someday.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It's called "Coasterguy Syndrome".

It's made it's way over to the west "coast" too...

As for me,
    I made the mistake of selling SS once but, at least I was able to improve upon the old one.
    As long as you can find a nicer replacement, no harm no foul!

#31 11 years ago

I have had
    2 MM
    2AFM
    2 TZ
    3 SS
    3 WH20
    5 POTC
    4 TSPP

#32 11 years ago

I've owned over half the games in my history list twice (and some even 3 times). They're fun and space is an issue. Can't keep em' all.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

They're fun and space is an issue.

"Space, the finite frontier..."

#34 11 years ago

I'm on my 7th Flintstones and 9th Whodunnit!

#35 11 years ago

I don't want a second tron or fishtales but I would love to have another BBH. I really miss mine.

#36 11 years ago

For me, due to current prices, once it's gone it's gone for good.

#37 11 years ago

I did the same thing with LOTR. Fortunately I came out ahead on both of them. But the room just seemed so empty without LOTR after the NIB one left that I had to get another one. A year later I needed room and was tired of it again so it left to make room for Elvis to freshen up the collection.

#38 11 years ago

I'd like a NF & FT again.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sold TFLE but regret it. Coming back.

Same here. Mine is in shipment.

#40 11 years ago

Hmm... I sold my Road Kings. Bought one back quite soon, bought 2 others (so I have 3 now), but that also has to do with the fact that I want to make a really nice one for the custom Road Kings 2.0 (P-ROC) project. That was the reason I bought the 2nd. The 3th was not expensive and the playfield was a bit better, so I've owned 4 Road Kings, and still have 3 :p.

Other than that: I plan on keeping BSD, Stargate and DrWho. One game I've sold that I might buy again is WWF Royal Rumble, but I don't miss it enough to go searching for it (and besides, I don't have space enough).
    Other games I sold I still like, but I don't think I'll buy them again (Future Queen, Street Fighter, Striker Xtreme)

#41 11 years ago

i have owned a TZ in the past but it had a badly damaged playfield and more flaws. When i find a TZ with a nice cabinet, playfield and the right price i will definately but it again.

that is probably sofar the only game i have owned in the past i will buy again. The other games i dont miss at all

#42 11 years ago

Tron Pro twice......

#43 11 years ago

Oh, you are definately not alone, LOL

I have had:

4 Black Knight machines
    2 Black Knight 2000
    2 Fire!

Hopefully soon I will add Mousin' Around to the list!

LOL

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owning-the-same-game-more-than-once and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.