Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    thing (resized).png
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Low-Resolution-MM-Dragon (resized).jpg
    Low-Resolution-Things-Hand (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181740 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181859 (1) (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    2019-09-20 16.51.55ps3.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.53.12ps2.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.54.11ps1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

Are you selling the "original blueprints" or copies of the original blueprints? Some of what is said above makes it sound like you are selling the original blueprints yet other comments make it sound like you are selling copies of the original blueprints.

If you are selling the original blueprints I don't understand why you would need permission from Planetary Pinball to sell them. People don't need permission to sell machines they own how are blueprints any different. On the other hand if you are selling copies of the original blueprints I fully understand needing the OK from Planetary Pinball.

Just curious!

#28 4 years ago

I guess what I am getting at is if you sell one of these is that the only one that will be getting sold or will more than one copy of each be available? So it we are talking about a specific blueprint will you be keeping that "original" and making other blueprints from that or will the only copy of that print be the one that is getting sold?

Like selling prints of a painting - there would be move value to the original painting then a numbered copy of that painting.

I get the part about Intellectual Property rights but if you are selling the originals and own them and selling them as art I don't see how Planetary Pinball needs to be involved. It isn't like you are selling these so people can product a couple of that part and even if you were it is easy enough to copy an original part you don't need blueprints to do that.

#36 4 years ago

I think what everyone asking for "special request" needs to understand is going through something like these drawings takes a ton of time. The seller can't page through hundreds or even thousands of blueprints looking for specific items just because someone wants that item. I have the same issue selling used parts. People just don't understand what it is like having thousands of items to dig through trying to find something specific just because someone happens to want it. Give the guy a chance!

I know nothing about this seller but I do know what it is like to be flooded with emails once someone finds out you have something for sale they might want. Put yourself into his shoes and just give him a little time to get things off the ground!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

How is it known that these are "one of a kind" items. I was looking specifically at the AFM ramp print. I collect a good bit of art and pinball art specifically and I just don't see how it can be described as a one off unless it is truly known what exist. COA doesn't really mean a lot if the actual quantity is unknown.

On the plus side these are not copies being made from the original blueprints he is selling them as he is pulling them out of boxes or drawers. The negative side of things is there were likely at least several copies of each because they would have been circulated to different departments as well as to outside vendors.

Sadly it looks like the stuff is sub assemblies and not prints of actual playfield layouts etc which would likely be more money. I don't think his "original" listing price is out of line on these but I don't see any of them bringing "big dollars" because of what they are. Kind of a cool piece of pinball history but how many people are really going to care.

It is nice seeing them being saved instead of going to a landfill but after Planetary Pinball, eBay, Paypal, & Postal Service get their share I doubt if the seller is going to be making much money selling these. Hopefully it will be profitable enough for him to continue but I guess only time will tell.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think it is great that they are being offered up, I am just questioning the COA and want to know how they know these are One of kind items. From what you are saying they most likely are not, which definitely will affect value IMO.

At this point in time they are likely one of a kind (or at least the only one known to exist) but when these were done there were likely a dozen or more copies of any given blueprint. Original would likely have stayed with design department, copies would have be sent to production meetings, machine design department, out for vendor estimates to get production quotes, etc. They do not pass original designs around for all of this they send copies which would be returned to the drafting and design department for revisions.

When OP posted these I wanted to verify he wasn't making copies of these copies and he said he wasn't. That isn't saying there are not other copies in files somewhere else or even second copies of some of these in the piles of stuff he is working through.

When a company makes blueprints there are usually plenty of them for each original drawing. The question is if any of the others have survived. These are not like original drawings of playfield art or backglasses that typically bring hundreds of dollars. These are design department blueprints of sub assemblies and as OP stated above Blueprints are all copies - not the original drawings.

They do have value but I don't see these having a great deal of value beyond something kind of different to hang in your gameroom.

#84 4 years ago

So far bids are much higher than I would have expected and that is great for the seller. I think once the "newness" of these wears off they will sell a lot cheaper. Yes they are one of a kind but there have to be dozens if not hundreds of them for each machine. I guess supply & demand will tell all of us what they are worth over the next few weeks. Not something I am interested in but still interesting to watch.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I honestly couldn't imagine paying over $30.00-$40.00 at the most for any of it. I know they have a certain "coolness" factor to them but, beyond this not so much.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They are cool, and quite honestly I would enjoy having a copy as wall art just as much as owning an original, so I think you price range is probably what I would be looking at also.

Realistically I think the "right price" for these will likely end up settling in at $20 to $40 once the "newness" wears off. I am just hoping that is enough for the OP to continue wanting to sell them. It would be a shame for them to just sit in a pile for another 40 years instead of being enjoyed. Or worse yet sent off for recycling sometime down the road. Time will tell!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/own-a-piece-of-pinball-history-original-blueprints?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.