• Latest reply 5 years ago by mr300ww
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1452 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

have a stern freefall that has a bad switch in the ball trough, in the manual it is switch # 35 but i cannot find a part number for it and am trying to locate a suitable replacement. it is a 3 lead switch with diode. should be metal,paper, metal with contact..... bent metal and then metal with contact

IMG_1452 (resized).JPGIMG_1452 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

From the Stern Electronics parts catalog I think the switch you are looking for is part number SW-462, Action Kicker Switch.

I'm reasonably certain the Steve at Pinball Resource can get you what you need. I know he does have the fish paper separators he sells separately.

#3 5 years ago

Is the paper necessary or could I use a switch without it?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mr300ww:

Is the paper necessary or could I use a switch without it?

I just looked at one of my Sterns. Yes, the paper is necessary. You have to be insulated from the rollover wire itself, otherwise the ball will ground the rollover wire to the channel the ball rolls in. And then the rollover wire will short into the switch blade.

#5 5 years ago

ok thanks, unfortunately PBR is not taking emails until monday and it's hard to describe it without the picture but im pretty much stuck right now with a busted machine until i can get that part, didnt think it would be this big of a problem to find lol

#6 5 years ago

Are the contacts pitted and destroyed so bad that it's not making a connection (have you tried to clean them?) Have you tried replacing the diode? A DMM can test both.

#7 5 years ago

Yes I had someone try to help me figure out why my machine wasn’t booting, diode was good, no broken wires only thing he could figure was the switch was shot, there is supposed to be the bent metal in between the 2 contacts and it has been broken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Machine - For Sale
Copenhagen
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outhole-rollover-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.