• Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_1993_Twilight_Zone_Manual.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Have owned TZ for 2 weeks of which it has been playable 1 week. First week was used for troubleshooting and cleaning&waxing playfield, renewing all rubbers, flipper rebuild and new polished pinballs. Have already reached LITZ 3 times, of which two times today, last ones score almost 2 billion.

I have factory settings with 3 balls in play. Playfield pitch is normal (bubble in middle). Software version is 9.2 and outlanes are normal (wide).

I thought TZ would be harder, but it might be that I am missing some settings that should be taken into account ? Should I use tournament mode or hard settings ? Whats your setup ?

#2 11 years ago

Maybe you're just that good? My TZ is pitched at 7.5 with factory setting and kicks my ass on a daily basis.

#3 11 years ago

I enjoy My TZ also ,, I seldom get LITZ ,, Sell it if it's Too Easy for ya !!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from pinjan:

Have owned TZ for 2 weeks of which it has been playable 1 week. First week was used for troubleshooting and cleaning&waxing playfield, renewing all rubbers, flipper rebuild and new polished pinballs. Have already reached LITZ 3 times, of which two times today, last ones score almost 2 billion.
I have factory settings with 3 balls in play. Playfield pitch is normal (bubble in middle). Software version is 9.2 and outlanes are normal (wide).
I thought TZ would be harder, but it might be that I am missing some settings that should be taken into account ? Should I use tournament mode or hard settings ? Whats your setup ?

Just sell it. That game is way too easy for you...

From now on only buy the deepest of the deep!!

I have played TZ hundred and hundreds of times LITZ only once...

#5 11 years ago

Put the glass back on. lol Just kidding. I have had mine a few months now this is the 2nd one I have owned and I have never reached LITZ. I am good at buying games not playing them. TZ kicks my ass on a regular basis.

I bought a sweet CV a few years ago brought it home got to the end on the first game that I played had it for a few years and never saw the end again.

#6 11 years ago

Not gonna sell this pin anytime soon if ever, it is anyway very enjoyable machine and my family likes it a lot. There is so much to do and every game is so different. Even you reach LITZ, journey there is always full of surprises.

I think I might remove posts from outlanes as per PAPA TZ, atleast when really training :
http://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=papa%20twilight%20zone&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CA4QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjDyPfUZx7c4&ei=sVicT_X4Oemm4gTRsdypDg&usg=AFQjCNHef--iegJRvJBxD5_WZ2tWV6URjA

#7 11 years ago

I've had mine running for about 4-5 months since restoring it. Im playing it regularly too and I think I've only come within two door panels... and only once!
Horseshoes and hand grenades!!!

#8 11 years ago

Set it up like that PAPA vid and show us the vid if you get over a billion with the outlane posts removed no extra balls and set the software setting to difficult.

#9 11 years ago

Set it up hard. No door panels awarded, no loop awards(can't remember the name). I had mine set up very hard and still got LITZ frequently. It is a very beatable game and I got bored with mine. Great pin just not the deepest.

#10 11 years ago

Set the outlanes to hardest. Use white rubbers if you dont already use them. Carnauba wax on the pf and a new set of balls for a speedier flow.

#11 11 years ago

If you play regularly what game does not get old? you just need more pins, figure-out space and finances and away you go!!

#12 11 years ago

I got LITZ the first night I brought mine home. TZ was crazy fun for the first month and then it got old. Get TSPP if you want an unbeatable pin!

#13 11 years ago

Same here. I kept mine a few months, but once I got LITZ 3 times in one game I knew it was time to go. That and 1/2 the modes aren't worth playing.

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I got LITZ the first night I brought mine home. TZ was crazy fun for the first month and then it got old

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I got LITZ the first night I brought mine home. TZ was crazy fun for the first month and then it got old

This is the reason I sold mine. Well had a money sitch but was going to sell it anyways. TZ is a good game. But can be beaten very quickley. Has alot of content to the game tho and that makes it fun. Prob would buy again if the price was right but I would say it is low on my list. Not even in my top 10 at the current moment.

#15 11 years ago

increase the pitch, remove the outlane posts. sell it if you get bored with it.

#16 11 years ago

Damn it! All of these people bored with TZ and I can't find one to buy to save my life!

Come on... How about some PA/MD pinheads that are bored with TZ!

Chris

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Set it up like that PAPA vid and show us the vid if you get over a billion with the outlane posts removed no extra balls and set the software setting to difficult.

This will take some time. Took posts away today + SW to hard. Scores around 100 -200 million. Now there is really some challenge to play. Haven't increased pitch yet, so there is still some adjustments left to make it harder if needed.

Quoted from pinster68:

Set the outlanes to hardest. Use white rubbers if you dont already use them. Carnauba wax on the pf and a new set of balls for a speedier flow.

Check, all done already

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Get TSPP if you want an unbeatable pin!

Thanks for proposal. Might be hard to find around here but will buy it for sure if one pop's up. Other one might be LOTR that might be harder or BSD. Themes are though better in TSPP and LOTR.

Quoted from davewtf:

increase the pitch, remove the outlane posts. sell it if you get bored with it

No need to increase pitch, seems to be enough challenging without outlane posts. Not gonna sell this. Just needs to be dialled in

#18 11 years ago

Increasing the pitch on some games make them easier. It can reduce side-to-side action and side drains.

Quoted from davewtf:

increase the pitch

#19 11 years ago

Well, I've had TSPP for a few weeks now and I've gotten to Alien Invasion once, and my game is set hard. If you dial in to a specific game, it's not impossible to dominate it, but wait a week or two and come back and see what happens.

If you are looking for a challenge trade your TZ for a BSD. I'm sure someone will work that deal.

#20 11 years ago

Lordnorth...there is one up in Rochester,ny in excellent condition from what I am told for either 4600 or 4800. I bought the guys ToM.

#21 11 years ago

adjust your outlanes to be wider, is it up high enough on the back legs? does it play slow?

#22 11 years ago

I'll admit I get LITZ quite often, but your pitch is wrong.

Bally_1993_Twilight_Zone_Manual.jpgBally_1993_Twilight_Zone_Manual.jpg

#23 11 years ago

OMG, my bubble is in middle, no wonder bolts felt too short on backlegs (needed to put some wood pieces under), my pitch is wrong, around 7.5 degrees ! Gonna fix this tomorrow to 6,5 degrees.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from pinjan:

OMG, my bubble is in middle, no wonder bolts felt too short on backlegs (needed to put some wood pieces under), my pitch is wrong, around 7.5 degrees ! Gonna fix this tomorrow to 6,5 degrees.

6.5 will make it way easier remember!

Never knew this - just checked my pitches. No wonder my AFM and TS are tough - both are set at 8 degrees!!

This is probably worth a new thread.........

#25 11 years ago

TZ should pose at least a moderate challenge to any player with the out lane posts all the way out. Removing them seems extreme. Is the game an early production where the left out lane is blocked by the rubber posts in the jet area? That dramatically increases ball times.

I do remember I would go through spurts where I would get to LITZ several times in a short period, then dry spells where I could not achieve it.

I prefer most games to be between 7 and 8 deg, I like them fast. 6.5 generally is too slow and easy but in some cases they have to be at 6.5 to work correctly. Had my TOTAN cranked up to 12-13 deg for a while, that was very brutal but did add a huge challenge to the game. Was pretty funny to see good players get worked up they could not beat the machine LOL.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from lordnorth:

Damn it! All of these people bored with TZ and I can't find one to buy to save my life!

and they made over 15,000 of them. You would think they would be readily avialible.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

pinjan said:

6.5 will make it way easier remember!

Like somebody said before, increased pitch does not always mean harder. Some pins get easier with increased pitch because the ball will not drain on high value shots if you miss like they are designed to do. I like to keep mine within 1/2 degree of reccomended.

#27 11 years ago

I don't know how you guys get over 7 degrees on your pfs. Are you stacking the rear legs on books or something? With rear levelers the tallest and front levelers all the way in mine barely hit 7. Also it introduces problems like the ball will fly off the wireforms in TAF or IJ on a strong ramp shot.

#28 11 years ago

I'd definitely try on default pitch and settings and adjust from there. It is possible that the dreaded left outlane is less dangerous with a higher pitch.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Increasing the pitch on some games make them easier. It can reduce side-to-side action and side drains.
davewth said:increase the pitch

I haven't noticed that with mine. Was that the case with your's?

#30 11 years ago

TZ is a great game. I have reached LITZ 3 times in the few years I have owned one. I think they could have done more with it, but it is still a pretty cool experience. I really like the DMD intro.

Todd

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Lordnorth...there is one up in Rochester,ny in excellent condition from what I am told for either 4600 or 4800. I bought the guys ToM.

Just a little bit far for me. It is about 6 hours to Rochester. Left a post on the thread he had about it asking him to bring it to Allentown. Didn't hear back on it.

Appreciate you passing on the information though!

Chris

EDIT: Nope, that was a Who?Dunnit in Buffalo that I messaged him about. If you could send me the info for the guy selling TZ, maybe HE would bring it to Allentown. Thanks!

2 months later
#32 11 years ago

Well it took 2 months to reach LITZ with these settings, but finally today I managed to get there !

Settings : outlane post removed, sw factory settings, pitch 7 degrees

Score: 1.272.679.2260 (LITZ once + 5 door panels), LITZ score: 345.711.360

Before today highest score with this settings: 589.735.600

I start to think this game is really keeper. If I reach LITZ again I will set it to Hard. Hands still shaking after a really good game, what a feeling !

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from pinjan:

Have already reached LITZ 3 times, of which two times today, last ones score almost 2 billion.

You shouldn't focus as much on getting LITZ & work on getting a better score. Or at least getting LITZ twice in a game.

#34 11 years ago

When or why haven't you entered into pappa tourneys yet? If your racking up scores like that you could easily kick some butt.. Isn't the world record like 3bil on this game?

#35 11 years ago

My score currently is 4bil and change, so there's no way 3bil is the highest.

I imagine people have flipped this game over plenty of times. I flipped over TAF 4 or 5 times (game was ~4 hours long) but haven't managed anything near that on TZ.

And I agree, if he's that good, we should see his name in the standings soon

#36 11 years ago

I feel the reason LITZ can be theoretically easy to reach (not saying it is easy to reach) is that the shots required to reach LITZ are all centered and none are dangerous.

Depending on the game's set up and slot machine feed, a player can *theoretically* shoot left ramp, right ramp, piano, catch ball from slot machine, left ramp, right ramp, piano over and over and over and never do anything else and reach LITZ.

To reach the LITZ wizard mode a player is not required to ever take a risky shot. Now of course when a shot is missed, it is all about the ability to recover. And if the feed from the slot is erratic that can change the dynamics.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from pinjan:

This will take some time. Took posts away today + SW to hard. Scores around 100 -200 million. Now there is really some challenge to play. Haven't increased pitch yet, so there is still some adjustments left to make it harder if needed.

i'm getting 100-200M with mine set easy. but i suck

#38 11 years ago

It depends on your play style as well. I reach LITZ about 20% of the time I play that machine. I'm good, but I'm not THAT good. It just suits my style. I can gumball combo all day.

But this is on a machine without flaws. For example another TZ in town I play I have never gotten LITZ on, mostly because the ball comes off the wall half the time off the right ramp drop, making a piano shot impossible when it does.

But on both machines the scoop spit will not allow a safe deadpass, so I'm never getting that bonus. It's a 1-time or live catch every ball.

Also: No ball save, and harder settings, wide outlanes.

Ohh.... I've been known to bang-back, so I guess without that included my LITZ rate would drop to 10% maybe even 5%?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Depending on the game's set up and slot machine feed, a player can *theoretically* shoot left ramp, right ramp, piano, catch ball from slot machine, left ramp, right ramp, piano over and over and over and never do anything else and reach LITZ.

Yeah that was kind of my point. If you JUST want to go for LITZ, it isn;t the hardest thing. If you want to take time and get a good score, it's isn;t quite that quick.

#40 11 years ago

Back legs have 2 settings. Make sure you have them in the lower holes.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Back legs have 2 settings. Make sure you have them in the lower holes.

I remember when i first took my legs off and when ready to put them back on saw the extra set of holes back there. I had to stare at it for awhile confused

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/owned-tz-for-2-week-already-3-times-litz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.