Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    thing (resized).png
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Low-Resolution-MM-Dragon (resized).jpg
    Low-Resolution-Things-Hand (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181740 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181859 (1) (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    2019-09-20 16.51.55ps3.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.53.12ps2.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.54.11ps1.jpg
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago

So is there a Pinside shop?

#152 4 years ago

I've purchased quite a few treasures from avspin now, and I can't say enough good things. It's amazing to see these documents come to light. I've spent just as much on the items as I have on proper archival framing (acid-free, lignin-free materials and anti-UV glazing) to make sure they're preserved for posterity.

@avspin, do you ever get tired of stapling those caps on the cardboard tubes?

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

So is there a Pinside shop?

There is, but it only has a few items right now, all of which are also listed on the website. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1222-the-pinball-vault

#153 4 years ago

avspin, do you ever get tired of stapling those caps on the cardboard tubes?

Ha! I bought a new hand stapler just for the tubes. I made sure not to get a heavy duty one, I wanted regular staples. My old business was wholesale picture framing and opening those big tubes everyday was pain. So if anyone is looking for animation cels or movie posters let me know. I have tons.

#154 4 years ago

To whomever bought all the Creature blueprints, if you decide you don’t need all of them, hit me up.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

So if anyone is looking for animation cels or movie posters let me know. I have tons.

Any movie posters from 50's sci-fi?

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Any movie posters from 50's sci-fi?

I only have 80s stuff left. The original 50s are hard to come by. Watch out for counterfeit, very common from that era. I do have a Joan of Arc but not sci-fi.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

I only have 80s stuff left. The original 50s are hard to come by. Watch out for counterfeit, very common from that era. I do have a Joan of Arc but not sci-fi.

What do you have for animation cels?

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

What do you have for animation cels?

Production cels from, Marvel and Warner Bros., Signed Chuck Jones & Fritz Freiling, some sericels. Is there a character you are looking for?

#159 4 years ago

I find it very weird how some games have everything selling out right away and other big name games big drawings are just sitting.

#160 4 years ago

Damn I should've bought one of those bsd ones.

#161 4 years ago

avspin do you have any way to do a waiting list for specific game documents?

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

avspin do you have any way to do a waiting list for specific game documents?

I can put you on my list and let you know when I have something.

#163 4 years ago

I have the original Pharaoh playfield pencil drawings. Wasn't someone asking about this? I can't find it on the thread or messages.
    https://www.pinballvault.com/product/pharaoh-original-pencil-playfields-both-upper-lower-signed-by-tony-kraemer/

I also have some auctions ending tonight. CV Ring Master Assembly.
    ebay.com link: pinballvault

#164 4 years ago

Any one that has insight on this, it would be appreciated. So when you buy a drawing and it's rolled in a tube, the COA and invoice are rolled up too, with the drawing. Any chance of that COA or invoice ink bleeding onto the drawing if left in the tube as-is/unopened?

#165 4 years ago

I don't think so, maybe if you drop it in alcohol.
    My order shows NO transfer, but then again I opened it.

#166 4 years ago

It shouldn't. There is not enough pressure against them. I use to ship art the same way and never had any issues. I have autographed movie posters that have been stuck in a 3" tube for 30 years and the ink has not rubbed off onto the back of the poster.

#167 4 years ago

Huge thumbs up for shipping speed. Ordered Bigfoot assembly blueprint on Wed early afternoon, and it went across the country into my gloved hands by Friday evening. Thanks.

9 months later
    #168 3 years ago

What did everyone buy?

2 years later
    #169 1 year ago

I have spent several months going thru the Bally and Williams Pinball archives. A lot of neat items were found. I do have a email list of requested items from Pinsiders. However I do not know how complete the list is since there has been several staff changes here at the Pinball Vault. Even if you have emailed the Pinball Vault in the past I highly suggest that you email [email protected] with your requests. Before we post the items to the website I will send a list of what was found to the email list that I have to give the previous customers first crack at the new items.

Low-Resolution-MM-Dragon (resized).jpgLow-Resolution-MM-Dragon (resized).jpgLow-Resolution-Things-Hand (resized).jpgLow-Resolution-Things-Hand (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #170 1 year ago

Here is the list of new items that will be listed shortly on the vault and in some cases on eBay. I will also email the list to previous customers that have asked for specific items. You can email me at [email protected] and to request a scan of any items you are interested in.
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdfPinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf

#171 1 year ago
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdfPinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf
    1 week later
    #172 1 year ago

We listed 10 original prints up for auction on eBay yesterday. Low starting bid of $25. If interested here is the link for the Cactus Canyon Bad Guy Hat.

ebay.com link: itm

#173 1 year ago

following

#174 1 year ago

These make great gifts IMO, I've purchased several and received several and am always satisfied.

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

We listed 10 original prints up for auction on eBay yesterday. Low starting bid of $25. If interested here is the link for the Cactus Canyon Bad Guy Hat.

Sorry but this has to be said. Are you insuring that you are not selling additional copies of CAD drawings someone already bought in the past couple of years since Pinball Vault opened? I see some discrepancies already with drawings I bought in the past. There could be multiple copies of the same drawing, or slight version changes. We were told that we were buying unique drawings and that subsequent copies would be offered to the original buyer for a small fee or destroyed, but never re-sold to multiple buyers.. Otherwise, refunds might be in order. Hand drawn drawings are a different story entirely, but printed CAD drawings' uniqueness is a trust agreement and has to be enforced. Especially for CAD playfield layout drawings that command a lot of money. I bought the Medievel Madness and the NBA Fastbreak playfield layout drawings but I see them being sold again.

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are you insuring that you are not selling additional copies of CAD drawings someone already bought in the last couple of years? I see some discrepancies already. There could be multiple copies of the same drawing, or slight version changes. We were told that we were buying unique drawings and that subsequent copies would be offered to the original buyer for a small fee or destroyed, but never re-sold to multiple buyers.. Otherwise, refunds might be in order. Hand drawn drawings are a different story entirely, but printed CAD drawings' uniqueness is a trust agreement for those prices.

I was looking at these because I think they are neat. Look at the upper right corner of this drawing on the thing hand (edit to add: from The Addams Family), which I think is pretty neat.

This is a standard schematic, and the upper right corner of these is used for version control. You will see that this is revision 2 of this schematic. The first revision (Rev -) is what you are thinking of as the original drawing. Rev 1 was used to add, "note 3". If you open it up you will see a octagon with a 3 in it next to notes, and the note "Item shown is vendor quantity as indicated". Revision 2 (this version) was updated July 28th, 1999 and was updated to change one reference on the sheet from imperial to metric measurement. If this is an original drawing, the only part that would be original would be the change from imperial to metric in one small part, done seven years after the original drawing schematic was created and shortly before the closing of Bally Williams. This drawing was made when Pinball 2000 was on the line. It does appear to be an authentic Bally Schematic from what I can tell.

thing (resized).pngthing (resized).png

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I was looking at these because I think they are neat. Look at the upper right corner of this drawing on the thing hand, which I think is pretty neat.
    This is a standard schematic, and the upper right corner of these is used for version control. You will see that this is revision 2 of this schematic. The first revision (Rev -) is what you are thinking of as the original drawing. Rev 1 was used to add, "note 3". If you open it up you will see a octagon with a 3 in it next to notes, and the note "Item shown is vendor quantity as indicated". Revision 2 (this version) was updated July 28th, 1999 and was updated to change one reference on the sheet from imperial to metric measurement. If this is an original drawing, the only part that would be original would be the change from imperial to metric in one small part, done seven years after the original drawing schematic was created and shortly before the closing of Bally Williams. This drawing was made when Pinball 2000 was on the line. It does appear to be an authentic Bally Schematic from what I can tell.
    [quoted image]

That's not the point I am making. I am talking about the Pinball Vault's policy regarding selling a CAD drawing that might have multiple copies of the same version or multiple versions of the same drawing and what is it that you are actually buying. Pinball Vault's stated policy:

"If we find another version of the same playfield after the sale, we will contact the original buyer and offer that drawing for a small fee. If the original buyer is not interest then the blueprint will be destroyed. The Pinball Vault will NOT sell multiple versions of the same drawing to different customers."

The same policy applies to additional copies of the same version or revision. A buyer is buying uniqueness not just a copy, that was the handshake agreement. Authenticity was never the concern for me. There could be multiple copies of the same production drawing in the stack of drawings Pinball Vault bought, which were all used at Bally Williams, but when it was sold, all copies and versions were also sold to that buyer. I am not saying inauthentic copies were made after the fact. The drawings are hand signed and hand dated to pin production for authenticity, just not uniqueness guaranteed if it is a CAD drawing. I hope that's clear, I'll take it up with Roger and Steve but just wanted to make some observations here and that there appears to be a mistake. A playfield production drawing that is sold as 1 of 10 to you versus a production drawing that is sold as all the existing copies, versions and revisions to you is the point here. That would affect the price and agreement as well. Pinball Vault should probably have gone thru the whole stack of drawings and inventoried all of it before selling them to keep track of their policy. I think they were just going through some and selling them as they went through partially and that would cause running into issues like this. Or I could be wrong, that's possible too.

#178 1 year ago

This is the main reason why I've never bought one of these drawings, while there cool and all there's a huge risk of paying decent money for one and then there's multiple original copies of it that may have been made that are either "unearthed" or copies that were made so that more could be sold down the road. It's way too risky, but too each there own. I've paid up for original prototype whatever over the years only to have it later reproduced for the masses. It's a hard thing to swallow and it pisses me off quite frankly. So I've decided to just stay clear of these particular drawings and put something else on my walls that hasn't or can't or wont be reproduced because I'm probably the only person out there that likes whatever it is.......LOL.

John

#179 1 year ago

I talked at length with the license holder and we all agree that the language on this policy should have been and will be clarified to avoid misunderstandings. The intent was that direct copies (like from the CAD files) would not be offered for sale to the collector community. If a revision print is discovered then the print would be offered to the original purchaser at a reduced price mainly to recover shipping and handling costs. I do not know of any other business that would offer such a guarantee. This creates a situation where the sale is never finished. If 5 years from now we find a pile of prints with a revision of a part that was sold, we are obligated to track down the original purchaser and offer the print to him. It is a real pain actually but we will honor it within reason.

I looked at the print scan that was sold to KozMckPinball on Pinball Vault. It is by far the most interesting MM playfield print. You can still find it on the Pinball Vault as a "sold" item. I compared it with the two other prints that we recently found. I also discovered that I messed on up the Attack from Mars print on eBay. It is actually MM. The one up on eBay is to show the locations of the factory installed Mylar. There is also a copy of this Mylar print as well. That one will be included at no charge to the buyer. The Mylar scan you can take a look at since it is on eBay right now. The second one is also different from and it shows the locations, colors, and part numbers of the inserts. Currently that print is not been offered for sale.

Based on what the owner of the artwork told me, these two prints would be considered different prints as they are not revisions. However we are only human and can make mistakes. Anyone that has purchased artwork in the past from the Pinball Vault just needs to contact me if they have a complaint. I have found that reasonable people can almost always work things out. What I am not going to do is get drawn into a debate on what constitutes a revision or a original print. What I can tell you that there is zero interest in selling copies of these prints. The future use of the cad files are to remake pinball machines and parts for the pinball community. That is it. Since we had no further use of these drawings the decision was made to offer the originals to the collecting community. We want these to be exclusive one of a kind items and not a mass produced product. Hopefully this provides some clarification on this issue.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

I talked at length with the license holder and we all agree that the language on this policy should have been and will be clarified to avoid misunderstandings. The intent was that direct copies (like from the CAD files) would not be offered for sale to the collector community. If a revision print is discovered then the print would be offered to the original purchaser at a reduced price mainly to recover shipping and handling costs. I do not know of any other business that would offer such a guarantee. This creates a situation where the sale is never finished. If 5 years from now we find a pile of prints with a revision of a part that was sold, we are obligated to track down the original purchaser and offer the print to him. It is a real pain actually but we will honor it within reason.
    I looked at the print scan that was sold to KozMckPinball on Pinball Vault. It is by far the most interesting MM playfield print. You can still find it on the Pinball Vault as a "sold" item. I compared it with the two other prints that we recently found. I also discovered that I messed on up the Attack from Mars print on eBay. It is actually MM. The one up on eBay is to show the locations of the factory installed Mylar. There is also a copy of this Mylar print as well. That one will be included at no charge to the buyer. The Mylar scan you can take a look at since it is on eBay right now. The second one is also different from and it shows the locations, colors, and part numbers of the inserts. Currently that print is not been offered for sale.
    Based on what the owner of the artwork told me, these two prints would be considered different prints as they are not revisions. However we are only human and can make mistakes. Anyone that has purchased artwork in the past from the Pinball Vault just needs to contact me if they have a complaint. I have found that reasonable people can almost always work things out. What I am not going to do is get drawn into a debate on what constitutes a revision or a original print. What I can tell you that there is zero interest in selling copies of these prints. The future use of the cad files are to remake pinball machines and parts for the pinball community. That is it. Since we had no further use of these drawings the decision was made to offer the originals to the collecting community. We want these to be exclusive one of a kind items and not a mass produced product. Hopefully this provides some clarification on this issue.

Thanks Roger this just needed some communication and clarification on the policy which you just did eloquently. I agree with your specific assessment here regarding MM playfield drawings.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

If a revision print is discovered then the print would be offered to the original purchaser at a reduced price mainly to recover shipping and handling costs. I do not know of any other business that would offer such a guarantee. This creates a situation where the sale is never finished. If 5 years from now we find a pile of prints with a revision of a part that was sold, we are obligated to track down the original purchaser and offer the print to him. It is a real pain actually but we will honor it within reason.

Just a kind observation. Knowing the full inventory up-front would make this better structured at the point of sale. Maybe that's not possible though, just my 2 cents. Thanks for your feedback Roger!

2 weeks later
    #182 1 year ago

New one of a kind production drawings up on eBay. Some great Indiana Jones items including the parts break down for the mini playfield, the dragon from Medieval Madness, and a drawing from 1970 in almost perfect condition. The plan going forward is to list items on eBay Wednesday and Sunday. Items on Wednesday will be in a buy it now or make offer format. The items listed on Sunday will be a 7 day auction format with low starting bids. This round of drawings features the original pinhole drawing for the Jokerz! pinball. This is the master drawing that was used to create all of the playfields for Jokerz! You can find this drawing and others at: ebay.com link: itm

#183 1 year ago

The value of original Pinball Design Drawings is speculative. There is no guide to values. We have always tried to make the price on items sold on the vault reasonable. But with no established guide available we have to make estimates on value.

With this in mind we have added a new feature to the Pinball Vault store. You can now make offers on any item. We will attempt to respond to your offer within one business day. Thanks for your continued support of our store. You can access this new feature at www.pinballvault.com.

#184 1 year ago

New drawings going online to the pinball vault eBay site tonight. Including a nice selection of drawings from the 1960's and a very detailed playfield drawing for Pinball Circus.

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

You can now make offers on any item. We will attempt to respond to your offer within one business day. Thanks for your continued support of our store. You can access this new feature at www.pinballvault.com.

Offer sent on an item I've been on the fence about for years! Sorry I called you Steve in my offer; I missed the previous posts about the staff changes.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

New drawings going online to the pinball vault eBay site tonight. Including a nice selection of drawings from the 1960's and a very detailed playfield drawing for Pinball Circus.

Ran into a time problem last night. I am going to try to get new drawings up tonight, Saturday morning at the latest.... These are some real cool drawings. Do not let them get away!

#187 1 year ago

We posted some new cool drawings the other night. The Pinball Circus drawings are on eBay for sale. We have started listing some real old drawings from the 1960's on eBay. All of these are drawn in pencil. So no doubt that these are the original drawings. The oscillating ball shooter is a real cool drawing. I am surprised we have no offer on this drawing. It is 55 years old and in perfect condition. I have not yet identified what game this was used in. Keep in mind that we take offers on all of our items now. Both on eBay and on our Pinball Vault website. Currently I have accepted about 80% of the offers that have been made. With no price guide to guide us, we make educated guesses on what an item should go for.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #188 1 year ago
    Quoted from rogerb:

We posted some new cool drawings the other night. The Pinball Circus drawings are on eBay for sale. We have started listing some real old drawings from the 1960's on eBay. All of these are drawn in pencil. So no doubt that these are the original drawings. The oscillating ball shooter is a real cool drawing. I am surprised we have no offer on this drawing. It is 55 years old and in perfect condition. I have not yet identified what game this was used in. Keep in mind that we take offers on all of our items now. Both on eBay and on our Pinball Vault website. Currently I have accepted about 80% of the offers that have been made. With no price guide to guide us, we make educated guesses on what an item should go for.

Most likely Derby Day and/or Hayburners 2.

1 year later
    #189 13 days ago

We will be restarting digging up blueprints ... initially you can PM to us with any interest in specific games, era's, etc - there is alot of different prints we can try to find. We will start keeping a list and reach out to those on our list first, and then put on Ebay and/or the PPS store.

Many of these are very unique and very rare as most of them are one of a kind, hand drawn, etc.

Just leave a note with your interests, and your email.

Thx
    Team PPS

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/own-a-piece-of-pinball-history-original-blueprints/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.