Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1456 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I posted an ad on Market place, stating I was thinking of selling my Williams Cyclone. Wow the response was over whelming. I pull the ad beacuse my mail box was over flowing. I was just thinking about it. I will keep all of the emails so that if I do decide to sell it before the end of June that was my prposed selling time, I will contact the replys in order they were recieved. The price will not change or will not increase. Please bear with me.

IMG_1456 (resized).JPGIMG_1456 (resized).JPG
    #2 5 years ago

Popular game with readily available parts at a fair market price = chaos (on here). We are a bunch of vultures!

GLWS

#3 5 years ago

At $1,000 no doubt you were overwhelmed.

#4 5 years ago

You asked for it. “Thinking about selling” is an invitation for being overwhelmed.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

You asked for it. “Thinking about selling” is an invitation for being overwhelmed.

I remember when I said "Thinking about taking on an Eager Beaver". The response was definitely overwhelming.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Reminds me of a classic Pinside thread.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when I said "Thinking about taking on an Eager Beaver". The response was definitely overwhelming.

You got it! Still have it?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

You got it! Still have it?

You bet! After all the hunting I did to find the perfect Beaver, there aint no way she's leaving anytime soon.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You bet! After all the hunting I did to find the perfect Beaver, there aint no we she's leaving anytime soon.

Glad it went to someone who appreciates it!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Reminds me of a classic Pinside thread.

Oh God no.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Glad it went to someone who appreciates it!

Oh we do. I've got some friends that stop by frequently and they love the Beaver too. They almost took it with them maybe once, but I wasn't gonna have any of that. That Eager Beaver had a few bugs for a while, carrying over from ball to ball, but I spent one hard Saturday finally straightening her out.

#12 5 years ago

Usually people think about it and after deciding to sell, place an ad. Placing an ad if you don't know you want to sell the game is kind of wasting everyone's time.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Usually people think about it and after deciding to sell, place an ad. Placing an ad if you don't know you want to sell the game is kind of wasting everyone's time.

Exactly. I wanted to buy a pin on CL out in Los Angeles. The seller did not reply. The ad went down and then came back up. I hit on the seller again with a different approach. He replied that he was not sure that he wanted to sell. I told him to make up his mind and thanks for wasting my time. I finally found the pin I was looking for on the east coast.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Exactly. I wanted to buy a pin on CL out in Los Angeles. The seller did not reply. The ad went down and then came back up. I hit on the seller again with a different approach. He replied that he was not sure that he wanted to sell. I told him to make up his mind and thanks for wasting my time. I finally found the pin I was looking for on the east coast.

This has happened to me a number of times. I have posted “thinking about selling...” threads a couple times so that I can hear people’s opinions on the game, think about stuff I may have overlooked. It helps. But posting an AD or making a DEAL to sell a game, then backing out when the buyer is on their way is BS. Don’t do that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/over-whelmed-on-for-sale-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.