(Topic ID: 10340)

Overall: Buying off Ebay worth it???

By TheStranger

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumph.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 12 years ago

I have had good success with buying pins on ebay. I've had good success with other outlets, too (Pynball.com and CL). BUT, you must TALK to the seller before you buy. That applies to any remote pin purchase, or any other high dollar item. Photos are great/fine but to me but the character of the seller is really where the rubber hits the road. How can you tell if a seller is 'honest' and accurately representing to you the condition of what they're selling? That's hard to put into words. But in my experience, the honest folks are usually very forthright and display a willingness (eagerness?) to do whatever they can to answer your questions and show you exactly what you're buying, its condition, its shortcomings and so on. They not only want to sell the item but they also make it clear that they want you to be happy with your purchase. If you can't get that level of comfort, my advice is to stay away. But if you can, then buy with confidence. Sorry for the lengthy post. Just trying to be helpful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumph.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/overall-buying-off-ebay-worth-it?tu=triumph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.