Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    thing (resized).png
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Pinball Vault new inventory 2022.pdf (PDF preview)
    Low-Resolution-MM-Dragon (resized).jpg
    Low-Resolution-Things-Hand (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181740 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20161103_181859 (1) (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    2019-09-20 16.51.55ps3.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.53.12ps2.jpg
    2019-09-20 16.54.11ps1.jpg
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago

Some pretty interesting original stuff is up. Let me know if you have any questions or looking for any specific games.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Some pretty interesting original stuff is up. Let me know if you have any questions or looking for any specific games.

Better res photos would be nice. Hard to really even see what’s on the papers.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Better res photos would be nice. Hard to really even see what’s on the papers.

Looks like it’s just eBay web page on a mobile device. When I go in through the eBay app I can make out what the items are better.

#104 4 years ago

OP gives very good description on the listings, with game name if applicable.
    Current listings has one drawing of the banana aka "curved" flipper!
    Cool stuff!

#105 4 years ago

100 Quatloos for an original Williams hand drawn blueprint original... if it’s Flash or Firepower, 200 Quatloos... and Pinbot 300 Quatloos!

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

There is a bunch of just found drawings and blueprints

Who certifies these as authentic? “Just found” sounds like it was just thrown together and rubber stamped.if you have dozens of these someone has to spend the time to authenticate each and every one.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Who certifies these as authentic? “Just found” sounds like it was just thrown together and rubber stamped.if you have dozens of these someone has to spend the time to authenticate each and every one.

The licensee certifies them. Just found means a box of drawings, sitting around for years has finally been gone through one by one.

#108 4 years ago

I'm an enjoyment player not really a collector, but I can see how others would be into this. Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers did the first batch go for?

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm an enjoyment player not really a collector, but I can see how others would be into this. Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers did the first batch go for?

A bunch went for between $20-$52 but there were some standouts:
    * Tales of the Arabian Nights Genie blueprint went for $182.50
    * Attack from Mars ramp went for $147.50
    * Scared Stiff coffin mech went for $117.50

Everything else went for under $62.

#110 4 years ago

when Williams designed a game in the 90s all was done in Cad, you can edit the cad drawings and make changes, then print copies which went to vendors to make parts, these look like internal prints used in house, many vendors received them as well.

However most would have been thrown out when no longer required

#111 4 years ago

So I finally have the website up and slowly adding drawings. Check it out www.pinballvault.com
    I will still have some ebay stuff.
    By the way a group of auctions is ending tomorrow, be sure to check them out.ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0
    Thanks

#112 4 years ago

Super interesting stuff including the original almost indestructible, aluminum 2" flipper bats. Good stuff!

ebay.com link: Original Williams Pinball Pencil Drawing Flipper Bat from 1963 with COA

#113 4 years ago

The old flippers are neat. Any blueprints for EM’s?

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

The old flippers are neat. Any blueprints for EM’s?

Yes, getting to them soon.

#115 4 years ago

Auctions are starting to end.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Auctions are starting to end.

Are you paying a % to Pinside for each auction since advertising here? Just checking as that would be standard when using the site for advertising

#117 4 years ago

I donate to pinside.

#118 4 years ago

Wow some folks REALLY love Fishtales. Curious to see what mechs are suddenly reproduced now that blueprints are floating around.

#119 4 years ago

Nice! Finally getting to some older stuff.

#120 4 years ago

Working on the pinside shop, will have stuff up soon.
    Have the website up with product pinballvault.com
    Also ebay.
    I have some fullsize playfield layouts coming soon, original pencil.
    Thanks

1 week later
    #121 4 years ago

FYI a bunch of cool DMD stuff is on ebay.
    ebay.com link: pinballvault
    Also I've added a few to my pinside store along woth the website. www.pinballvault.com

#122 4 years ago

So my curiosity go the best of me, and I won a couple of auctions last weekend. Today I received my plans. The plans I won were from Pinbot and Grand Lizard, and I can definitely state that they are original velums, done in pencil in my case. Now I just need to get frames for them.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Working on the pinside shop, will have stuff up soon.
    Have the website up with product pinballvault.com
    Also ebay.
    I have some fullsize playfield layouts coming soon, original pencil.
    Thanks

So are you going to be listing the same stuff in all three places? Otherwise it’s a pain to have go through three sites to have to browse your inventory.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

So are you going to be listing the same stuff in all three places? Otherwise it’s a pain to have go through three sites to have to browse your inventory.

Different stuff in all three places.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Where else beside ebay please? Thanks!

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Where else beside ebay please? Thanks!

pinballvault.com and a few here on pinside. Click my name to get to the store.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

I don’t mean to sound rude but that’s pretty inconvenient. Look at it from a customer’s perspective. Going through three websites is a lot for something I don’t absolutely need. Maybe you could possibly add “best offer” prices on eBay and then you would be able to list the same in all three places and then just remove listings as they are sold. I would be willing to bet you would sell more. Thanks for sharing these with other people. Otherwise they would just sit in a filing cabinet somewhere.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I don’t mean to sound rude but that’s pretty inconvenient. Look at it from a customer’s perspective. Going through three websites is a lot for something I don’t absolutely need. Maybe you could possibly add “best offer” prices on eBay and then you would be able to list the same in all three places and then just remove listings as they are sold. I would be willing to bet you would sell more. Thanks for sharing these with other people. Otherwise they would just sit in a filing cabinet somewhere.

I will consider that idea. It's hard keeping track.

#129 4 years ago

Doh. Finally found one I really wanted and it's gone already.

#130 4 years ago

Would love something from Funhouse or Roadshow with the pinmation!

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Doh. Finally found one I really wanted and it's gone already.

Let me know what kind of stuff you are looking for as I have lots more not on the site.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kingpin22:

Would love something from Funhouse or Roadshow with the pinmation!

I will add you to the list and let you know. I did post at least one road show ramp on the website yesterday. There is also a playfield blueprint.
    Search 50024 or road show.
    pinballvault.com

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Let me know what kind of stuff you are looking for as I have lots more not on the site.

BSD or Bally Mystic

#134 4 years ago

These Blueprints would look great printed on to t-shirts. Why not wear them.

#135 4 years ago

Looking forward to framing my TOTAN blue print. Nice original piece.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Looking forward to framing my TOTAN blue print. Nice original piece.

Glad you like them.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

I will add you to the list and let you know. I did post at least one road show ramp on the website yesterday. There is also a playfield blueprint.
    Search 50024 or road show.
    pinballvault.com

Just picked up Roadshow Decorated Head for Red and Ted blueprints! If you come across the one for Rudy would like that one also. Thanks these are so amazing! Can't wait to frame them

#138 4 years ago

I picked up the AFM playfield drawing from the web page. It’s freaking huge! E-size, but wider since the plotter can do that. The playfield is 1 : 1, and then there is the border, notes, rev history, and other stuff that takes space. 57 inches wide and about 30.25 inches tall. I’m going to have to make a custom frame for this.

I make drawings just like this for a living and love my AFM, so for a one-off opportunity it was on to splurge a little. Although, 6 of my games cost less than this drawing. Oh well.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kingpin22:

Just picked up Roadshow Decorated Head for Red and Ted blueprints! If you come across the one for Rudy would like that one also. Thanks these are so amazing! Can't wait to frame them

I will let you know when I find anything.

#140 4 years ago

Just wanted to say that I've purchased a number of items from Pinball Vault and everything, from the pieces of art, to their communication, to how carefully they are packed and shipped, has been fantastic. Can't recommend avspin enough.

#141 4 years ago

And whomever bought the Medieval Madness and Solar Fire playfield blueprints, I'm more than happy to pay a premium on what you paid for the blueprints to buy them off of you just for my own personal collection. Please feel free to PM me to discuss what you'd need to make the deal happen. Thank you so much!

#142 4 years ago

I'm in the process of uploading some original playfield pencil layouts, most signed and pin holed. These were used in design and to transfer to wood to create some of the first white wood playfields.
    See the special section in the shop. www.pinballvault.com
    Also finally getting some art up.

#143 4 years ago

Update: I have over 500 items up on the website now, adding more everyday.
    And some cool stuff on ebay.
    Thanks for checking them out.

ebay.com link: pinballvault

#144 4 years ago

Noticed something while checking out the eBay listings. I may be in the minority, but seeing a 2019 copyright stamp and hologram added to a 1956 pencil drawing makes it far less desirable to me.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Noticed something while checking out the eBay listings. I may be in the minority, but seeing a 2019 copyright stamp and hologram added to a 1956 pencil drawing makes it far less desirable to me.

It was a requirement from Williams attorneys to be able to sell these. Sorry.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

See your point but in the same aspect, if you're going to frame these, it's in a place that would be covered up by the matting.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

It was a requirement from Williams attorneys to be able to sell these.

Interesting, doesn't distract me from the coolness. Still looking for the right piece though.

#148 4 years ago

Are they required to be on the front side? Or can they be placed on the back side?

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Or can they be placed on the back side?

Oh, great thinking!

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are they required to be on the front side? Or can they be placed on the back side?

Good question. I will look into it.
    I did one on the back because there was no border and I didn't want it in the image area.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/own-a-piece-of-pinball-history-original-blueprints/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.