(Topic ID: 100522)

Coil Wrapper Confusion

By BR80

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AR coil.jpg
    AE coil.jpg
    Al coil.jpg
    Misprint.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

At about $2.00 per label, think this is a typo or a wrong coil sleeve?
    Misprint.jpgMisprint.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Huh. Interesting.

Have you already contacted PPS about it?

#3 9 years ago

That isn't a typo, just a different prefix which i think identifies lug setup or diode orientation / absence.

Why are you changing coil wrappers anyways? who cares what they look like??? It is under the PF.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Huh. Interesting.
    Have you already contacted PPS about it?

Haven't bothered, figured they have bigger issues to worry about. I'll try making one myself.

Quoted from barakandl:

That isn't a typo, just a different prefix which i think identifies lug setup or diode orientation / absence.
    Why are you changing coil wrappers anyways? who cares what they look like??? It is under the PF.

Guess I didn't think there was really a "AL" coil, although it shouldn't have been in the set I ordered, should have been an "AE". Ordered them because I do care what under-nether looks like, had some missing labels and others beaten badly. Same could be asked about the clean board work you do, why not just hack some wire in there...it's behind the backglass.

#5 9 years ago

Who cares? That is a silly question. Lot's of people care, otherwise the product wouldn't exist. I had an issue with an AFM wrapper and it was rectified quickly.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I'm pretty sure there is a suffix that identifies a diode or different lug, etc. There is an AL-23-800-1 coil. Close but still no cigar.

#7 9 years ago

The 'AL' and 'AR' Prefixed coils are used when the lugs on an 'AE' coil would be in the way of a metal coil mounting bracket or any other close mechanical device.

AL has lugs on the left and middle. AE has lugs on left and right (both corners) AR has lugs on the right and middle of the coil base.

AL - note left & center lugs

Al coil.jpgAl coil.jpg

AE - note wide space lugs

AE coil.jpgAE coil.jpg

AR coil.jpgAR coil.jpg

AR - note right & center lugs

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I'm pretty sure there is a suffix that identifies a diode or different lug, etc. There is an AL-23-800-1 coil. Close but still no cigar.

Just looked it up. Prefix is lug orientation. Suffix is diode setup and/or coil sleeve type. Suffix is more common on a flipper coil.

I guess i forget people are different kinds of collectors than me and want repro coil wrappers.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from BR80:

Guess I didn't think there was really a "AL" coil, although it shouldn't have been in the set I ordered, should have been an "AE".

Your FT and Shadow both call for AL 23-800's. What game are you working on?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Your FT and Shadow both call for AL 23-800's. What game are you working on?

Looks like Whitewater.

#11 9 years ago

We would never want a customer to pay for the wrong item...please e-mail me with order # and we will correct asap. Must have been a bin mix up and we apologize for that. Send your info and it will be corrected Monday.

Thanks, [email protected]

Now time to sleep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/overpriced-coil-wrapper-misprint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.