Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

I don't have many issues pop up with my games til yesterday. Started to notice a burning smell in the gameroom. (all the games were on) Started sniffing around and found that it was coming from Monster Bash. Uh Oh... pressed off a game, game started but no ball ejects from the trough. Shit... open the coin door and try to slap the eject plunger to see if it would throw out a ball manually. Plunger sticks half way through it's stroke. OK sniff the open coin door and yep this is definitely it. Removed the coil from the trough. Yep definite melt down. Damn thing must have locked on for awhile. Install a new coil (I happen to have one in my coil box). Start a new game... no ball eject... shit... Ok at this point I need the manual to check the solenoid table to find out what Transistor fires the Trough Coil. OK... here it is... Q44 (TIP 102) "famous for failing especially in short state" Remove power driver board... Yep Q44 is a crispy critter. Soldier in a TIP120 (much better transistor) Reinstall power driver board. (carefully making sure all plugs are installed correctly) fire up the game in test mode. Trough Coil fires properly! YAY! Play a couple of games, all is good! This is a typical failure that doesn't happen all that often. But with the right tools and a little experience you can make this repair just the same. The first time you can post it up on here and we will walk you through it. So go buy some pins!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owning-a-pin-?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.