Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Marc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am having an issue with the left outlane switch on my STTNG. The switch registers just fine in the switch edge test manually. With the glass off, I can throw the ball at any speed down the Outlane manually and get it to register. When I put the lass back on and play a game, the all can o down that outlane as many times as it wants and won't register the switch. At first, the switch seemed too tall so that the ball would just skip over it and drain. I adjusted the switch to what appears to be the proper height based on the other rollover switches I saw. Problem solved, right? No. I know the switch is good as I can depress the arm all day long with my finger and it works just fine. It has to be an adjustment somewhere or just something else I haven't accounted for. Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

The best adjustment ------NEW switch.

Yes it works fine in test. And I'm betting it has flux inside, making it slow. Classic symptom is working in test and failing in game play.

LTG : )

1 week later
#3 11 years ago

Ordered a new switch and got it in the mail today. Took the old one off and replaced it with the new one. Turns out, the old switch wasn't the correct one and was caked with an oily goo under the screws that mounted the switch to the bracket. A thorough cleaning of the mounting hardware and minor adjustment to the new switch and viola! Problem fixed. Thanks for the help! The game is way more fun with a functioning kickback.

#4 11 years ago

Cool. I have found through the years that when a micro starts to get flaky there is no better fix than a new one. You can adjust them all day long and get them to work but it won't stay. And for just a few bucks it makes better sense to just install a new one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 63.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outlane-switch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.