Outhole relay problem

By Flyboybuster

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Howdy!
I have a Williams super flite. The machine is working reasonably well, however the outhole relay won’t close long enough (it does pulse) to trigger the resets, ball kicker.......

The switch’s are clean, so I’m looking for ideas. Could it be that I need a new coil for the outhole relay?

#2 4 years ago

You need to look at the schematic to see what makes the outhole relay drop out after it is energized. Check switch 5-B on the score motor, looks like that should keep it energized for most of a score motor rotation (it should be a normally closed switch).

#3 4 years ago

Ok, I thought the score motors’ pulse was what activated and deactivated the outhole relay. So there is a deactivating switch too?

#4 4 years ago

What exactly is the problem? Why do you think you have an outhole relay issue?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Flyboybuster:

Ok, I thought the score motors’ pulse was what activated and deactivated the outhole relay. So there is a deactivating switch too?

Switch 6-B will activate the relay once the bonus hits zero. Then it stays energized until switch 5-B opens. So yes there is one pulse to activate it and one to deactivate.

You can put the score motor into service mode and manually turn it to check correct operation.

#6 4 years ago

Dr, you nailed it! it was the score motor switch not being correctly positioned.

How about another problem.....the game almost always goes into a 2 player game from one start button push? Not always, but most of the time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outhole-relay-problem?hl=flyboybuster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.