Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ZooDude
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

63333412-07F1-4D2D-849F-C3098B33B161 (resized).jpeg
    0BFA2C30-E65F-43FD-A909-429C2AAD565A (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Outside Edge has been making some of the finest products for the pinball industry for years,behind the scenes. I’m thrilled to let everyone know that they are going retail. I’ve had the extreme pleasure of prototyping quite a few different products that they have manufactured including cabinet art for Addams family, Dr. dude, plastic sets with a huge range from Fish tales two jungle Lord. This company has been behind the scenes for years making some of the best product. For instance the true color Fathom back glass. Their first announcement is Banzai Run cabinet art. When you order from them expect quality. you’re going to get some of the best products out there. I know they are looking for any products that are needed in the community. This thread is dedicated to asking for what is not out there,what is needed in the Pinball world too make our game restored,refurbished …..better!!!

#2 2 years ago

Hardtops and plastic sets needed for all Data East and Sega games. Pretty much an untapped market so far.

#3 2 years ago

From the thread title I thought you had a Water Damaged cabinet! Its expanding ! Help!
    Never heard of the buisness, I'll check it out.

Cheers.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

From the thread title I thought you had a Water Damaged cabinet! Its expanding ! Help!
    Cheers.

They make Hardtops. They also make a bunch of products as the manufacturer not the retailer.

#5 2 years ago

Think about bringing back the mini-translite lamps, and coasters. Those looked cool.
    And yes, more stuff for DE and Sega games would be great.
    Since you're doing Jungle Lord items already, do the backglass. Every one out there is flaking, with no repros available. Don't have mine anymore, but it could have used a new backglass.

#6 2 years ago

The quality of their art reproduction is unmatched by the playfield repro companies. Everyone could learn something from Outside Edge's attention to quality and detail.

#7 2 years ago

I have the lamp shade hanging in our basement, very cool. Would like to buy some additional panels if they become available. Coasters are nice as well.

#8 2 years ago

Reasonably priced invisaglass voodoo glass or what ever else you may call it!

#9 2 years ago

DE speaker covers.
    DE/Sega plastic sets.
    Black cannon in Black Rose
    backbox.
    Classic Stern backglasses like Quicksilver, Big Game, Cheetah, etc.**
    Classic Stern coin door skins, bezels and coin return flaps. No one makes these and there are $8500+ Quicksilvers and Star Gazers being built.
    Reproduction aprons. One Pinsider started making these but stopped. Huge untapped market for repro aprons with silk screened art (no decals).
    Lots of high production pins that have never seen a repro backglass because they are low value pins. Aztec, Bow and Arrow, etc.

*PPS reproduced plastic sets and ramp decals. Freeplay40 made repto ramps. But no one reproduced the thin plastic cannon in the backbox that always breaks.
    **People are charging $8500 for Sterns converted to Quicksilver but only Bgresto makes the backglass.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Cheers.

I came here to post that but you beat me to it.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Reasonably priced invisaglass voodoo glass or what ever else you may call it!

I’d like to see this for myself.

#12 2 years ago

Great products from you guys. I wish they still had the pinball clocks with neon (AFM and FH come to mind as titles you had before). The floor mats and t-shirts were awesome as well. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. I'm a big fan!

#13 2 years ago

Classic Stern DROP TARGETS!!!!!!! I really would love a set for Stars.

#14 2 years ago

Are the cabinet decals going to be thick like Radcals?

#15 2 years ago

I'd love to see playfields in addition to the hardtops, TBH. Like Buthamberg quality playfields.

#16 2 years ago

Now the third company to say their doing jungle lord plastics, wonder if any will actually show up.
    I've been told two other major companies are doing these, any way to confirm or just more hot air?
    B

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Think about bringing back the mini-translite lamps, and coasters. Those looked cool.
    And yes, more stuff for DE and Sega games would be great.
    Since you're doing Jungle Lord items already, do the backglass. Every one out there is flaking, with no repros available. Don't have mine anymore, but it could have used a new backglass.

I got a set of the coasters at Expo a few years back, use them every day.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Now the third company to say their doing jungle lord plastics, wonder if any will actually show up.
    I've been told two other major companies are doing these, any way to confirm or just more hot air?
    B

Do you mean these? Yeah well I have the prototypes and yeah well they did make them. They will be on his site shortly.

0BFA2C30-E65F-43FD-A909-429C2AAD565A (resized).jpeg0BFA2C30-E65F-43FD-A909-429C2AAD565A (resized).jpeg
    #19 2 years ago

Are they correct? I heard 35 sets were made but mis drilled?
    Sorry to be pessimistic, but just heard these were coming for a long, long time.
    Hopefully I'll be proven wrong!
    B

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Are they correct? I heard 35 sets were made but mis drilled?
    Sorry to be pessimistic, but just heard these were coming for a long, long time.
    Hopefully I'll be proven wrong!
    B

Really?this is your response?… Thank you gents for risking finances to bring something to the pinball world. If it’s crap I will not buy it but throw out you measly attempt to help us!WTF…do you think they try to put forward th least attempt o remake all the products we need???

#22 2 years ago

Ease up tough guy. I explained my reason for being pessimistic and added, I hope it works out, sorry if I wasn't nice enough for you, sheesh.
    I've been hearing about problems with this is plastic set for the last two years, it's reasonable to ask if they are correct, I accused you of nothing, just asked a question.All you have to say is you heard wrong, how hard is that?
    Risking finances? It's business, your business, that has nothing to with me,you made a business decision, it's not charity, you make money, as you should.
    I'll buy a set if they are correct.
    B

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Do you mean these? Yeah well I have the prototypes and yeah well they did make them. They will be on his site shortly.[quoted image]

What? I thought I had the prototype set?
    I will concur Outer Edge makes great products!

63333412-07F1-4D2D-849F-C3098B33B161 (resized).jpeg63333412-07F1-4D2D-849F-C3098B33B161 (resized).jpeg

And yes - PPS has the Jungle Lord plastics ready to go - they just haven’t gotten them on their website for sale yet.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

It's business, your business, that has nothing to with me,you made a business decision, it's not charity, you make money, as you should.

Skypilot does not own Outside Edge. He just prototypes some of their awesome products for them. So... lighten up, it IS "charity" for him.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Ease up tough guy. I explained my reason for being pessimistic and added, I hope it works out, sorry if I wasn't nice enough for you, sheesh.
    I've been hearing about problems with this is plastic set for the last two years, it's reasonable to ask if they are correct, I accused you of nothing, just asked a question.All you have to say is you heard wrong, how hard is that?
    Risking finances? It's business, your business, that has nothing to with me,you made a business decision, it's not charity, you make money, as you should.
    I'll buy a set if they are correct.
    B

Sorry to voice my frustrations with you, yes you’re right maybe I need to lighten up. But I literally just finished making the set in the last six months with them, them being Outside Edge. I’ve worked on a lot of projects with them and I know they always stress for quality. Not everything is perfect and things get missed. But the jungle lords looked fantastic. I have not had a chance to put them on a game unfortunately I have so many projects midstream. I haven’t heard any news about these being miss drilled.

#26 2 years ago

There’s so much work that goes into every product that gets reproduced. And there is also a financial factor to every product that gets re-produced. How many must we make/sell to cover our costs. Will we make a profit on this product. If we don’t we won’t be in business long. I’m fortunate to see both sides of the process. I am a restoration guy at heart. Nothing frustrates me more than wanting to make a game look amazing and not have the tools to do it whether it be cabinet art or plastics or mechanisms that break. I’m also very close friends with the gentleman at Outside Edge. I’ve worked on many projects with them and I see where they’re coming from when they spend time money and effort to make something for the Pinball community. And if it’s not perfect they get slammed.So for all of you out there who want new products, when they do come cut the boys on the manufacturing and a bit of slack. I’ve learned to do that.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Sorry to voice my frustrations with you, yes you’re right maybe I need to lighten up. But I literally just finished making the set in the last six months with them, them being Outside Edge. I’ve worked on a lot of projects with them and I know they always stress for quality. Not everything is perfect and things get missed. But the jungle lords looked fantastic. I have not had a chance to put them on a game unfortunately I have so many projects midstream. I haven’t heard any news about these being miss drilled.

This is a solid reply, no hard feelings man, we all get our panties in a bunch from time to time. It turns out that the mis drilled ones were from one of the other companies currently making these plastics, so I was wrong about that.
    Hopefully this won't come off as rude, but the colors on your Jungle lord plastics are off, very off. You replaced light blue with grey on many of the lower plastics and some of the upper ones. I wonder why?
    I'm seeing a lot of threads here about the problems with colors on after market products such as yours so hopefully this won't come off as nit-picky, but I wouldn't buy those plastics with the colors so off. I'm currently restoring this title and was lucky enough to find NOS play field and backglass (!) so I'm definitely wanting the colors on the plastics to be correct. I'm hoping that these prototypes showed the color problems and that they are being corrected for the run?
    If not I'd have to pass, again, no hard feelings, I understand you put a lot of work in here, but I'll hold out for correct colors or have a set custom made.
    Thanks.
    B

#28 2 years ago

I know others have asked in the past but a correct Meteor hardtop would be great. I know volumes have been written about CPR's issues with their playfield and on their latest run they slapped the scores on under the "Meteor" drop targets, but apparently fixed nothing else. I purchased the last "gold" playfield from the earlier run that didn't have the scores and it's going to sicken me more with every step of the playfield swap knowing that the new playfield is so wrong. Plenty of Meteors out there....

#29 2 years ago

Please tell me someone is making Time Warp plastics?

#30 2 years ago

Jungle Lord Plastic Sets now available ... another outstanding Outside Edge supplied product ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-30C-508&Store_Code=PP

#31 2 years ago

I just figured it out, those are the plastics for the red jungle lord, with the yellow upper playfield and the non mirrored back glass. Now it makes sense.
    They made 100 red jungle lord's.
    The blue cabinet jungle lord has different colored plastics, upper playfield and mirrored back glass, they made 6,000 of those.
    Anyone with the red jungle lord is stoked.
    B

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.