• IM pro 15 votes
    48%
  • JP pro 16 votes
    52%

(31 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

07820617-1CFF-4C6D-9FEE-B0CEDDF2A29A.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've owned Maiden & JP since each was newly released, love both, never selling either. So I speak with love for both of them, but no jilted ex-owner bias.

Jurassic Park, hands down. Maiden is an all-time great game, but I wouldn't say it's especially deep, by modern standards. Fun every time you walk up to it, but from a rules standpoint you'll probably have a similar experience most times you play, unless you're a good enough player to occasionally reach Number of the Beast.
JP is like 3D chess. I can play it five times in a row and have five totally different games depending on where I focus my progress. There are two different mode groups/ladders, plus the dino paddocks (think MM castles, except you have to chase them around the playfield), three strikingly different main multiballs, more mini wizard modes than you can shake a stick at, fossils to collect, the constant stress of rescues, perks dependent on which island path you choose, and overall what I would call a very "textural" style of gameplay where the individual choices you make weave together to create countless different combinations.
It's hard for me to imagine a more rewarding pinball experience. JP has all the story/progress depth of a game like LOTR, with the blow-it-up score potential we've grown to love in modern games. Anything can pay off huge or be a total bust. There are no gimme score strategies. You'll earn everything, and love it.

I Agree with Yancy and that is why I would choose Iron Maiden. Overly complex rules in pinball make me lose interest in the game. Iron Maiden has a perfect rule set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owning-jurassic-park-versus-owning-iron-maiden?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.