Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

If you buy a solid working game, financial parts costs should be pretty low, but if you are new you will likely spend some time and effort on diagnosis and repair time.

That said, depending on what you already have at home there are some tools you'll want to have that will obviously cost money (multimeter with continuity tone, soldering iron, and "general" tools such as screwdrivers, socket set, wire strippers, etc.).

Like everyone else has said, there will at a bare minimum be basic adjustments and repairs like a switch needed realigned, wire came loose, etc. as you are launching a metal ball into plastic, mechanical, and electrical parts...that's just the cost of doing business .

I dont think most people (myself included) knew much if anything about maintenance and repair but there are so many resources out there that if you have the willingness and desire to learn, you'll be comfortable and on helping others in no time. I was scared to even change a bulb when I got my first game 3 years ago and last year I finished putting a Taxi back together that was literally in boxes and had 3 partially working MPUs that I needed to combine into one. If you are willing to learn you'll be just fine. Patience is key!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owning-a-pin-?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.